“Location, location, location”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Can't beat the price and central strip location of Bally's. Very clean, large rooms in the North Tower. It was very nice to be able to walk through the Paris Hotel without even having to go outside. In the other direction we were just a crosswalk away from Bill's Gambling Hall. The casino seemed to be a lot more smokey than other hotels. Definitely not the flashiest but for a clean, centrally located place to stay, it is a great deal.

3  Thank Denise W
There are newer reviews for Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First time in Vegas, was hesitant with the low price. The hotel turned out great! Staff is very friendly and room was clean. Air conditioning was noisy though. We had a deluxe room with king size bed in the north tower, room service was nice enough to throw in a roll-away bed for our 3-year-old free of charge. Didn't have a view but can't complain with the price. Charging for 3-year-old kind of sucks. Las Vegas is not really a kid friendly place after all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank chunerrrr
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We tried Bally's out during our last visit to Vegas and came away impressed and waiting to return. We skipped New Years Eve and instead went on New Years Day for 3 nights at 75% less cost. The value is incredible at this place. $30 for three nights is tough to beat in Las Vegas. The location is perfect. We were upgraded on our first visit and enjoyed the room so much we asked for it again. So again we were upgraded to a Parlor Suite on New Years Day(at no additional cost). This room is the only one in Bally's with a fridge, which is a huge plus. It has a sofa, a couple extra chairs, dining table, wet bar, and a separate vanity area. Didn't play much at the casino, tables were rather full when I was trying to play. It's location to everything is next to none. Anyone looking for a great value hotel in Vegas, Bally's is the place.

2  Thank Matt N
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's hard to say anything about this hotel that hasn't been said many times before. You've got to remember that this is probably the cheapest of the big hotels on the Strip (at least it was when I booked) so some deficiencies are to be expected and many are the same as other more expensive hotels. My rating is an easy 4 out of 5.
Bad points:
1. a horrendous walk from the carpark to the check-in desk. It's long and goes via the crowded gaming floor.
2. long wait at check-in but we arrived at peak time. The check-in itself was fast and painless
3. no coffee machines, fridges or microwaves in rooms
Good points:
1. we a really nice room in the North Tower. Our view was away from the strip but the advantage (for us) is that we got great morning sun.
2. Location is really good - it's connected to Paris (carpark and restaurants are shared) and across the road from the Bellagio & Caesars.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Paul C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just came back from four nights at Bally's. We were very happy with the location of the hotel. It is quite centrally located on the strip. We paid for a room in the South tower but were upgraded upon arrival to one in the North tower. We stayed on a non-smoking floor and the room was very clean and nice. Also so spacious! The hotel was a bit dated but I thought that it was perfect for the price we paid and how centrally located it was. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel but the casino did manage to take some of our money! All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Lines weren't too bad either, especially for New Years in Vegas. When you're in Vegas you don't spend much time in your room but Bally's proved to be a great landing spot for us at night!

7  Thank Travelingnewleyweds
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had to give it "average" just because it was a pretty average room based on Vegas standards... but I had absolutely no problems with the place... The view was PHENOMENAL! South tower. Walls seem to be thin, you can hear quite a bit from the next room.

Room Tip: If you want newer room ask for north tower
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Beccadenise
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was my second time to stay at Bally's. The last time I had gotten upgraded to a North Tower room but this time I was in the South Tower. This was actually the tower I wanted because of the strip view anyway so I was fine.

They didn't say anything about it but I think I got upgraded this time too. I loved my room! There was a small entryway as you come in. To the right is a large mirrored closet and to the left is the bathroom. It's a pretty average hotel bathroom with the standard amenities of soap, lotion, and shampoo/conditioner combo. The toilet is tucked sort of behind the shower, which I guess does give you an extra degree of privacy. There's a full length mirror in addition to the big one over the sink. There's a good amount of counter room.

Bally's rooms are larger than average on the strip, especially when you're a budget traveler like I am, and this one was even bigger than the one I'd had before. There was a separate sitting area with a small couch, a chair, coffee table, and a couple of end tables.

The couch faces a large bureau with lots of drawers. Over it is a large flat screen TV. There were 4 lamps in the sitting area--2 on the end tables, 1 on the bureau, and one standing lamp. Beyond the sitting area was a dining table with 4 chairs.

Even though this was a solo trip, I had gotten a room with 2 queen beds. I like to use the other one to toss my stuff on, plus I like having a lot of pillows. (There was an extra pillow in the closet also. Major plus for me.) The bed was very comfortable.

There was a big floor to ceiling window at the far end of the room. I was facing Bill's and the Flamingo and could also see the Mirage, Caesars, and the mountains in the distance.

Between the beds and the window was a glass-topped desk with chair. On the other side of the bed was a little bar with a small sink and, best of all, a small dorm-sized refrigerator. Refrigerators in the room are a rarity in Vegas so this was a really nice surprise. The ice bucket on the bar was much better than what you usually get in budget hotels in Vegas and actually kept your ice in its solid form for much longer than usual.

The carpet was showing its age and there were several smallish areas with splotches that were much lighter than the rest of the carpeting. Personally, I don't much care about things like that but I know some people do.

I like the casino there and found it pretty easy to navigate and find my way around. I wasn't really tempted by any of the restaurants there but there's a hallway connecting it to the Paris casino and there are a lot of places in that area to eat, even on a budget. The location is right in the center of the strip so you're convenient to lots of other places to eat as well.

The main drawback to staying there for me is that it was not very convenient when it came to buses, which is my primary form of transportation when I'm on the strip. It's not bad if you're heading north or coming from the south as there is a stop right outside Paris.

If you're wanting to head south or are coming in from the north, however, there aren't really any stops that are very convenient. The closest stops are at Caesars or Bellagio, both of which are on the far side of those very large properties. It's a LOT of walking to get to either of them, especially after you've been there a few days and have developed a bad case of Vegas Feet.

The only other complaint I have is one that I have with all Caesar's properties now. Check in isn't until 3 or 4 for most places and if you want to check in earlier, they now charge a fee for that. It was only about an hour away from check in time when I got there and I had to pay $11. I found that really annoying but I was severely tired so I paid it.

Outside of those two points, I would have given my stay there the full 5 points.

Room Tip: You're more likely to get a strip view if you get a high room in the South Tower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo