“Bed bugs!” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
“Bed bugs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in north tower 11/8-11/12. First off this place is in dire need of renovations - what decent hotel still has those clothes hangers that stay attached! Also this hotel says they don't charge a resort fee - that's true but they'll charge you $10 for an early check-in (even though room was ready), $3/day for the room safe, etc. On top of this I left with bites all over my ankles - after contacting the hotel the only reply I received was that they hope I try them again sometime, NOT LIKELY!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jim S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,956)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wife & I usually get a couple nights comped when we stay which makes this a good value. Free upgrade to the north tower, 14th floor. Room was clean, basic, nothing special. Charge for wifi is absolutely rediculous so i didn't use it. Casino didn't seem to smell as smokey as it used to. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank revision-x
Long Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I had a service issue when we stayed at bally's last summer. Upon sharing this with the manager, Kit Matsura, it was immediately repaired with a reduction in our bill and an offer for 2 free nite stays in the future. We took advantage of his offer and have just returned from our stay at Bally's. Everything was just great and the only reason why i can't give the hotel a 5 star rating is because it's just not the luxury property some people want but with the excellent service, very nice room amenities, like good sheets, fluffy towels, good hair products, etc. not to mention the large and really very nice rooms in the North Tower, it's got a great location and very fair prices. I really believe they do the best possible with the buildings, pools etc. they have to work with since it's clearly an older property. Kit is a great manager and really understands what his guests need to have a great stay. He even clled us twice to be sure all was going well...and it was! Thank you Kit! In fact, it was so great, that I plan to book another stay when I meet my cousin in Las Vegas next year.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the north tower
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConnieLongBeach
Canberra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I don't play gaming machines so Las Vegas was all about the 24 hour excitement of the place and things to do and see. Ballys was excellent for the price paid. Staff were helpful and the $2 frozen margaritas were a hit. Room was comfortable and clean but a long way from the lift and no kettle for a cup of tea :-(. Location location which is why I chose Ballys. Next to Paris and the Flamingo through Ballys so I felt like I had three hotels to choose from for food drink and entertainment. Saw Human Nature sing which was fabulous and did a day trip to the stunning Grand Canyon. Love Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravellingNanna
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went to Vegas with my work friend for a conference November 6-9, 2012. I picked Bally's for its value and location--low price & in the middle of the strip. Bally's is located next to (and internally connected to) Paris Hotel where the conference was held. I had read on TripAdvisor that the location is ideal, and I was trying to save a few bucks, since I didn't expect to spend much time in my room other than to sleep & get ready.

As it turned out, the place was perfect for my needs. The location really cannot be beat. The value is excellent, especially if you book directly through Bally's. I think I got a room for $60-66 per night for a Monday to Thursday night stay.

The airport check-in suggested by some on TripAdvisor only works if your airline happens to arrive at Terminal 1. Mine landed in Terminal 3, therefore, I didn't want to take the tram to go to Terminal 1 because it seemed like a needless hassle. Took a cab to Bally's, followed advice to tell cabbie "No tunnel, please." Still cost about $20 for the ride. Whatever.

Check-in was quick and easy as there were only 2 other parties in front of me at 5pm. I had reserved a North tower room and got what I wanted. I never went to the South Tower and cannot comment on it. I asked about the Rewards Program and was directed to their counter, also in the lobby. I got my Rewards card without any hassle and went up to check out my room.

The room IS more spacious than most other rooms I've used, except for studios. I had a king sized bed, love seat with coffee table, a desk with chair, and another table with mirror in front. There is no microwave, fridge, or coffeemaker in the room, so plan accordingly. However, there is an iron and table. I don't believe there was a hairdryer either, so bring one if you're an XX chromosome type.

The bed was very comfortable with pillows of different firmness--slept like a baby. The room was quiet. Bathroom has good shower head, although no adjustable shower settings, plenty of towels, and marble finishings. No fan in the bathroom, but no problem with steam on mirrors. Hot water was hot enough for a close shave. Shampoo & conditioner in one was adequate.

I did not use the Wi-Fi due to reading about the exorbitant charges for it. I just relied on my smart phone, without any difficulties. I wasn't planning to spend much time on a laptop, had I brought one. I have US Cellular and the signal was a bit weak from my hotel room, although I was on the 9th floor. TV was ok, nothing spectacular. I just used it a bit in the morning to catch up on the news. Clock radio has 2 separate alarm time options, which may be useful to some. No water bottles provided in room.

The casino was decent. I mainly played the slots and did well my last day, winning $250 by hitting 1000 on the Wheel of Fortune machine. The waitresses don't come by the slots as much as the gaming tables, as expected. However, they did provide drink service quickly most of the time. Please tip them. I felt sorry for some of the older ones, forced to wear the low-cut outfits.

We did sit at the casino bar to watch some football and drink a few beers, redeeming some Rewards points. The bartender was ok, but not as uptight as many I've heard of and experienced in Vegas in the past. On a couple of nights, a Jubilee showgirl was available to be photographed with, for those who had paid to see the show. I believe I saw the patrons showing their ticket stubs to have the privilege of getting photographed with the dancer.

I was propositioned by a woman in the casino, with the standard, "Are you here for a conference?" line. Watch out for the women with the small purses and who drink coffee in the middle of the night. Those are definite tip-offs that you are dealing with a "professional". FYI, prostitution is ILLEGAL in Clark County. Fair warning.

After staying there 4 nights, I had accumulated about $23 in Reward money. I used this for drinks at the casino bar as stated above. You can also redeem this money to pay for your hotel cost at check-out.

The excellent location, reasonable rates, big room, comfortable bed, reasonable amenities, nice big casino, and good service were all pluses.

I would definitely recommend Bally's & stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for North Tower if you want a modern room. Ask for South Tower if you want a nice view of the B...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank B P
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent location mid-strip in middle of everything. Booked South Tower (was cheaper) but was upgraded to North Tower (thanks!), and they didn't charge for extra 3rd person after saying they would. Lovely clean room - very spacious. Check in/out was busy but all staff were helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kiwichristina
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

You enter the main lobby and join a very long check in line. I guess that's just Vegas. The room showed some wear and tear, but we didn't really mind. It was very spacious, which meant my kid had plenty of space to play. It connects to the Paris hotel, which has the better casino. My primary annoyance was that the big beautiful pool was closed as of early November. Oh well. The price was right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business