“Pay a bit extra and stay somewhere else”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“Pay a bit extra and stay somewhere else”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed in Ballys in the South Tower. As it was my first time in Vegas I asked for a strip view and was given a room with a view towards Caesars. The big advertising screen in front of Ballys plays around the clock so bring your ear plugs if you stay here. Disinterested check in staff, though I found that in every hotel I stayed at during my 3 weeks in the states. I would give this hotel a miss.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,161)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
La Plata, Maryland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times. The south rooms are pretty run down and noisey. They were spacious and clean. North rooms are really 4 star. Both have a good view and location is great. Front desk staff nice but other employees like bartender's and ticket sales not very friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: Food is good at the sidewalk cafe and reasonable. Also check out food court downstairs for quick bit...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suenior
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have 3 things I look for, quiet rooms, fitted sheets and roomy rooms so Bally's met my criterion. The carpet could have been a little better but otherwise it was fine. I like the location, at the center of the strip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Traci S
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

When we checked in and went to our room, as soon as entering the room the carpet was soaked and the room smelled horrible. The bathroom sink was overflowing with blackened water that had a horrible stench. When we returned to the front desk and asked to change rooms and for a upgrade they willingly gave it to us. Our upgrade was the same DAMN room but on a different floor.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

All-around a good place to stay. It's connected to Paris, and that is a really great resort/casino to roam and play in. It's got a LOT of great resorts all around it, if casino-hopping is your thing. Food choices there are great. There wasn't any noise in the rooms. If the price is right, I'd recommend a stay there!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Bally's is located in the mid-strip which means perfect location. It's right across the street from Bellagio and next to the Paris Hotel. We stayed in a dated room at Bally's but it was ok because we had a nice large room and the location also made up for it. There is also no resort fee, but wifi is expensive. We arrived a few hours earlier than 3pm which is the typical check-in time and they were able to accommodate us. I should hope so since it's such a huge hotel and we went in the middle of the week. Also, another perk is free parking, but all strip hotels have free parking regardless if you eat, stay or gamble there. There is a free shuttle that takes you to their sister hotels but we didn't take advantage of that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank map2010
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My expectations were relatively low when I decided to book a room for 5 nights at Ballys. I just needed a decent room that was clean and where I can lay my bags, shower and sleep. Ballys was a little bit more than that.The property, while a little dated, was very well kept. Everything was clean and prestine and it really had the feel of a property that was organized and knew what they were doing. I stayed in the North Tower and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the North Tower to anyone. Some previous reviewers complained about the smell of smoke in the hallways, stains on carpets, etc, but I did not have any such issues like that. This place was very clean and well appointed.

No check-in line at 1:00pm. Even when I passed by the lobby on occassion, with the exeception of Sunday (Property notified everyone that it would be a little busier), check-in /out time was minimal. Huge plus here.

I give this positive review despite not getting off to a good start. During the second day, our sink backed up in the morning and the pipes began leaking creating a nice little flood in the bathroom. My party of 9 were just getting ready to go out to brunch and were waiting on me as we had reservations set up. I called down to the front desk and they immediately sent someone up and the problem was fixed in less than 10 minutes. I never once mentioned that I had to go. They just came in a fixed it without hesistation. Great stuff.

The buffet was average due to selection but food was actually seasoned well and tasty. After visiting other pools at Harrahs, Riveria, IP, Paris and a few others, I can confidently say that the pool scene is better than average. My party and I did cabana service for two days and the food was great as well as the service. Pool was clean, scenery was nice. In my opinion, the best days for the pool were Friday and Saturday. Crowd was a little younger and the music was great. If you are looking for a pool with a DJ, but a little more relaxed, try Sundays at Ballys. I also recommend Cabana service as well. Its very affordable and relaxing. My friends and I had an absolute blast.

Location...Location...Location. Ballys is connected to Paris from the inside. Going from property to property couldn't be easier. Ballys also has free shuttle service to the Rio. Right across from the the Bellagio, close to Planet Hollywood and across the street from Bills, you get a little bit of everything. In my honest opinion, the area from Planet Hollywood down to Harrahs is arguably the busiest part of the strip. In the middle of that is Ballys.

Unless I find a knockout deal at another property, I will be staying at Ballys again during my next visit. 3 stars is too low for this porperty. I think that this property borders right on 4 stars. Great stay and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you Ballys!

Room Tip: Book rooms in the North Tower
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends