“Was happy with Ballys”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #81 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 8, 2008

My husband and I and our 9 year old daughter booked a stay at Bally's from December 30th to January 4th - 5 nights. We arrived at the hotel early, around 12:30pm, didn't have to wait in line more than a few minutes, staff was very nice, we got a room immediately, asked for a north tower room and got one no problem. Room was large, nice comfortable clean beds and great clean updated bathroom. Two negatives about the room - carpet was terribly stained, and the street noise and sirens outside our room window kept us up most nights. The hallway outside our room was very quiet though, (we were way down the hall) so if we didn't have the street noise, we would have had a very quiet room and lots of sleep, but that didn't happen. Big plus with this hotel, connects to Paris and the walkway of shops and restaurants is beautiful and we quite enjoyed it every day. Also, my daughter loved the moving sidewalks outside the hotel that led you to the conveniently to the strip and lots of close attractions including the most spectacular fountains at Bellagio, they are truly a work of art. Loved the mall and attractions in the Venetian and had a wonderful, reasonable dinner in the Mexican restaurant/bar there that also had wonderful friendly staff, highly recommend it. All in all, a nice vacation, I would stay in Bally's again but would make sure that we don't have a room outside a busy street. May try the Planet Hollywood Hotel, it looked nice and they have a huge modern mall inside. We took in the V Variety show, it was excellent, my daughter loved it and both my husband and I thought the talent in the show was super. Watch out for the prices, food and drinks are expensive, including bottled water.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Squirt38
Write a ReviewReviews (19,187)

Reviewed January 7, 2008

The show was more spectacular than expected. This made up for the yucky room in the "old" tower. I didn't know about a new tower. And even if your a smoker the SMOKE is awful. I couldn't find 1 "21" slot machine.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank liberty49
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Ballys is a very well situated Hotel for staying on the Strip. very close to many of the main Hotels/ cafe's, the monorail, shopping and car hire facilities.. It is budget accomodation on the Strip and our room was very tired ( 70's furniture and decor) but clean and remarkably large. However, our friends stayed at the same time and for the same rate and had a suite and it looked much more up to date and had a view of the Strip. I would recommend staying here if you can get a suite.. otherwise shop around a bit.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank flyingkiwipoms
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We stayed here from 29 Dec to 1 January, and we had been lucky to made our booking 6 months in advance. I secured a Best Rate Garantee and see they gave me a rate of about $130 for each night when in fact new years was about $300. I had spent the earlier 4 nights in this trip at Mirage and when we checked in we were disappointed with our rooms.

In spite of having booked 6 months in advance, they could not even offer us a king bed as requested. I remember speaking to an Asian lady quite short and middle aged, who was so very rude to us. I asked her if we could change from 2 single to 1 large bed, and she really shouted at me like I was nobody. I was trying to find out from her if there was any difference in the south tower (where were currently checked in) or the north tower (where she offered us a king bed after 7pm). My wife was unwell so I did not want to move her around if the room was no better. i was really put off by her, but I let it go so we could have a nice holiday. We ended up staying in the room with 2 single beds because the view was THE BEST YOU CAN GET IN VEGAS, COMPLETELY UN-OBSTRUCTED OF THE SOTH STRIP! so we decided to stay put and enjoy the evening view.

Each time I ever come to vegas, for some reason we eat at Sbarro in Ballys. This time we also had pretzels and hagan das icecream, we had these BOGOF coupns so every bit helps!

The restaurants are nothing great, so we ate 2 times in Paris at teh burger brasserie, very nice burgers I thought, plus hot waitress in tiny shorts! maximum price for 2 hungry people with fries and drinks is about $30, cheap!

Location is decent, close enough to walk to MGM lots of tourist shops along the way, and you can buy cheap water, tourist trips, souvenirs, etc so worth a morning stroll!

Overall we would have preferred to stay at a themed hotel but since Ballys gave us very good room rates, we stayed there.

New years was silly, the area outside the hotel was so crowded, lots of security and this was quite dangerous with so many people.

Unluckily my wife became very ill, and we had no wayy to get to a hospital so we had to walk round the back way to harmon medicla centre. When I told ballys reception my wife was ill, they sent security within 5 minutes, who spent 30 minutes with us trying to help. I was very impressed with them.

What was weird was with reception next morning, I wanted a checkout for 1 pm, stating my wife needs to rest before her flights which was 4pm, but they kept messing us about, saying to call back later. I really doubt all 3000 rooms were required to be cleaned at once, they could have just let us keep the room till later. In any event we checked out in the post box, and I doubt they even cleaned up until much later.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RaviDoshi
Reviewed January 2, 2008

What I like most about Bally's is that there was only a 5-10 minute wait to check-in. The line moved very fast. Customer Service was exceptional. I was attending a conference and I chose this hotel for convenience. I loved tthat the Monorail was ran at the hotel. It was very hot and brought my mother along and taking the monorail was our best way to get to several hotels. There was a lounge were people were performing. This was absolutely fabulous. I don't care too much for gambling but there was plenty to do. The Jacuzzi was oversized it was perfect. My mother loved the shops and the Jacuzzi the best. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Owings Mills, MD

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
7  Thank MarylandBeachBabe
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Our family of 4, 2 adults with kids, ages 13 & 8 stayed there
for 3 nights. Hotel location was great - on the strip and connected to the Paris hotel.

Stayed in the South Tower.- room with 2 queen beds. Room itself was dated , i.e.. Old and sparsely furnished. Only had 2 chairs with a small table, And no sofa chairs. There was more than enough space!
Television did not have any local stations! All were hotel advertising or paid movies! Bathroom was fine. However, had to ask for 1 additional bath towel, they provided 3 bath towels.

Restaurants in the hotel were just ok.

Check-in at the front desk was so-so. The person was not friendly, she just wanted to get us going so could check the "next person" in line.

There was inadequate information in the room about the hotel in general, esp dining areas and the map of the hotel.

Next time: We'll stay somewhere else on the strip.

• Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank cricket715
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I was at this hotel from December 20 - 27 and found the hotel to be generally fine. My room was large, clean and in good shape. The hotel was well-kept in most cases. The location is perfect for anyone that wants to walk or take the monorail to other locations on the stripe. Food and beverage options are reasonable and it is between two major Vegas shopping areas located in other nearby properties.

A few critical remarks: the check-in desk needs more staff; the hallway cleaning staff needs to check for and remove things from those areas faster; and one odd thing - security called me at 9:30 AM on my final day to tell me they had a noise compliant at a time when I was alone in the room reading a book!

The two hotel featured shows "Jubilee"and "The Prince Is Right" are great ways to spend time. "Jubilee" was a surprise in terms of the production level and the quality of the performers. Located next to "Paris", you can walk through it and get close to the giant mall at "Planet Hollywood". "Paris" offers some fine dining and entertainment venues. Be aware of the long line to the "Paris" buffet - at times over an hour in the mornings to get in. If you want a buffet, the Bally's hotel offers you discounts at three other buffets that are at other locations that their chain owns,

I used the express check-out and found cab service to the airport easy and cheap from the hotel. I would consider going back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo