“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown
Ranked #158 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I called in with several reservations for our company, I am extremely pleased with Cesar and his outstanding customer service. He is professional and helpful, taking the time to book all my reservations, He was friendly and has a great personality. He has a clear and professional way of speaking. I wish that every hotel I called had a Cesar! I am unable to review on the actual hotel as my team has not stayed there yet, so the Excellent review goes to Cesar himself.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your reservation experience. I am glad Cesar was able to assist you in a courteous and professional manner. It's great to hear that Cesar exceeded your expectations in making the reservations.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked this extended stay online and I guess was fooled by the pictures, because when I arrived at 4:30pm and was told the room wasn't ready, even though check in is at 3pm, I guess I should have figured something but I came back two hours later at 6:30 and was able to check in. I was able to notice the following inconsistencies such as, bed bug, dents on all furniture and walls, shower faucet knob stuck and detaching from wall, bathroom door knob was hanging(detached), linen had stains, ripped curtain, filthy toaster(crumbs), stovetop & countertop(grease/grime), fridge had stains, room had odor. I was so completely disgusted with the conditions, but the manager decided to offer to correct some of the issues which was the knob and the faucet. She did not offer me another room, she offered me a $10 subway gift card. I had no choice but to endure these horrendous conditions with constant nuisance disturbances for a week until I was able to complain to the district manager and then offered the option to check out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank chantay12
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Chantay - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I apologize that your room was not in acceptable condition when you arrived. Please know, when guests are unhappy with their room for any reason our policy is to try to fix the issues as best as possible and/or offer an upgraded room, which the staff did do for you. While you did not accept this offer, we did work with you to allow for an early check-out. I am disheartened to read that this solution was not ideal in the end, but will be working with the team to ensure that we correct the problems outlined so they do not affect future guests.

We continually work to improve our hotel and resolve issues that arise, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dbusch@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I needed a dog friendly hotel, in a quiet location and a certain price range. This fit the bill. The room was clean in the important areas, (when you travel with small children or pets, you learn to look for what they might find) some dust under the ac/heating unit and some mold stains in the tub caulking. The linens looked clean, the towels adequate, but a little rough. I was worried about hearing sirens all night, with the hotel being across the street from the hospital, but that wasn't a problem. The in-room ac/heating unit was quieter than most. The 2nd floor hallway near my room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke, but my room didn't. The front desk staff were very nice and cheerful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we met your expectations and that my staff provided you with a comfortable stay. I am sorry that the 2nd floor hallway smelled faintly of smoke; however, I am glad that this did not affect your room. Please know, our maintenance staff has eliminated this issue since your stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was hospitalized unexpectedly while a tourist from Australia. Someone recommended this place for my husband as it was very near Sunrise Hospital. Josh and John at reception couldn't have been more helpful. We had no phone or access to internet to re-book our flights and accommodation. They did all they could to help us. I stayed there where discharged and was grateful for the advice and hospitality. The room was a great price, large and the kitchen very ample. . Appreciated the honor system for the pantry and breakfast. Denny's next door was great for easy access to meals. We were so glad to have found this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff were helpful in meeting your needs and that our hotel was convenient for you while visiting Sunrise Hospital.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked through a 3rd party site, which would not let us pick a room than more than a 2-person accommodation. We have 3 people that plan on staying in the room. As requested by the 3rd party site, we called the hotel about this matter. We requested a room with 2 beds or a rolls, if available.

The first individual that I spoke with, Caesar said he would have to call me back, it seemed that he was with another guest. Caesar called me back about 5-10 minutes later. He responded with, "You have to change the accommodation with the 3rd party site," or else they would have to charge me their rental rate. That doesn't make ANY sense because I already paid for the room. Caesar was not knowledgeable and had to have a Manager on Duty call me back about 5-10 minutes after we hung up.

The Manager on Duty was rude and or apologetic about having these call backs for a simple room accommodation. I was met with rudeness and obviously Caesar was incorrect. YOU can request a room accommodation, if you plan on booking through a 3rd party site, BEWARE: You will pay either $15 for a roll out/night or $20.16/night extra for 2 beds.

I have not stayed at the hotel yet, but this is the customer service that I have received. If I booked this as a refundable-trip hotel, I would have cancelled right on the phone after dealing with this hotel.

There are plenty of hotels in Vegas. I only chose this one because of its location to the Convention Center. I come every September and at this point- I am already not looking forward to my stay nor do I plan on staying again. I will update this review after my stay on the rooms and etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

In town for business, wanted to be away from hustle and bustle of The Strip. Overall, this place met my needs. Well-lit parking lot with plenty of parking. I was on the 3rd floor, which was very quiet. Our room was #321, a N/S double bed room, which was very clean overall, just a bit of mold deep in the grout lines at the right of the bathtub, not enough to bother me. Towels are extremely thin and a bit scratchy, but very absorbent. Good counter space in the bathroom. Appreciated the full-sized fridge, the microwave, 2 burner cooktop, and cups, mugs, plates, pots, and silverware for 2. If you want to make coffee, make sure to bring your own filters (small coffeemaker) - I brought my own coffee and filters, and it worked out fine. Our fridge made a noticeable clicking noise at times - I'm a very light sleeper, but I brought my earplugs, so I was good. Good closet space with full length mirrors, good cold a/c. A grab-n-go breakfast is provided, nice touch. My only concern was what I considered an extremely hard bed, the one closest to the closet. Reviewer 3bear gave a tip on being moved to a room with a softer bed - thank you, I'll make a note for next time. I would return if business brought me there again. I usually take photos of the rooms I stay in, but I completely forgot this time. The professional photos are pretty accurate.

Room Tip: Room 321 is very quiet, however, bed closest to closet was very hard to me. Please note that I am us...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding all of the amenities our hotel had to offer as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, please accept our apologies that the bed in your room was uncomfortable and that the refrigerator in your room made some noise throughout your stay. Since your stay, I can assure you, those issues have been addressed.

I sincerely thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I chose this hotel just across the street from the hospital so a friend can have his operation and I can be nearby. The hotel is actually a small apartment with micro/refer/ an 2 burner cooktop. It comes with 2 cups, plates, pots, toaster and silverware. Laundry room onsite too.The bed wasn't the softest but I was moved to another room that worked out fine. The employees were very nice and was also next to Denny's. There is no ice machine but there are 2 ice cube trays in the large refer that makes ice quick, just bring a bag to store some for later use. I would stay here again if I had the room with the softer bed. Room was clean but the outside blacktop parking lot makes the entry rugs a bit black. A much need hotel location and a good option for us.

Room Tip: We stayed on bottom floor where the entry rugs were black from the parking lot. Room 105 had very ha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was convenient for you while visiting Sunrise Hospital.

Once again, thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.