“Great 5 Day Vacation”

Ranked #51 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
florida
“Great 5 Day Vacation”
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I loved this place. They say its a "local" casino and I truly felt welcomed there. From the reception desk to housekeeping , it was a sheer delight. Very Clean and nice big rooms. Nice big screen TV on the wall. Close to everything ( only about 7 miles from the strip) The buffet was wonderful and the prices were more than affordable. If your over 50 and get your players card then you get your buffet discounted a few bucks. The dealers were very friendly and as for that matter all of the employees were more than cordial. There is a lot to see nearby but if you like Bingo and slots you are in for a treat. The slots are kinda generous and lots of fun ones to play as well. Although there are lots of people around there is not that loud noise that you hear in some casinos. And there is a 16 plex movies theater that we always said we would go to but we never did get arounf to it. We both played in a Texas Hold Em tournament and it was great even though neither of us won any money but we did come pretty close. Via Veneto was their Italian resturant and it was very good and certainly worth a try. Great prices and great italian food. There is so much more but suffice it to say both my husband and I loved it there. Check out their website. Nancy and Ted T.

2 Thank nancy714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
New Mexico
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We needed a hotel near the Red Rock (very expensive conference hotel), and this one was great! Though the weekend rates were pretty high, they were much lower than the comparable ones nearby. By booking through entertainment.com, we got a good rate and a very good free breakfast buffet every day (except Sunday brunch). The liquor store prices were cheap, the king size room was beautiful and very spacious, and though the hotel was completely sold out one night, we didn't hear any noise at all in our room! The fitness room and hot tub were virtually unused and were very nice. The bagel shop had great desserts and even had a pizza special (ok, not the greatest pizza we have tasted, but 2 large pieces and a coke for $5 can't be beat). If you have a car, there are a couple really nice restaurants at the end of the block. And, they have a free shuttle to the airport and the strip if you want. Definitely a money saver! We did bring our own coffee/coffee pot... which we really loved.

• Liked — Quiet, clean, great value
  • Disliked — Distance from strip (20-30 minutes)
1 Thank TheWorldIsOurs
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2007

My experience at the Suncoast was average compared to other hotels that I have stayed at in Vegas. I had booked a non-smoking room due to my allergies only to be told upon check in that they had no non-smoking rooms available and the front desk staff was unwilling to accommodate me other than allowing me to switch room 2 days into my stay. Since I was traveling for business and was sharing a rental car with others in my group relocating was not an option. To my surprise the smoking room was decently cleaned and didn't smell as much like smoke as I thought it would. Could have been because the casino was smoky as casinos typically are. There are several things to do at the Suncoast besides gamble. Such as bowling, movies and an arcade. The Mexican restaurant was pretty good too.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Clrich56
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2007

The Suncoast is an all-in-one stay: Hotel, casino, restaurants, bowling alley, convenience store, and movie theater. The rooms themselves were nice, with reasonably comfortable beds, lots of space, nice bathrooms, and good cleanliness. I wasn't impressed with the restaurants except for the steakhouse, which was priced reasonably and produced an excellent meal. The casino itself is not extensive, and I didn't spend any time in there. If you have kids, be aware that the floor-waitress outfits are rather racy!
My biggest complaint was the HIGH cost of in-room internet access. It was the most expensive I've come across yet ($17 a day!)
Overall, everything about this hotel was average or above average. I wasn't overly impressed... but it definitely had about the lowest cost in the area, so it was worth it for the money.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank justMJ
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 2, 2007

The Suncoast gives you excellent value for a bargain price !Often you can get a wonderful room for $50 : spacious, clean, with a comfortable king size bed & a large sized flatscreen TV on the wall. Casino is fun, with fairly loose video poker machines. I have found the hotel staff to be usually uniformy pleasant, helpful & courteous. The only drawback I have about the place is while the buffet & Italian restaurants are pretty good, the 24 hour coffee shop is decidedly mediocre-----only a couple of menu items are worth ordering. Otherwise, a great value for the buck !

• Liked — Room & price
  • Disliked — Coffee shop
  • Stayed July 2007
2 Thank LosAngelesStu
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We have family that lives near this hotel and have eaten at the cafe several times. We have always been pleased with the food and service in the cafe. On this trip we found ourselves in need a hotel room for 1 night. We choose the Suncoast because of the low price and close proximity to our family. When we arrived in the rooms I was so surprised at how lovely they were. They have possibly been remodeled recently. We had 2 rooms, one on the 3rd floor and one on the fourth floor. In comparision to most hotels the rooms were quite spacious. The rooms had large flat screen T.V's and granite countertops in the bathrooms. The bathroom was two rooms with the shower and toliet separate from the vanity and sink. The room included a iron and ironing board. On the downside no coffee maker in the room. Of the two rooms, the room facing the pool had very nice views and the room on the opposite side had a boring view.
The website I booked the room through gave us free breakfast in the buffet. I'm glad it was free because it was not very good! I would not eat there again.

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — Stay away from the buffet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kimlh
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I had a decent stay here. I love the location -- nowhere near the Strip or Downtown (but you could get to either in 20 mins by car), close to Red Rock Canyon. What a treat to look out the window and see golf courses and mountains instead of more hotel towers and neon lights.

The room was huge, clean, nicely furnished, but (oddly) had very little light available at night. Floor to ceiling windows make it very bright and cheery by day, but there are just a few dim lamps in the room. Strange.

Large plasma TV with an OK selection of stations. Internet connection was advertised but mine didn't work. The "technician" they sent up to help was useless - barely knew what a computer was.

Other amenities? Fitness room was adequate, nothing more. No steam room, spa, etc., which I missed. Swimming pool was OK, but nothing to write home about.

Food ranged from so-so to pretty good. The buffet was a notch or two below average for Vegas. The coffee shop was blah. They have some good graveyard specials (on paper at least) but I didn't try them. The food in the Italian restaurant was just OK. On the other hand, Primo's (the steakhouse) was fabulous -- excellent food, superb room, good prices. One of the best meals I've had in Vegas ever.

They seem to have all the bases covered when it comes to gambling, but service is rocky. One night I sat down at a blackjack table, put $100 down and asked for change, but the dealer just kept on dealing and never cut me into the game. So I walked away. Complained to the pit boss but she didn't seem too concerned. Guess stuff like that happens a lot. Service in other parts of the casino was similarly spotty. Do they want our money or not?

Poker room was good, but I like the one at the Orleans better -- more atmosphere (maybe because it's older).

This place definitely draws the geriatric crowd. I arrived on Monday and not until Thursday night did I see any appreciable number of people under 50, and even then it was mostly seniors.

This place provides a good base of operations if you want to be away from the Strip and choose your forays there for yourself. It's also very close to the new Red Rock Casino, which is spectacular but four times the price. Stay at the Suncoast, hang at the Red Rock, and you'll have a great time.

• Stayed July 2007