SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #23 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Quiet”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good hotel for those attending conventions (convention center is a block away) and for those looking to sleep away from the chaos that is the strip. The hotel is fairly new and in good condition. Staff are friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast had a decent selection, but hours seemed short -- the breakfast area closed at 9 on weekday mornings and 9:30 on weekend mornings. A "late breakfast" for an additional charge was available in the hotel restaurant. Restaurant has limited lunch/dinner selections (entire menu half price from 4-6 pm); dining options immediately around the hotel are otherwise pretty sparse. Transportation to the strip? It's an $11-$15 cab ride (+ tip) each way, and there can be a 15-20 minute wait for a cab. There is a monorail station at the LVH (hotel) across the street (fare is $5 each way), but it's probably a good 15 minute walk from the hotel entrance if you follow the sidewalk; cutting across the LVH lawn and through its bushes shaves off some time but probably is not appreciated by the LVH staff (though this did not stop me from doing it!).

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RedsFanSC
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write; I’m delighted to hear you had a restful stay. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. I’m glad you found our staff friendly and helpful and we hope to see you again on a return trip.

David Nilemo, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We chose this hotel for its location and we weren't disappointed. It's only a block from the convention center and there's an overpass over the street crossing. The free breakfast was delicious. The bed was comfortable and there were TWO bathrooms in the suite. It's not a place for cooking, but there's a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeepot. The rooftop swimming pool is small and lacks shade for much of the day but it's cool. Unlike the experience of other convention goers in other hotels we weren't charged extra for anything. The only drawback is that it is hard to get a taxi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathy I
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Kathy l,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and convenient location. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I recently stayed here for 5 nights while attending a convention. I was so glad I booked this hotel and not something on the strip. If you have business in the convention center this is convenient and easy. No gaming here and smoke free too. I was checked in and out quickly (as opposed to my colleagues who stayed elsewhere and complained of long lines) I stayed on the 21st floor, had a nice view. Everything was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable..room included a sofa bed and work area with free wifi too. Liked having a separate toilet/sink from the shower area. Microwave and fridge in room. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful. Room was quiet too. I didn't hear anyone else next to my room or in the hall. The only drawback is that there are not many dining options within walking distance. There is an onsite cafe, which was fine but limited if you are there for multiple days. Overall, a very positive (non-Vegasy) stay...which is what I wanted.

1 Thank 37Tallytraveller11
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments regarding our efficient check-in, immaculate room with comfortable bed and ample breakfast with our team; they work hard to ensure guests feel at home. I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Bloomington, IL
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Really enjoyed the stay.

Hotel is about a three minute walk from the Las Vegas Convention Center; albeit in sweltering heat.

Hotel is also across street from LVH hotel and casino. That was handy, because it's a monorail stop and it's connected to the LVCC.

I'm claustrophobic, so I don't use elevators and the staff was very accommodating. More than once, they opened stairwell doors so I could hike up the steps. The first seven levels are the parking structure, so that was a bit of a bummer, but it won't affect sane people that take the elevators.

The room was nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is split into two spaces--a sink and shower in one room and the toilet and a tiny sink in the other. It allowed my wife and I to get ready simultaneously. There was a partition between the bed and a small desk. On the other side of the room (near the desk) was a sofa. I was surprised how little noise we heard, given the fact that you're in Las Vegas and our room looked right out onto the huge Riveria casino sign.

Wireless internet was free and worked nearly all the time. It would drop occasionally but would pick right back up.

I used the workroom room on the top floor (24th) a couple of times; it had cardiovascular equipment, barbells and a handful of weight machines. It looks out over the small pool. I also used the laundry room on the top floor; it has a number of washing machines and dryers that came in handy.

I ate in the small restaurant/bar in the lobby and it was fine. The free breakfast buffet had a good assortment of food.

There's also a small area with snack foods, toiletries, etc. It's extremely overpriced but convenient.

The lobby also had a number of computers with printers.

If you're looking to save a little money, there is a bus (the 108 route) that leaves the airport and goes right past the hotel. $2.00 fair for a 20 minute trip is a deal in this overpriced city.

After being bombarded with noise and gambling at hotel/casinos on and near the strip, it was nice to come back to a hotel which blessfully offered neither.

Green Features: Disappointed by hotel practices: no containers for recyclable materials in either rooms or lobby. Offered option to reuse towels that are left hanging , but I am pretty sure that was ignored and we're given fresh towels every day. And there was not an option to decline new sheets on the bed.
1 Thank UofIx3
Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our well-appointed suites, fitness center, ample breakfast and quiet location. I’m glad you found our staff accommodating. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Clean, quite, enough space for three of us (We used a room of a king size bed and a sofa bed.) Free parking in a building garage so that you can avoid the heat and sun. Nice and friendly staff.
My sole complaint is that the cable TV has a very small number of channels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thanks for your review and recommendation. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we deliver. Your feedback provides us with areas of opportunity for improvement in addition to motivation for our team. Please come see us again!

Midwest
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm tempering my review with the fact that there was "reservation stress"-- just two days before my reservation, I received an email saying that the hotel was overbooked and that they could move me to another (less well-located but similarly-priced) hotel. As I was in town for a convention (at the convention center across the street), the other hotel, located by the airport, was an unacceptable switch. After much stressful back and forth via phone and email, the management said that they "should" be able to honor my reservation and upon arriving, much to my relief, they had a room for me.

But on to the hotel review as the hotel was exactly what I needed. I was in town attending a convention and this hotel was exactly what I needed: clean, quiet, smoke-free, casino-free, and just steps from the convention center. Also, for the frugally-minded, it's a short public bus ride to/from the airport.

Yes, the hotel is no-frills but I was in town for business and not a vacation. The room looked recently renovated and had everything I needed: free internet, a fridge and microwave, a small couch, plenty of towels. Curiously, the shower is in a separate room from the toilet (might be helpful with two people sharing the room).

If you're not familiar with Vegas (I'm not) most of the hotels in/around The Strip have casinos inside them. Also, many of the hotels are so large that it can take a few minutes getting in/getting out. Not so with this hotel, which was a plus! There's free parking under the hotel and it's easy getting in/getting out.

The breakfast wasn't fancy but offered more than just continental fare (there were a few hot items on the buffet); there were a few more options (make-you-own waffles, for exxample) that were available on the weekend but not weekdays. I found the staff helpful and the cleaning ladies very courteous.

All in all, this is perfect place to stay if you're in town for business or just looking for a clean, comfortable home base while you explore other parts of the city or other tourist sites (Hoover Dam, Red Rock, Lake Mead, etc). It's not a resort and that's what I found best about it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
While I’m sorry to hear of your initial stress prior to arrival, I’m happy to know you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your experience; this feedback provides us with areas of opportunity for improvement in addition to talking points with our staff. I’m glad you found our clean and quiet hotel restful and I hope you come and visit us again.

Regards,
California
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Needed a hotel for a layover. Perfect! Spacious suites, refeigerator, microwave, very clean. Great buffet breakfast! Staff excellent. Price can't beat! And one avoids the smokey, loud, casino atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and well equipped suites as well as our excellent staff. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Las Vegas area!