“Nice, modern business hotel - across from the convention center”

SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice, modern business hotel - across from the convention center”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here in the Vegas summer for a convention (taking place across the street from the hotel). Room was very comfortable (as was the bed), clean, and QUIET with no smoky casino smell. Housekeeping visited daily and did a good job. I was on the 9th floor (lowest of the room floors) - no view whatsoever due to a wall. If you want a view, ask for a room higher than 9th. The room was a bit warm but when the maintenance guy moved a stand away from the AC unit, it cooled the room much better.

The free breakfast was very good: eggs, meat, fruit, make your own waffles, yogurt, and cereal/pastries. Evening complimentary happy hour was a bit meager.

Great fitness center with new (and plenty of) equipment. I enjoyed the rooftop pool in the morning before it got too hot (there is no shade up there by the afternoon).

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I took the free shuttle to the Strip (leaves every 1/2 hour).

Hotel is literally a five minute walk to the Convention Center but there is nothing else really that's close by except the LVH (which is also across the street). $10 - $15 cab to other places on the Strip and restaurants. Next time, I would probably stay on the Strip just to be closer to the sights and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the 9th floor if you want a view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DCguy20002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel seemed new, but was a bit weary. Our room had a funny smell that management tried to deoderize, but it came back. There were also stains on the carpeting in our room. The King bed was not very comfortable, given the great mattresses at newer properties. The hotel shuttle was convenient, but did not always run on the stated schedule. We found ourselves showing up in the lobby and the driver had left at a time other than the one scheduled, this happened three times over our 3-day stay. Fortunately the bus stop for the Las Vegas SDX bus to the Strip and Downtown, was about a long block away, and ran until ~1:00 a.m. The local bus to the airport stopped right in front of the hotel, which was convenient and a cost-savings, since we had purchased bus passes. Breakfast at the hotel was a good full breakfast, but as the hotel was full, there were often long lines and it was hard to find a table to sit at. It was a holiday weekend, but I can't even imagine the crowds if there was a convention in town. The convention center is directly across the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RoInCo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is a short walk to the riviera conference center and the las vegas convention center. We were a family travelling for a meeting. I am sensitive to smoke, and was getting a bad headache staying in the Riviera.

Overall it was a great experience. We checked out of the Riviera halfway through our stay and checked in here. Cost was only a bit higher than Riviera, and the hotel is much better for people who want to avoid smoky casinos.

Pros: The room was very nice, we had a room with two queens with a good view south of the strip on the 11th floor. We looked at a king room on the 21st, which had an awesome view, but the foldout sofabed was not good for my 6' tall son - though it would probably be adequate for a young child. The floors are all above the parking garage, so the lowest floor with rooms is the 9th floor which is nice.
They have a decent free breakfast buffet included daily, and wine/beer in the lobby from 5-7 Sun - Thurs. The front desk staff was helpful.
Rooms are large, with fridge, microwave, sofabed, desk. There is a good workout room on the top floor.. The rooftop has a nice view of the strip at night.
Overall the room seemed pretty clean.
Cons:
The bed was a bit soft and springy for someone who likes a firm bed.
The walls/ ceiling were a bit thin. I could hear people next door in the AM.

Overall I would reccomend this hotel for price/quality if you have a reason to be at the north end of the strip.

Room Tip: south facing high floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank joeseytucson
Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you're looking to be close to everything (strip, shows, dining, etc) and avoid the noise and craziness of LV this is it. Stayed here for business and i was still able to enjoy Vegas. Home run for Marriot!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank JASTUD
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Springhill in May 2012. (The price was about $105 a night, very reasonable for all we got.) We live in England, though I am American. He didn't want to stay near the casinos, noise, smoking, aren't why we came. This hotel has friendly staff, good free cooked self serve breakfasts, happy hour with free wine or beer and nibbles in the afternoon and a rooftop pool, though I saw no one using it when I went to have a look one afternoon. The restaurant menu is fairly limited but enough choice if you wish to eat there and the prices are reasonable too. Free wi-fi is a big plus, and it's free in your room so I don't have to go down to the lobby to pick up the internet on my iPhone! You can walk to the Monorail or take the bus at the Convention center stop to get downtown or to the strip. The free hotel shuttle to the Fashion show mall is enough to get you oriented and from the mall there are buses running up and down the strip. We'd stay there again definitely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cheerieone
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2012

First the good stuff - free wifi & breakfast in the morning from 6.30am-9am. Shuttle bus service to Fashion Show mall was convenient & great to have in the 100 deg heat. The driver (I didn't get his name) was always cheerful and fun to chat with. Front desk staff are great too except for one not so cheerful man. The only bad is that the housekeeping isn't doing a good job of cleaning. During my 4 night stay I just had them come in twice - mainly because it really didn't seem like they cared much but also there was no in room safe and I was too lazy to go to the front desk to drop off my "personal items". Location of the hotel was off the strip - both good & bad. Overall I enjoyed my stay but perhaps I'd stay at a hotel on the strip on my next visit to Vegas. One last comment - if the hotel open in 2010 it's definitely aging fast - perhaps due to maintenance issues?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wayne H
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Overall the hotel is in the great location, its newer and clean. The rooms are very isolated so its perfect for a good night sleep. The garage is convinient and safe. The only problem I encountered was when I was trying to check out. There were about 4 people in line but only 1 person processing the check outs. Britnie, who I assume is a manager was coaching the other employee. I find it very unprofessional when something like this is done in front of customers especially as we are standing there waiting to be checked out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business