“Great Place to Stay in Vegas”

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #32 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This hotel is simply great, especially for the price. You should understand it is not the strip experience. It is a few blocks south and west of the strip. It is a non-gaming hotel. It has no room service (but an outside vendor can bring meals.) That said it was a tremendous place to stay. We got a full suite for $108 per night. Full kitchen with a stove as well as a microwave, dishes, etc. Full size refrigerator without the extortionist prices if you use it or move anything in it. Large living room. Two flat screen tvs, Large comfortable bed. Huge bathroom. Shower high enough that I didn't have to duck my 6'3" frame under it. Clean and modern. Breakfast is included, with eggs, fruit, cereal, etc. Nice pool, with salt and not chlorinated. Free wi-fi.

It's near the take-off pattern of the airport, but is quiet inside. The people are all very friendly, and we asked for and got a late check-out with no hassle or extra price. Large and well equipped exercise room, with no extra charge to use it. There is a shuttle to the strip that runs about every hour to the MGM Grand. You can walk to Mandalay Bay for their buffet.

Absolutely a great weekend in Vegas, thanks to Staybridge. I definitely would stay there again.

The only criticism my wife had -- no full length mirror. Now that's pretty minor, not worth a half a star.

2  Thank paulie47

Reviewed September 22, 2009

After planning a trip to Vegas, my husband and I decided on Staybridge due to the ranking and reviews on this site. We were not disapponted. We were able to check in earlier than the 3PM check in and the room was everything we had expected. We stayed in the King Suite with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. We actually didn't use the kitchen as often as we thought we would, but used the washer and dryer every single day. The room itself was spotless and modern, with comfy couch and bed. The breakfast was great (since it was free!) but we didn't try the light dinner they served during the week.
There was a little bit of street noise (room faced the strip) and we could hear airplanes occasionally, but overall the place was very quiet. The pool is oustanding, it's a large saltwater pool with a kiddie pool, and hot and cold jacuzzis. The location just off the strip and the fact that the entire hotel is non-smoking were high pluses. Staff was extremely helpful and very nice. I had to call one day because my room wasn't cleaned but they took care of it right away. If we ever decide to return to Vegas, we will return to Staybridge.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

My brother and I flew out to Vegas to see a concert and do a little bit of gaming. As soon as I walked in the suite I was blown away by the size and "newness" of the suite. Stainless steel appliances separate sleep area with a King Bed, huge bath tub and a stand up shower. The couch was also a queen size bed and from what my brother said it was very comfortable. Two large flat screen TV's and stainless steel appliances. All I can say is that I would stay here again the next time I come out to Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2009

You can drive to the Strip and enjoy the free parking. The staff was very nice, and very interested in helping. I was in Las Vegas for business for 3 days and wanted a larger room with a kitchen. The room was a good size with a couch area. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, along with a working freezer compartment. The bed was very comfortable. The AC was very forceful… either on and blowing hard of off and quite. The only downside was that the walls were a bit thin and the TV next door kept me up one night.
The free breakfast was good each morning. The big HD flat screen (42”?) was nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband, two teenage sons and I just returned from a vacation to Las Vegas and California. Based on the very positive reviews of this hotel, we booked the last 2 nights of our vacation. We were not disappointed. We had a one bedroom suite with a queen pullout couch where our sons slept. The suite featured a well laid out kitchen with ample dishes and gadgets with which to cook. There was a full size table for 4. The furniture was tasteful and our bed was quite comfortable. Our room was very clean and quiet even though it was sold out on the second night.. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful as well. Each morning there was a generous, albeit undistinguished, breakfast served in a lovely dining room off the lobby.
The Staybridge Las Vegas is not for people who want the quintessential Las Vegas experience with lots of action, bells and whistles. In fact, it has no slot machines or casino. It is perfect for people who are somewhat ambivalent about the craziness and outsize nature of Las Vegas (which describes our family). We are so glad that we found out about it and are looking into staying at other Staybridge properties.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cerl
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites this past Labor Day weekend. We usually stay on the strip on our Vegas trips but after realizing how expensive that would be on a holiday weekend, I looked into alternatives and noticed all the great reviews of this place here on Tripadvisor. I was a little apprehensive on how a hotel like this could be ranked #1 of ALL the hotels in Vegas, but after staying there I can definitely understand the rave reviews it gets. The hotel is located right on the other side of the I-15 highway from Mandalay Bay and THEhotel, and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Vegas and has a car. It is not walking distance to the strip at all and while there is a shuttle that runs to the MGM, it only runs every hour and stops at 11pm, so we just drove to each place we wanted to go and took advantage of the free valet parking everywhere.

When we checked in on Saturday, the front desk were telling a number of people ahead of us that they had overbooked rooms and would have to move them across the parking lot to the Fairfield Inn and Suites, but that they would get a refund back for their night stay. While it would've been nice to not pay for a night's stay, I didn't want to stay somewhere else, and luckily since I was a Priority Club member, a room was still available to us. We were assigned room 514 with a view of the pool. The room looked completely new, with a full kitchen, living room, large bathroom, separate bedroom with king bed, and even a washer/dryer in one machine.

As others have mentioned, free breakfast is included in your stay and is served 7:30-10:30am on weekends, and 6:30-9:30am on weekdays. They had plenty of food, cereals, oatmeal, bagels/breads, yogurts, fruit, premade cheese omelets, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, and a waffle maker that was quite popular. I also hung out at the pool one morning and there were only a handful of people around. They had comfy lounge chairs, as well as 3 cabanas for anyone to use. If you are looking for somewhere to stay with poolside service and $20 slushies, then this isn't the place for you, but if you want peace and quiet in the sun or shade, whatever your preference, this is the perfect spot.

All in all, if I could get a good deal on the strip, I would probably prefer to stay there for the convenience. However, if the Staybridge is cheaper than what the strip has to offer, then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. You will not be able to find the conveniences of having your own kitchen, laundry facilities, free internet, and free breakfast anywhere else for this price.

3  Thank dreaminofcabo
Reviewed September 6, 2009

The hotel is only about a mile from the Las Vegas strip. I was very pleased with the experience. We had a King Suite with a sleeper sofa - perfect for a couple with a teenager. The Kitchenette made it very convenient to have snacks and drinks on hand. The room was a good size. I would recommend for a family hotel near the strip. It is convenient to most things but not on the main drag of the strip. The room was clean,. the staff was courteous. Overall very positive - particularly for the price. I would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family