“Can't wait until our next visit”

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #27 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I'm currently sitting out on our shaded balcony enjoying the pool side view from the 5th floor while drinking my coffee.....life is good.

It's all been said, this place is definitely the best value for your $ while staying in Vegas.

Our trip started on a sour note...our initial flight was canceled so we arrived a day late. I was worried that we may lose our first night fee as it was purchased in advance. Sandra at the front desk took care of that...thank you so much.

I could go on about the rooms etc., but it's all been said and all is true.

A few notable experiences though.....

-The shuttle was unable to pick us up one night at the MGM.....took a cab instead & Staybridge reimbursed the fare.
-Showed up late for breakfast one morning, coffee was gone...oh well. A few minutes later a gentlemen showed up and brought us over 2 cups of coffee & apologized.
-We had a late departing flight....normal check out is 11:00 am...late check out available until 3:00. It's the July 4th weekend, they are booked solid for tonight...front desk was able to let us stay until 1:00 pm.

Our stay was so enjoyable & relaxing...we are booking again for next February...can't wait.

One note...if you need a cab?...no one seemed to know where Staybridge was. Ask for a business card with the address from the front desk & just give that to the cab driver. Once they seen that...they all said..."Oh ya, that place....I was wondering what they were going to do with that property...so it's a hotel now?"

BOOK THE STAYBRIDGE....YOU'LL LOVE IT.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emlphoto
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Las Vegas

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We came to town the night before we had originally planned (we travel space available), so we chose a room here (at $90) for one night rather than an extra night (at $569) at Mandalay Bay, which is down the street and where we were spending the rest of our long weekend. Our experience here at Staybridge was very positive.

Check in was quick, and the desk clerk and security guard were very friendly and helpful. We opened the door to the room and were impressed with the space and amenities. Everything was clean and new. We decided to take the night off, relax in the suite, have a cocktail on the small veranda and move on in the morning.

The bed was very comfortable so we slept in on Saturday and nearly missed breakfast. The one problem was that there were no eggs by that time (9:20 am). Everything else was adequate, but not spectacular; we brought our meal back and ate in the room since the breakfast area was quite full and everything we needed was in our own kitchen.

Before leaving, we decided to check out the pool. There were only a few people there, so rather than fight the crowd at MB, we checked out of the room but asked to stay and use the pool, which was fine with them. We spent the day relaxing in the sun (and shade) on the padded lounges and retiring to the (free) cabana for a quick nap.
There were no added amenities with the cabana (TV, shower, personalized service) like other pools, but it was just right for our day. We stayed until mid-afternoon and proceeded to the rest of our weekend at Mandalay Bay.

Our stay was only for the one night and since there were only two of us, our reservation was accurate and we had our own rental car for transportation, we didn't encounter any of the problems that a few other guests have experienced. We found it to be a very good value and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NeverUnpacked
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Upon further review there seems to be some kinks in the Staybridge armor. Check-in was a breeze and very friendly front desk staff. We were given 3 keys and quickly headed up to our pool facing suite. All amenities appeared to be in working order and clean. As bedtime approached (we were there on a semi-business trip) we discovered that the pull out sofa had no linens. Why I ask were we not informed of this at check in? Service?? So a phone call was made to the front desk around 10ish and he said it would be up right away with the linens. 30 minutes pass and no linens, junior is getting tired and would like to rest on his sofa sleeper. Now I go down to the front desk and demand the linens and refuse to leave until they appear. He had forgotten to call housekeeping and they were on their way, yadayadayada. So I wait at the front desk another 10 minutes or so for them to finally arrive. We put junior down and all is good or so it seems. Now it is past 11 and granted it was a Friday night, but the rock music (great tunes) wa sblaring by the pool and numeorus guests were enjoying a late night dip. My experience with hotels in Vegas is around dusk they close, not here. So at 11:15 another call to the front desk asking them to turn off the LOUD music and ask the guests to leave the pool area. 30 minutes pass and still we hear Smoke on the Water at a party level. Finally the misses has had enough and she marches doewn to the front desk. They were engaged in conversation (front desk and security guard) and had forgotten about my earlier phone call. Said something like; "I didn't realize that the music was still on." So to make a long story short; rooms are nice (ask for linens at check in), exercise room well equipped, breakfast is fine (no bacon!), location is convenient to south strip,but service is lacking if non existent. So often in Las Vegas the hotel staff really go out of their way to ensure that the guest is satisfied and this was definetly not the case at the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Senor6
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is a great find. We decided to go to Vegas on the spur of the moment and booked the Staybridge based on TripAdvisor #1 rating. Did I tell you I love TripAdvisor?

The room was ready when we arrived at 3 pm, and it was a great little suite with a 4th floor view of the Las Vegas Strip. The room was spotless and well designed with nice high ceilings, unobstructed balcony views, an efficient kitchenette with all table settings, cookware, etc., and a spacious bathroom.

The hotel is about a quarter mile from Las Vegas Blvd (the "Strip") just East of I-15 at the Russell Ave interchange. While the walk is feasible, it is a little long on a hot day. I'd recommend you take the hourly hotel shuttle that goes to a major hotel on the Strip. Or if you have a car, drive to one of the free parking garages of any mega-hotel/casino and make it your base for little walking jaunts on the strip, then drive back to the hotel.

The Staybridge is very accessible, and is certainly much quieter than any of the Strip Hotels. The staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast room, were all gracious, helpful and made us feel like special guests. Plus, it's a NO Smoking hotel. AND they have a great complimentary breakfast each morning in a well furnished lounge area, with real scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and make-your-own waffles.

This hotel is an excellent value. We were treated very well with service you'd be lucky to get at a hotel at 3 times the price.

We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed June 29, 2009

After reading all the reviews on TA, I changed a two-night Las Vegas stay from the No. 2 hotel to the No. 1 TA rated Staybridge Suites. Now, I'm a tad sorry I did that. All other reviews on TA are pretty accurate--the hotel itself is great, the staff is for the most part, friendly and professional. It SHOULD have been a great stay. So want went wrong? Here comes the list:
1. Upon entering the room, noticed a very nice dark brown sectional sofa with one cusion from another sofa (it was bright green and white). Could have been overlooked, but a bit tacky!
2. Three people in the room with a sleeper sofa and a separate bedroom. No linens for the sleeper sofa. Had to call the desk. My opinion only, but they should have known that with three people we needed the extra linen.
3. Only one roll of toilet paper in room--that three people thing again.
4. On the second day, the air conditioner was not cooling efficiently. Maintenance tried to fix it, but said the room would have to be shut down. We opted to say in the room rather than move, however, another item was added to this list.
5. Maid cleaned room, said she would bring fresh towels later. When she brought them back, they were damp. Used or poor drying?
6. First morning there were no eggs at the breakfast bar. Several people had to wait to get scrambled eggs.
7. They advertise "Sundowners" with beer and wine, and a "limited bar" on their website, however, they have no liquor license as yet and have neither.
8. There is apparently a governor on the shower handle. You couldn't take a HOT shower if you wanted to. It was, at best, a bit above lukewarm.
9. And now, the straw that broke the camel's back: We were told on check-in of the shuttle service to MGM Grand and told it ran on the hour, or if needed, call, and it would pick us up right away. The last night in Vegas, we hurried to catch the shuttle on the hour. We arrived 10 minutes early, no shuttle. Another couple was also waiting. Called the hotel and was told "He should be on his way, if not we'll send him." Thanked them and sat down to wait. It's about a 10 minute trip. Sat down to wait. No shuttle. Called the desk again. "He's on the way. Should be there soon." Half hour later, the shuttle showed up. Driver said he was sorry, but had to go to the airport. So, for an hour, because no one told us where the shuttle actually was, five of us stood around waiting. We could have had a drink, did a bit more touring, whatever. Instead, we waited by the pick-up point because he was supposedly going to be there "any minute." Not a good way to run a railroad (or a shuttle)!
In closing, all I can say is that if these folks get it together there, they have a wonderful place to stay in Vegas, but I cannot say that I truly enjoyed my stay there this time!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank bushlamo
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We had confirmed email reservation(1 bedroom suite )..called around 6:30 PM in evening on arrival day to inform that we will be late for my checkin and that we wanted a crib in the room, that way the crib could be ready by the time we reach. I was told that coming in late is not an issue and that I could request the crib when I checkin.
we reached hotel at midnight on that day and was given a room on the 4th floor.I along with the entire family and all the luggage go up to the 4th floor and then to the room which by the way was the furthest one from the elevator.
Once we opened the room we realised that it was not the room that we had booked/confirmed...we had reseved 1bedroom suite and what she gave was studio.
When going back down and speaking to the front desk I am told that there were no more rooms available.(only thing she was saying was I am alone i don't know what to do)
I am suprised that inspite of having a confirmation and calling in the evening to check that all is ok I was not given a room ?
On top of that when I checked in I was not told that the room was not available. I had to walk all the way to the room along with all the luggage to find out that I am not getting what I was asked for.
I am very annoyed becuase of this incident.
I had to go out and search for a room at midnight and ended up spoiling our vacation. When we finally checked into our room at another hotel it was 4 AM in the morning.
This delay trickled into our plans for the next day and thus messed up our whole vacation.
Just to let you know we were with elderly parents and a toddler.
I had to drag them in the middle of the night to go search for another family oriented hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
18  Thank redsky01
Reviewed June 20, 2009

For £60 you get a huge place with all nice and new finishes.
Also the pool is ace and nice and quiet.
Only thing i would highlight is the shuttle bus needed to take you to strip on the hour and takes 10 mins- this ends at 23:00 - taxi fare from strip only $13 roughly.

This hotel is away from the stip with no games/casinoes nearby - great for quiet get away after the full rush of Vegas- I would go back there again as i liked the peace before the buzz!

Oh this hotel is right next to the motorway- although you don't hear a thing with the new doors/windows- nice to be away from the strip and i at 29 love loud partying although loved the peace.

• Stayed: June 2009