We chose this hotel as having stayed in a casino hotel on the Strip on a previous trip to Las Vegas, knew that type of accommodation was not for us. Staybridge therefore sounded just what we wanted after a 3 week road trip – off the strip and ‘apartment’ type rooms with a kitchen/kitchenette & and use of a good swimming pool.
Warm reception by Blanca and allowed a little earlier than normal check in time to our room – 329. This was one of their smaller rooms, called a ‘guest room’ but still a fair size. The kitchen had dishwasher, small fridge, large microwave, stove top (but no conventional oven), sink, plenty of good cutlery, crockery, glassware & coffee-maker. We had also been left coffee, tea etc, washing up liquid, dishcloth, tea-towel and dishwasher detergent.
The bathroom was large and contained a hairdryer, some toiletries, but no moisturizer on the first day. The room had 1 extra large bed (bigger than a UK king size), and although the sheets were clean, they were un-ironed - unusual for a hotel. There was also a desk, one desk chair, sofa-bed, coffee table and balcony with table & 2 chairs. Although we had a ‘view of the Strip’ we also had Russell Road a few yards from our room and sitting on the balcony was a very noisy experience. However, with the patio doors closed, the thundering traffic noise was much reduced.
On the negative side, the drapes were hanging down at both ends from the curtain track, and the carpet around the coffee table was badly stained. We were told that the hotel policy for house-cleaning for stays under 7 nights (we were there for 6 nights) would be ‘light touch housekeeping’ daily – meaning change of towels, toiletries etc and trash removal. We assumed we would receive replacement coffee, dishwasher tablets and toiletries as a matter of course. This proved to be rather hit & miss – we were left one thing, but not another and vice versa the following day, and only after having a word with the very helpful Traci on the front desk, did things improve. Although we were reasonably happy with the ‘light touch’ way of doing things, we did think that changing the sheets after 3 nights would have been preferable. Our room was also under a gym and we did hear someone using weights (or something!) a couple of times early in the morning.
Shuttle – they run a free shuttle to the strip – drop off is New York, New York. It runs every hour, BUT you have to book it in advance via the front desk – the shuttle does not run as a matter of course. (You can walk to the strip – about 15-20 mins brisk walk gets you to Mandalay Bay and about 25 mins walk to the Tropicana –we did this on a few occasions).
Breakfast (in the price) – excellent, with a good array of hot and cold dishes and extremely pleasant staff in the breakfast room.
Social – they serve a light meal (part of the price) Tues-Thur from 5.30pm. Although the food on offer wasn’t to our taste (we are pescatarians and don’t eat meat), the food looked pretty good and of a good standard. A great added bonus we think.
Pool – super swimming pool, one that you could actually swim up and down in, and rarely visited by other guests and we were often in glorious isolation. There were plenty of tables, chairs and sun-beds. The ONLY downside to the pool area is that you are virtually under the flight path as aircraft takes off from McCarran every 30 seconds or so, and the racket does get a bit wearing after a time.
Conclusion – overall we liked this ‘hotel’ – it was off the strip, had a good pool and the room was OK with the kitchenette. The breakfast was good as was the light supper, as described. Although we only sneaked a look in at a suite, these would be much better, larger and overlooking the pool, rather than the noisy Russell Road. We were only going to award 3 stars, but as Traci sorted out the hit & miss house-keeping for us, we have upgraded to 4.
Would we stay there again? Yes, but in a better room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Las Vegas the way you always imagined. Staybridge Suites Las Vegas an all-suite boutique hotel with direct access to the activities that have made Las Vegas famous. We plan to spoil your tastes with cosmopolitan luxury and a soothing ambiance. You have the choice to experience three different suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, spacious work spaces, & complimentary high-speed internet access. Enjoy our complimentary hot buffet breakfast daily & unwind during with complimentary dinner at our Social Tues-Thurs evenings. We offer complimentary shuttle service,multi-functional 24-hr business center, state of the art fitness center, & outdoor poolside retreat and cabanas. All with NO RESORT FEES! Warm. Welcoming. Home-Like. The only way to describe it is by experiencing it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Staybridge Suites