“Many Reasons It Should Be Ranked High” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Las Vegas

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dalton, Massachusetts
“Many Reasons It Should Be Ranked High”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had to use Las Vegas Airport at the start and end of a recent trip and chose Staybridge Suites because of its ranking. The ranking is well deserved. Suites are spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable and everything needed. We wanted to experience the Las Vegas Strip without being right in the middle of it all. A hotel shuttle bus or a short cab ride provided quick, easy transportation to and from the strip several times. No problem (once we learned cabs cannot just stop anywhere, only at designated spots).
Breakfast each morning was delightful and a couple of the evenings there we were able to benefit from the light reception served.
The staff we encountered during our stay could not have been more helpful or pleasant.
Comparing the costs of Staybridge to the other highly ranked hotels in Las Vegas made our choice easy and we were not the least bit disappointed.

Room Tip: Our suite was on an upper floor, facing toward downtown, so we had quite a view of the lights of the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JJB105
StaybridgesNicoleM, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, JJB105. I am a tad concerned over your remark about the cabs. A cab can stop at any address, business or home. The only plac they cannot drop you off is on the side of Las Vegas Blvd. There they actually have to pull into parking lot or drive. I am so glad you had a great overall stay and we hope to see you again, soon. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week as a group with a bunch of teenage basketball players and some parents/coaches. The rooms were perfectly sized, most of the time I forgot that we were in a hotel.
Having a full kitchen in the unit definitely helped save some money, as we had a team dinner in one of the hotel rooms two of the nights we were here. Another cool thing that this hotel has is that they offer a free dinner special a few nights a week, which is good if you are trying to keep a budget. Breakfast was also offered at the hotel, and it was much better than the standard free breakfasts at most hotels.
The laundry machine in the room was one of the best parts of staying here. We went to a local Walgreens and got some laundry detergent for a really good price. Without this the teams uniforms would have gotten smelly. I also washed some of my clothes before we left so I wouldn't have to do it when I got home.
The only downfall of our stay was that the maids stopped servicing our room after the third day. We went to the front desk to ask about it, and there was no reason why the maids didn't come. The room itself was fine, but we had run out of toilet paper and towels. After talking to the front desk, the problem was fixed and the maids came.
The cab ride to the strip was just under $20, and they have a free shuttle service too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StaybridgesNicoleM, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review, Alyssa M. I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations and make your teams' stay great. I do apologize over the housekeeping challenges and I am glad that we were able to address this and correct it for you ASAP. We hope to see you for next years competition. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in July. The suite was a good size, with a king bed in one room, a good sized bathroom and a separate living room/kitchen with a sofa bed. The rooms and public areas were very clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was good, but a little crowded. Reasonable variety of food with hot eggs and sausage etc. the breakfast staff worked hard to keep the area tidy.
We would consider staying here again; the suite was a good size and was relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AJMTrips
Thank you for your review, AJMTrips. I am so glad you had a wonderful visit and we hope to see you again, soon. --Nicole Marshall@thmc.biz
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Arriving after a long day of driving we checked in to this lovely rather new hotel off the strip. To our shock and surprise the clerk informed me that they have a cleaning fee of $75 for dogs. Had I been provided notice on the hotel.com website of this I would have booked La Quinta Inn but for the extra few bucks this hotel looked great (and for the most part it was). The manager stated that this policy was on their website but it was not conveyed on the booking site. Surprise surprise. Since the charge was not refundable we begrudgingly stayed. If you don't have a canine buddy with you the rate is competitive and the rooms are comfortable, spacious and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank beemerguy
StaybridgesNicoleM, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, beemerguy. I apologize over any challenges with your booking on the third party website. I did hop on to check out the disclosures on this site. Where you found the information saying that pets are acceptable, when you scroll down a bit more there is a section called "Notification and Fees" that does state the pet fee. I apologize if this was missed and will get in contasct with thier site to see if they can list this fee closer to the top of the list. You can also consider calling the site you booked on to try and dispute the fee. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Everyone makes an error. It's how you make up for it that counts. The Staybridge Suites in Las Vegas cancelled our reservation 2 hours before we showed up because they said our credit card expired. This is the same card we used for another night at the same hotel for a prepaid res. It is also the Priority Club Bank Card and I am Diamond member. We found out from the bank that they repeatedly entered the wrong expiration date. They would not help with another reservation at another hotel until I requested it, and the "great rate" they said they negotiated was the same as the high rate online. BTW, when I got to the second hotel, they gave me $17 off just for asking. We finally did get back in at the Staybridge, and it is old and tired looking-fitness center is poor, and overall it is "2" on a scale of "5".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank GordonH50226
StaybridgesNicoleM, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I apologize, GordonH50226, that we failed to meet your expectations. We did have the incorrect credit card information in our system which led to the cancellation of your reservation. I hope you consider this an isolated incident and not our intended levels of service. As we were sold out, we were unable to reinstate your reservation. We could only offer the rate the other property would give out but I am happy to hear they did lower it more for you. I understand your frustration and would feel the same in your shoes. I would love to know more about the fitness center challenges so we can ensure we address these. Our center offers double the size and amenities of other IHG properties. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Helpful staff, fresh and clean large rooms that are well equipped with most kitchen appliances.
The pool is nice but you have the noise of the planes nearby (you can't hear these from the room though)
Good choice for breakfast and they even offered free dinner during the week. Food was good. Note though they don't have a bar but you can buy booze from the garage across the road and the hotel are happy for you to bring it in.
We were unsure before arriving in Vegas as to stay on or off the strip but with the shuttle bus, it's easy to get up to the strip and we welcomed being in a quieter spot for our accommodation.
All in all a pleasant stay in a quiet hotel off the strip.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Scott1sh
StaybridgesNicoleM, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, Scott1sh. I am glad we met your expectations and you enjoyed the breakfast and Tuesday-Thursday dinner we provide. (Wednesday is my favorite night because we use the outdoor grill!) I am also glad you found the convenience store right across the street. We hope to see you again on your next holiday.-- Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was expecting great things after reading the reviews. I've stayed at many Staybridge hotels throughout North America and have really enjoyed them. But this one, not so much. I booked the standard suite and it was very small and awkwardly set up. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable and the hotel, from check in on, smells strongly of bleach. The carpet in my room was stained...the kind where you don't want to take your shoes off. The remote was crusted with something...ugh..and I had to wash it before using it. Something in one of the appliances, fridge maybe, was noisy all night. The views from the balcony are dull..like a wasteland. The pantry store is a joke if you're looking to find something to heat up for dinner. Very sparse. I travel to Vegas to stay overnight before an international flight. Won't be booking this one again. And if you want the 'feel' of Vegas, you won't get it here which may be a good thing for some but it just felt dreary.

Room Tip: Maybe try a different sized suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank vcfoley
I apologize we failed to meet your expectations, vcfoley. Our "standard suite" is a Studio Suite, meaning it is all one room. As our property was built in 2008 as a condo residence, we are laid out a bit different from other Staybridge Suites so I apologize if you were expecting something different. But this great beginning does mean we provide a superior luxury not found at other properties as well. I also apologize your room was not properly cleaned when you checked in. Please next time let us know ASAP so we can move your room and ensure you are taken care of and so we can ensure the room is taken care of. Our Pantry provides little snacks and not full meals. The shuttle can take you to the Strip and there are over 60 restaurants within a 10 minute or less walk from where we drop you off. We also have menus for places that will deliver right to the hotel. On your next visit, please contact me so I can ensure you have a more then perfect stay. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz