“Good Hotel with a Few Glitches”

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good Hotel with a Few Glitches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We moved to this hotel on our wedding day 30th March, 2012 since the Signature MGM had no vacancies for the last 3 nights of our Vegas honeymoon. The Signature MGM would not allow us to pay extra to have a few more hours in the room, so in desperation we phoned Staybridge (we had booked to stay here online weeks ago) and asked if we could check in earlier than 3PM to prepare for our evening wedding. They said we could and to come on over. Good thing we went out and had our lunch first, and that I had epilated and showered well at the Signature hotel before checking out at 11AM, because when we arrived the room was not ready. They told me it would be ready soon, but instead we were left sitting in reception for over an hour till 3PM anyway and then to make matters worse it was 3.30PM till they let us check into room. They knew we were desperate and made no attempt to speed things along! They just stored our luggage and left us sitting there! Buy the time we got our luggage and up to room it was 3.45 and only just over an hour till hair and make up were coming. I was so stressed. I wish they had just told us that we would be checking in late instead of giving us false hope of an early check in, as I would have tried to make other arrangements. As for the hotel staff, they were friendly and did wish us well. While not as plush as Signature MGM - We thought the decor was very bland in our upgraded room. The rooms and bathroom were large, bed was big and very comfortable, had a lovely kitchen with washer/dryer, flat screen tv. Shower was over bath and not hand held as I prefer, but water pressure was excellent. Everything was clean and tidy. We also had a good view of the end of the stip. The hotel is quiet even though it is accross from a highway at the very end of the strip. The location is a pain if you want to get to the main areas of the strip as it would be difficult to get safely across that huge highway and you would have to walk for maybe an hour to get to the main strip area near the Belagio. The hotel does assist by offering a free van service every hour, but you have to be ready when they want to go. That is ok, but getting back is a problem. They will pick you up, but again you have to be at a certain location at a certain time and we were not sure how long we would be out the day we got dropped off, and knew the location was too complicated to find again where the van had stopped - down some back streets of MGM. If you stay here be prepared to pay to get a taxi back each evening or to walk for an hour or more. There are buses that go down the strip but at night they are often so full that it is almost impossible to get on one and I don't think they would get you all the way back. You would still have to walk and cross that dangerous highway. Hotel had a gym, pool, and jacuzzi that looked good, but I was too busy with the wedding to use them. My husbnd did and thought there might have been a bit much chlorine in the main pool. I managed to sit outside briefly on a sunbed. They had some nice cushioned ones, cabanas and standard ones all free to use and open late. I was the only person out one late afternoon and they had blearing music from small speakers hidden around the pool area that really irritated me while trying to read my book. I would have like to ask to turn them off but felt that I would upset staff who were having some sort of a BBQ just outside the fenced area of the pool. It was lovely to have buffet breakfast included. They had waffles, juice, toast, meat,and so on; however, I would recommmend some more vegetarian items, such as baked beans, scrambled eggs. Over all our stay was good.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade with washer/dryer
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jetset_girl_78
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear jetset_girl_78,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Las Vegas and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted you found our staff friendly and the rooms to be big and very comfortable. We want every guest to receive comfortable and friendly accommodations. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the check-in issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oswego, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for one day before staying at the Venetian. We made the reservation on the way to Las Vegas on the phone. We didn't know where to stay for one day before our main vacation in the Venetian.
Let me tell you the next time I stay in Las Vegas I may just stay here for the whole duration of our time. The hotel was awesome. We checked in late and I would say the ONLY thing about this stay that was a little weird was the the person at the front desk. He was kinda scary. No name tag etc. Just didn't smile much. Didn't seem like the "customer service" type of a guy.
Besides this, the stay was great !
The room was lovely. More room than we could have expected. Washer and dryer in room with a full kitchen and kitchenette. Unfortunately we did not have time to use the pool.
The FREE breakfast in the morning was an extra plus to our stay as well
The only thing - there was only one gentlemen doing everything - helping guests with their questions and food preparation i.e. waffle maker etc., cleaning tables, replenishing food items etc. He was very busy with a full roomful of guests. I felt bad for him that he didn't have any help.
We joined the priority club and definately plan to use this hotel again when we are in town !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kellilori
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here 13 days for business. Very nice rooms and friendly helpful staff. My poolside suite even had its own washer and dryer! Breakfast and evening meals a plus! Coming back in Sep '12 and this is a must stay for me.
Kitchens fully equipped. Flat screens in main and bedroom.
Bathrooms have separate tubs and free stand showers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mevman
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here in mid July when it was 114 degrees. The front desk staff were simply amazing, we were upgraded when we checked in early, our room was very very good and clean. We are just a block off the strip with a shuttle every hour to the MGM and we had the pool nearly all to ourselves. We also had very good (free) breakfasts and suppers every day of our stay. There isnt anything more we could have asked for. Definitely would stay there again and recommend.

4 Thank TrentP2011
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were spacious and well equipped and the hotel overall was modern and very clean. There is a lovely outdoor pool area that again was very clean. The hotel is just off the Strip but there is a courtesy bus that will take you there and pick you up at your request. The drivers were always on time and always available, they even took us to the airport for our flight home. The hotel provides a good free hot breakfast and there is a range of food. The staff were very helpful and dealt with any requests promptly. I would recommend this hotel to any families looking for good accommodation off the Strip.

3 Thank Liz20102010
Ahwatukee, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The room (which is an understatement) was really very luxurious, spacious and well-designed; the first impression exceeded our expectations. There was nothing cramped, depressing or cliche about it - - - so different than most hotel rooms!
BEDROOM: The bedroom had a privacy door, a closet with a door, a door to the bathroom, and a sliding glass door to a useable balcony. The decor was tasteful and didn't have that dizzying carpet most hotels use to hide filth. The bed was a little softer than we liked, but really cozy and comfortable. Everything was clean and in good condition with the most amazing lighting I've ever seen in a hotel - they weren't afraid for us to really SEE the room! Blackout curtains were great for sleeping in.
BATHROOM: The bathroom was larger than most private home bathrooms - lots of space for a large family to get ready. 2 sinks, 2 mirrors, a large oval toilet (I think the largest I've ever seen in a hotel), and a really large soaking tub as well. The fixtures were Kohler and everything was clean. The water pressure wasn't stellar (took a while for the huge tub to fill), but the shower head was top-notch so the pressure wasn't an issue for showering. The tile floor was extremely stylish and not hotel-like at all.
KITCHEN: The kitchen was very well appointed and small, but not at all cramped. It had *everything* you might need (within reason), and all the appliances, dishes, glasses, pans and utensils were pristine - nothing was in questionable condition.
LIVING/DINING AREA: Also spacious and well decorated. The sofabed was better quality than most. The only complaint was that there was no window covering on the glass door that lead to the balcony - which was both a privacy and a sunlight issue for someone sleeping on the sofabed. We stacked a couple sofa cushions end-to-end, but thought the lack of a curtain was odd. Otherwise, it was perfect, well lit, and the large window had blackout curtains as well.
SOUNDS: Despite its proximity to the freeway and the airport, I can honestly say that the traffic and airplane noise were not at all problematic; and I'm a light sleeper. However, we were disturbed by noise from rowdy patrons of a nearby hotel pool and rude "neighbors" who came in late and spoke very loudly. Late night loudness is probably hard to escape in Las Vegas, so I don't think it's indicative of a problem unique to this hotel.
SERVICE: I found the front desk personnel to be very friendly and helpful. They have terrific knowledge of the surrounding area, shortcuts to take, public transit, and the ins and outs of the strip. Every time I asked about directions or parking, they knew the answer.
INTERNET: Wifi was adequate to surf the web and check e-mail, but my husband had to work remotely, and it was impossible with the weak connection from our room. However, reception was much better on the first floor and there were several areas with comfy chairs from which one could work on a laptop. The A/C was up too high in the main lobby for comfort, but the chairs outside the meeting room and near the back door were in a more comfortable climate.
POOL AREA: The pool was large and sparkling. We are pool owners, and it was obvious to us that it was well-maintained and balanced (unlike many others we saw and smelled at the monolithic hotels on the strip). The pool patio furniture was excellent in both condition and quantity.
PARKING: Free, straightforward, and no matter which spot you get, it will be more convenient to the hotel than any you would at one of the giant hotels on the strip!

7 Thank Ciel_M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very nice hotel just off the strip. We liked it so much we went back a second time to finish our trip before our flight. It is like a upscale apartment even some units have a washer and dryer in the unit. Our room was huge which was a platinum upgrade. Full bathroom with bath separate shower and 3 sinks. Full bedroom separate from living/ dining area. They also have a full kitchen with a real stove, fridge and dishwasher.

They hotel is clean and very upscale everywhere you look. They offer a full breakfast for free much better than a holiday inn express. They even have a free dinner buffet tuesday thru thursday. A great pool and the best fitness center i have seen in a hotel.

All the employees were great especially the woman who works the evenings. On our second stay she remembered us and had our upgraded room ready when we arrived at 11pm at night.

I will not stay anywhere but staybridge suites in Las Vegas

3 Thank 123NewYork