“Fun "Back in Time" Trip to Cuba // Avoided the Cuban Crisis!”
Review of Escapology

Escapology
Book In Advance
More Info
$29.99*
and up
Escapology: Budapest Express Escape Room in Las...
Ranked #4 of 295 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's premier live escape room company is now in Las Vegas. Offering 10 different themed games, including classics such as Arizona Shootout and Antidote, as well as a few new ones just for Vegas, enjoy the best live escape room experience money can buy.
Reviewed February 17, 2017

This was my first time at an escape room. I saw something like this on the Big Bang Theory but did not realize we had this concept in Las Vegas. I was invited as part of a leadership / team building outing for work. My group was assigned to the Cuban Crisis room. We were under pressure, for sure, to make it out of the room in the 60 minute time limit. Even with that lingering stress, it was fun trying to piece together the clues to move through our scenario and avoid the Cuban crisis // AKA: make it out of the room. It was fun working together and thinking outside of our usual day to day problem solving scope. We did receive little helpful hints from the Escapology team member assigned to us (he was observing us from outside the room). The interior of the Cuban Crisis room was pretty cool and had features that made it feel like it was from the right time and place. Plus, the lobby is neat, too, with a vintage aviator, Sherlock Holmes, British lounge type of vibe (if that makes any sense, hehe). I would like to go back with my family to have this cool and unique experience with them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"mansion"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed February 15, 2017

This was my second time trying a room escape, and we will definitely be back. We did the Budapest Express, and it was HARD! There were only 3 of us, and we did not complete the room in time, even with all our clues and then some additional clues they threw at us. I think you really need more people in this room to be able to complete all the puzzles and figure out all the clues in the time allotted. I was told it was their hardest room, but it was still a lot of fun.
The production quality of the room, props, etc was top notch. Very realistic and well done. The puzzles were very difficult, and without the clues we would not have gotten half as far as we did.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and the waiting room was beautiful with puzzles to keep you busy.
I only have one negative: Our game started over 20 minutes late. Frustrating as no one was communicating with us on how long it would be. But the puzzles in the waiting area kept us entertained.
We will definitely be back to try an easier room, with more people.

stevendipilla, General Manager at Escapology, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

I am glad you had a great time playing at Escapology Las Vegas! Budapest Express is one of our most challenging rooms, as well as one of our most popular! Our team is dedicated to providing a 5-star guest experience and I do apologize for the wait time you encountered before your game. Please review the private message that I sent to you. I have spoken to the team about this and will ensure future experiences start on time, every time! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2017

This was my first time doing an escape room in Vegas, but my friends and I are experienced escape gamers. We chose to do Budapest and Shanghai'ed. I enjoyed both equally. The one thing I loved about Escapology is that the game hosts are watching and listening to how we're solving the puzzles. If we're on the right path, they'll give a gentle nudge of reassurance.

All places that I've been to previously would use a walkie talkie for communication. Escapology will communicate via the television screen in the room by typing out hints. This is great because it 1) avoids any misunderstandings (sometimes walkie talkies are hard to hear) and 2) will not give away any clues to anyone who might be waiting in the lobby.

Check out Escapology if you're looking for something different to do away from the strip!

1  Thank AngieC1055

Thank you for visiting Escapology Las Vegas! Budapest Express and Shanghaied are known to be our most challenging escape rooms!! It does sound like you had a great time and I am pleased that you enjoyed our method for delivering hints! We also think this is the best way to provide an immersive experience for our guests! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2017

Escapology has taken escape rooms to the next level. We had an amazing hour of fun trying to find an antidote to a disease created by a mad scientist. Within 3 rooms, we did find the antidote and escaped with our lives with 11 minutes to spare which put us 30th in their leaderboard. (Not sure if the leaderboard is for this location only or nation wide.)

Our group did wish they had a few things extra things, such as an active leaderboard that could be view from the lobby. Your team photo is taken and emailed to you with your time and hints used. We did not ask for any hints, but were given verbal nudges via a television monitor, but noticed they considered it as 2 given hints which means we lost time on the clock.

Having stuff to do while waiting in the steampunk styled lobby would help enhance the experience. Complimentary water was handed out, but a bar would be a nice addition.

Also, having printed material about the experiences/rooms would be helpful. When asked for this, so we could see other experiences, we were told to look online. If a group wants to purchase another experience while there, the printed material would be useful.

All in all, we are looking forward to our next visit to Escapology!