“Criss angel is hot, show okay, bunnies cute”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Criss Angel Believe - CLOSED

Criss Angel Believe
More attraction details
Owner description: Criss Angel, the most famous magician on the planet - in partnership with Cirque du Soleil - presents CRISS ANGEL Believe, an illusion spectacular at the Luxor Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas. Criss has amazed hundreds of millions on television, online, and is the most watched magician in history. Now YOU can experience his mega-hit LIVE! Witness OVER 40 of the most mind-blowing illusions ever performed. Criss Angel has not only been celebrated with more magic awards than any other magician in history, but was also named Magician of the Century and in 2012 was named Vegas' Entertainer of the Year and Best Magician in Las Vegas. Now let the magic live in you... You won't believe your eyes! See the revolutionary CRISS ANGEL Believe from Cirque du Soleil today! Are you ready?
San Diego, CA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Criss angel is hot, show okay, bunnies cute”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

for all the naysayers, first I am a huge fan of the supernatural tv show and to see the tie in google "supernatural criss angel" and you will see what I mean.

given "that" factor of him, to all of those men who wrote reviews and older folks who are vegas show afficianados, I will be blunt. Criss Angel is hot - I saw the show with my 14 year old daughter and we both were sucked in by the "hot factor" of him. I dont know what it is, but he is mesmerizing.

that said, I will tell you the review from my daughters perspective and mine.

for my 14 year old. She thought it was amazing. She loved the magic, loved the sets, costumes, the rabbits (recurring theme), the cirque clowns and the lobby decorations. She was truly enthralled by it. Even though she figured out many of the illusions. This was definately a highlight of our family week in vegas for her. That and seeing the crowds come out after the lady gaga concert!

for me, it was a good magic show but I will agree with some of the comments about the PR, the fact he is a street vs a stage magician, pushing his HSN premier when we were there. I too having seen other cirque shows would like to have seen more costuming. I am sure that Angel wanted the attention on himself vs the performers. I mean on the show its all about him. And its his venue.

In closing a lot of girls/women will like it. Men/husbands/boyfriends just go along with our love of a great looking hot guy with great abs who does magic and has a funny personality. If that side of it wont appeal to you, dont go.

We got tickets via the summer of cirque promo and paid around $125 including the surcharge for 2 tickets and were center in front of section 200. I would not pay more than that for the show.

giving an average as have seen "O" and say Siegfried and Roy years ago and on a scale of those were fabulous, this was average. But still had a great evening with my teen daughter (along with lots of other moms and daughters!)

• Turkish first
London, Canada
“Amazing, dream like imagery......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I don't know what all these ppl are talking about!?..This show was amazing-to entering the the theatre, the hallway, the 3d images on the walls, the crazy laughter and sounds from overhead, the smoke and dim lights, the chandelears.....wow!...not to mention the opening characters that mingle with the audience...to Criss himself...AMAZING!!....it was pure mystical, dream like imagery...it felt like i was dreaming.......this is great for ppl who have a great imagination and enjoy something that isn't conventional---I thought this was very original..excellent work by the characters in this act!

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Extremely dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Took the girlfriend last week in Vegas to see Chris Angel's show and we literally walked out half way through it. All lighting and smoke and diversions to try and cover up his awful performance. If you fave 3-4 drinks before the show you MIGHT be tricked into liking it, but sober, not going to happen. Just say NO to this overpriced show.

2 Thank happyhammerhead
Sanger, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Criss Angel's "Believe" 8-6-10”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I won tickets to this show through the "Believe" contest and I really wanted all of the reviews to be wrong but unfortunately they were not far off. Criss Angel's illusions were nothing different from illusions we have seen a million times from various other performers, I was very disappointed. The parts I enjoyed were the four clown comedy performers, the music and the very few dance numbers, and costumes. I think it would have been better had it had more Cirque elements and less Criss Angel.

1 Thank rsebuds
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“worst show on the strip - save your $$”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Let me first start off by saying I am a Criss/Mindfreak fan, however I would have given this a zero if it allowed me to.

My wife and I went on Aug 6 and walked away wishing we had spent our money on anything other than this poor excuse for entertainment. Who would have thought that having 3 clowns and a couple of dancers qualified you as a cirque show?

Not surprisingly, the only comments we heard as we were leaving was "how can I get my money back?" It felt like he spent more time talking about Mindfreak and the giftshop (he even brought his "magic set" out on stage for everyone to see - while of course encouraging you to buy it after the show) than he did actually performing the same old illusions we have all seen over and over again - how many times do we need to see him magically transport from one part of the stage to another?

If you are even remotely considering seeing this, I would encourage you to talk to people leaving a performance and get info from them. I honestly believe that the only ones who will enjoy the show are the women who constantly yell out how much they love him.

2 Thank tjjackman