“Not sure what to think”
Review of Criss Angel Believe - CLOSED

Criss Angel Believe
More attraction details
Owner description: Criss Angel, the most famous magician on the planet - in partnership with Cirque du Soleil - presents CRISS ANGEL Believe, an illusion spectacular at the Luxor Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas. Criss has amazed hundreds of millions on television, online, and is the most watched magician in history. Now YOU can experience his mega-hit LIVE! Witness OVER 40 of the most mind-blowing illusions ever performed. Criss Angel has not only been celebrated with more magic awards than any other magician in history, but was also named Magician of the Century and in 2012 was named Vegas' Entertainer of the Year and Best Magician in Las Vegas. Now let the magic live in you... You won't believe your eyes! See the revolutionary CRISS ANGEL Believe from Cirque du Soleil today! Are you ready?
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If I had read the reviews and talked to people in Vegas before I purchased this ticket, I never would have gone. I don't get the connection to Cirque and I agree that Criss tried to get the audience to applaud more which was odd. I don't believe that the people selected from the audience were random. Every stage in Vegas has ways to drop below the stage so add complete darkness and there's your disappearing trick. I didn't hate it but there are certainly better shows.

1  Thank Donna H

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I read the reviews on here before I bought my ticket, so I guess it was my own fault for going. I can't recall being so uncomfortable during a show ever before in my life. I felt terrible for the people he brought up on stage too. Do you know that uncomfortable feeling you get when you see someone in an embarrassing situation? Picture that for half of the show.

The other half is Angel sitting around talking about how cool he is and saying we all need to watch his show on television. I have never seen his show, and I certainly won't start watching it now. Most of the live "Believe" show has the same trick repeated throughout, which is him vanishing and reappearing somewhere else. Nothing he demonstrates during this show requires skill of any kind, and anyone reading this could do it of they had the money.

The only thing coming close to any demonstration of skill is his bird act. Unfortunately, he's really, really bad at it. During the performance, he says that Lance Burton is his really good friend. Angel needs to call him for tips. If you don't know how dove magic works before watching this, you will after if you pay attention.

Seriously, go see Copperfield, P&T or Mac King. Watch Carrot Top two or three times for the price of a Criss Angel ticket. Don't be tortured like I was. There is so much more to say, but just look at the other reviews here. I have it two stars for "sights" because there is a really hot blonde girl in the show. By far the best part. If this is what you want to see though, buy two tickets to Fantasy and see it twice for the same price. It's much better and has more hot chicks.

3  Thank latentimage
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The show was good. Its not the best Las Vegas show but its not dreadful as some call it. Its really not cirque du soleil at all, is magic with a little humor. Lots of Illusions, some which you can maybe start to figure out how they could be done but defiantly a few you are left not having a clue how he did that. Criss Angle is really into his fans and come out and runs up the aisles to shake hands and lets u take pictures of him on stage after he has finished his act. Tickets are not cheap but you can generally get a deal on them if you ask around. If you like magic this is support to be the best in town. But I think I would also try some of the other big names in town and see how they stack up.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just want to say I was really bummed after I acquired tickets then started reading what seemed like ALL NEGATIVE reviews!

This is NOT a magic show, Criss Angel is not a magician
This is NOT a traditional cirque du soleil show with contortionists and aerial acrobats

This IS a show with ILLUSIONS and will leave you second guessing what you saw!

The music is almost too loud at one point but it only lasts maybe one minute! Yes he talks about himself lots, but mostly of his history, where he came from and who he idolized coming through his childhood. Mindfreak is a TV show and you can't do a TV show live on stage with the same acts and illusions, but you won't be let down.. unless you are expecting to see the TV show. There are dirty jokes but welcome to Vegas people!

My wife and myself loved this show, and we did not leave wanting money back or mad! This was an awesome illusion show and he left me wondering how he did some of his acts.

Thats my rant and my review, I loved it.

2  Thank supraracer
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Not really a "cirque du soleil" show but awesome magic. All the great magic tricks recreated with a Criss Angel twist. I don't know how he did any of it - and it was mind blowing! Not a really fancy production ... more like magic for bikers.

1  Thank Paul E