“Very entertaining”
Review of Criss Angel Believe - CLOSED

Criss Angel Believe
More attraction details
Owner description: Criss Angel, the most famous magician on the planet - in partnership with Cirque du Soleil - presents CRISS ANGEL Believe, an illusion spectacular at the Luxor Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas. Criss has amazed hundreds of millions on television, online, and is the most watched magician in history. Now YOU can experience his mega-hit LIVE! Witness OVER 40 of the most mind-blowing illusions ever performed. Criss Angel has not only been celebrated with more magic awards than any other magician in history, but was also named Magician of the Century and in 2012 was named Vegas' Entertainer of the Year and Best Magician in Las Vegas. Now let the magic live in you... You won't believe your eyes! See the revolutionary CRISS ANGEL Believe from Cirque du Soleil today! Are you ready?
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The illusions were very good, but my favorite part of this Cirque show is the comedy between Criss Angel and his side kick Maestro. They were hilarious. I loved how they interacted with the audience and it is definately for people 12 and up. There were a lot of inuendos that were for a more adult crowd or at least older teenagers. I llike Criss's TV show illusions a little better then the stage illusions, because you can see everything more up close on a camera. This show is definately worth seeing.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second time seeing Criss Angel's BeLIEve by Cirque Du Soleil at the Luxor. The first time I saw the show was back in 2009 when all the Cirque elements were in place. Back then, this show had a storyline where Criss Angel was injured doing one of his stunts live on stage. The rest of the show then took place inside his mind where an evil force tries to destroy him and, well it was hard to keep up honestly. People expecting to see an all out Criss Angel show where he did magic during the entirety of the show, generated plenty of bad or mediocre reviews. Being a fan of both Cirque shows and magic I felt the visuals were amazing but the illusions were lacking.

Fast forward to July 2013. Having read that Criss had done away with most of the Cirque elements and incorporated more magic into the show, we gave the show a second viewing. Some of the illusions were carried over, but I'd say about 70 percent of it is all new. We were impressed with the new illusions, and we enjoyed Criss having more interaction with his audience. The night we went, the house was packed and you can easily see why Criss is like a rock star of the magic scene.

There were some things that could rub people the wrong way.

Criss's assistants are a bit strange and trying too hard to be funny. I did get a few chuckles here and there, but overall you could sense discomfort in the audience as some of the gags were sexual in nature and families were present. I for one don't mind double entendres or foul language, but only when they are truly funny and not excessive. Criss himself used some strong language which I could see people kind of shifting in their chairs. I understand how people could be insulted or uncomfortable, but the truth is, if you ever watched his show there were plenty of words censored out with beeps so that isn't anything new. Finally the show felt more condensed in its current rendition. Back in '09 it seemed longer to me, probably cause of the storyline.

I have recently read that Criss plans to add some new illusions this fall, for the anniversary of the show. I really hope he does as it would probably help extend the show a bit more and provide reasons for guests to return.

If you get a chance to get a discounted ticket you won't feel disappointed. Full price for the show might be a bit of a stretch until the new illusions are included.

1  Thank J V
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was so excited my friend bought tickets so close ..5th row. Criss Angel did so many unbelievably cool things could not not wait to see!
What a disappointment... beginning of the show so cheesy, then Criss comes out and performs dove tricks??? and gee I moved here from there. Not at all what I expected.
Show began late to start, which was okay the storm was bad so understandable, but half way through it appeared the motorcycle that was to appear began to fall. Immediately the curtain closed and the theater went dark. When the lights came up we sat for 20 minutes with no explanation, people became restless and began to leave. Finally, when he did reappear, he went on with the show like nothing happened. Then said "They said we should cancel, but I said no we should push on", like he saved the show. Truly classless and unprofessional, especially for someone who is a performer and has been for years. Felt very disrespected.
Used to be the incredible bad boy, who did things we could never fathom. Now a sell out.
Don't even waste a half price ticket.

2  Thank Tammy R
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This show was not my first choice. I was not really interested in a little magic show. I am so happy we went to see this show. All of the performers were really great! Very funny! I tried my best to figure out the illusions were created but not much luck with most of them. Even if you think you know how something was done, the speed at which it was done was amazing!! I would go again!!