“Excellent food and service, and make sure your stomach is empty”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,935 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The ambiance of the restaurant is quite good. Despite being almost full, the restaurant was not overly noisy, and it was easy to carry on a conversation. Service was very good, with refilling of drinks and changing of plates was quick, without having to ask. The Brazilian style of servers walking by and offering the different meats off of a skewer works well. The meats were all delicious and well flavored. The "salad" bar is exceptional for regional South American foods. There is way too much to eat, and we minimized the amount we chose from the salad bar, in order to leave room for all of the different cuts and types of meat (sausage, chicken, steak, & lamb) being served. Two of us shared the Papaya vanilla ice cream slurry. All portions are generous. Also on the plus side, this restaurant is on the edge of Town Square shopping district, which means it is easy to get to, and there is plenty of parking, avoiding all the cars and crowds of the rest of the shopping district. Drinks and dessert are not included. This is a pricey restaurant, but worth it. Despite being on a Thursday, the restaurant filled up quickly, starting at 5pm, so reservations are a must

There are newer reviews for Texas de Brazil

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I went to Texas de Brazil in Las Vegas for my bachelorette party w/ a group of 20 friends. We had a wonderful time. We Turned our cards to green and were swarmed by a troop of carvers serving various cuts of meats. My favorite was the Garlic Sirloin, but all meat were very tasty and delicious. Everything at the salad area was phenomenal as well. Me and my friends loved this place. Service was excellent. I highly Reccommend this restaurant! 5 STARS!

1  Thank Mandy_1984_11
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were in Vegas with our in-laws, grandma & her friend and my mother for a big family vacation. My husband found an offer for a discount book online for around $50, which gave us 10 meals at half off. We have a churrascaria in our city, and love it, so we were all about taking the fam there to impress them with the quality of service we're used to in our hometown. And at half price, you couldn't beat it.

We arrived a few minutes early for our 7:15 pm reservation for 7 people. It was a Wednesday night, and they were a little busy but not packed or anything. We ended up waiting 15 minutes for our table to be ready and were finally seated.

The atmosphere was warm and inviting. It was lively and felt upscale, with posh decor. I did like the feel of the place. It's one of those cloth napkin places, where you can get away with nice casual dress. Upscale, but comfortable, I guess I would say.

We put in our drink orders (iced teas, soft drinks and water) and everyone hit the salad bar. The selections were quite extensive – a few kinds of salad greens, dressings, cheeses and various vegetables. Everything was fresh and delicious. Nothing was 'out of stock' on the salad bar.

Next were the tasty meats, brought around by gauchos to the table. My personal favorites were the flank steak and the picanha. Everything was cooked correctly, nothing was overcooked. Some meats at a Brazilian steakhouse can be on the rare side, so if you're not into that, you may want to look at someone else's serving before you delve in. Generally the gaucho will be able to tell you how the selection is prepared, though, so when in doubt ask!

Throughout the evening we seemed to be staring at nearly empty plates and empty glasses. I'm not sure if our waiter was overbooked in his section, if wasn't receiving the help he normally would, or if he was just not a great server, but he was not around much. We had long waits for refills on drinks, clean plates and even for meats at times. When the gauchos were around they were hurrying around and were not very careful about making messes on the table. I realize it's not always a clean way to serve meat, carrying it around the room on a stake, but this was like nothing I've seen before at an upscale Brazilian steakhouse.

At one point, one of the gauchos was sloppily serving my husband a slice of one of the meats and a piece of it fell somewhere, seemingly on my husband. It wasn't until we were in the car on the way back to our hotel that we noticed the big glob of meat and fat on the face of his watch. Very gross! (Kinda funny now to look at the pic!)

We all enjoyed various desserts; I enjoyed the papaya cream, my husband the keylime pie... Took us a little while to get the bill settled. Unfortunately, it did not really leave the impression on our family that we had wished. Our group left grumbling about the lack of service. And that's about when we saw my husband's watch!

I think my husband and I may give it another chance if we're ever down that way again, but definitely not with such a large group, and we wouldn't go out of our way to get there.

1  Thank BlondWidow
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Had a Brithday Coupon of BOGO so off we went. All I can say is Go Hungry. Very Hungry! Food is in abundance and excellent. Cooked Brazalian style. They are constantly at your table with offerings you can accept or pass on. Excellent taste, impeccable service. Fun!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

The best Lobster Bisque I have ever had! Very good Salad Bar and the staff is very nice. We like to go there for special occasions.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!