“Great Family hotel”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort
Ranked #41 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Great location - very quiet, close to all major attractions. This is not an overly busy hotel, so it is very easy to relax - no huge crowds to deal with !
Easy walking distance to all major casinos. We had a 2 bedroom unit in the main building. Great helpful staff - they do whatever they can to help. The hotel has a shuttle service dropping you off and picking you up at predetermined times throughout the city - no charge, but tipping is welcomed.

There were 5 of us in our party and all had comfortable beds. Everything in the unitd worked well.

Would definitely come to this location again.

• Stayed: July 2005
24  Thank BiztravellerEdmonton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,362)

Reviewed July 16, 2005

We stayed at the Summer Bay Resort in June 2005, with 2 other families. Although it was an older room, it was very spacious and for a family of 5 along with 2 other families it was just what we needed. I had called ahead and asked to be in the main building but when we got there there were no rooms available in that building. We wanted to be close to our other family members, which the hotel arranged, and we all had rooms right together and a pool all to ourselves. My kids loved that there was so much room and they didn't have to share beds. The couch was an L shape that could pull out to a bed, but my teenager just wanted to sleep on it the way it was and said that it was very comfy. My daughter who is 7 slept on the other side of the couch, and my other son had the bed in the extra room all to himself. There was a full kitchen, great if you are staying for a week, dining room, 2 full bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and enough room to have dinner in the room with the other family members that came with us. We ordered in pizza one night which was very good. The pool was just outside our rooms and we could take the kids swimming with no one else being around. Although it is an older hotel, if you are traveling with a lot of people it makes sense to stay here. The monorail is close by so the little ones don't have to walk so far. Forget about the continental breakfast though, it was just pastries from a box and most wof it was gone very quickly. I would stay here again if I were taking my kids along.

7  Thank ugogirl1
Reviewed June 29, 2005

Our group of six just returned from Las Vegas (and had an awesome time I might add). Our location at Summer Bay Resort put us within walking distance of the tram and casinos. Our condo was very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and the cleaning personnel couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank sheetdm
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We (two friends and I) decided to rent a room here over the Memorial Day weekend. Despite the issue of one person in the party having to wait around because she checked in earlier than the person who actually booked the room - even though it was specifically requested and OUTLINED ON MY CONFIRMATION MAILED TO ME BY THE HOTEL that two members of the party (names were listed, mind you) may arrive earlier and it would be fine for them to check in first. After clearing this issue up on the phone (on a plane on my way to Vegas) my friend was finally able to check in.

Our unit was just behind the Imperial Palace (about 6-7min walk). Not a bad location at all. We did a nice brunch at Harrauh's one day and was happy. IMO the best brunch by far is at MGM Grand. MGM is a bit far from Summer Bay. A taxi ride should do. I would suggest taking taxi there and work your way back by walking.

Lvg rm: Queen size sofa bed, TV, coffee table, adjustable air cooling.

Kit: small area w/stove, sink, microwave, small round table that can fit two comfortably. Utensils (forks, plates, etc), toaster oven. Two high chairs at the counter that separated the kitchen from the living rm.

BDRM: Queen size bed, TV, safe in closet, ironing brd & iron, two end tables, and dresser. Closet in hall and a door that closed off the living rm from the bedrm & bathrm.

Comfortable place. Each unit (outside of the main building) is gated and has a BBQ grill in the yard. We grilled one night and it was great.

You must stay 7 days to receive house cleaning; although our beds were made and trash was taken two of the three nights.

• Stayed: May 2005
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, Va
Reviewed June 7, 2005

This place may look a little ghetto, but it seemed safe, and the best part was it was right in the heart of strip. Could get to IPalace and Flamingo within 10 minute walk at most! Rooms were a little shabby, but I have had worse.I stayed in the main building row, so I was closer to the strip. Venitian Hotel is close too! It is nice to have a seperate bedroom area and a fridge in the hotel to save $ and time going out to eat. Do not eat the Imperial Palace buffet, it is bad. My rooms avg $100/night on weekend june 2-5.

• Stayed: June 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2005

Our familiy stayed at Summer Bay in a 2-bedroom in May 2005. The facilities were OK for the price, but the location of our unit (at the very end of the property on Winnick at Koval) was scary. When I checked in I requested a renovated unit at the front of the property and was told that all units were already assigned. If you can book into the main building, or close to it, take the risk of staying here. But if not, think twice. We heard a lot of sirens and our kids joked that we were located at the "CSI crime scene."

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank JanineL1
Reviewed May 22, 2005

I recently, (May 05) spent 7 nights at Summerbay in las vegas. easy to find, check in was easy, i looked around the resort and ask for a particular location, they punched a bunch of buttons on the computer and managed to do it.
The resort, not really what I think of when the word resort comes up but I guess it does qualify. I think it is and older motel this is where the lobby, main pool and work out center is, I think a 4 story building with jr. 1 bedroom suites, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites, stairs and an elevator, stairs are just a fast.
the main building they called the "towers" was clean, the lobby could have belonged to a 5 star hotel. very nice, lots of fancy tile, lots of sitting room, many tv's, a card table, activities room and a friendly staff. access to the main (outside) pool through the lobby. there is a game room with 4 or 5 video games, a work out room with a universal type machine a treadmill, some dumbells and a few other machines, very adaquate for this quality of stay. the pool is curvy shaped, very clean, goes to 6 ft. the hot tub is round seats about 6-10 depending how close you want, but good size and not too hot. towells are plentiful in a platic bin by the pool. the best part is 24 hour pool access.
my 1 bedroom Jr suite was clean . full size fridge, small stove with oven small microwave, coffee pot , double sink. bedroom queen size bed, alarm clock radio, 26inch tv,closet with mirrored doors inside an ironing board, iron, mop dust pan broom and a laundry basket. I thinkthe laundry machines are free, located on every level. bedroom was very small.
living room had a coffee table, sofa sleeper, leather feel kind of covering, a couple of chairs, not so comfirtable and a dinng table with 4 chairs. 26 in tv with dvd.
bathroom was small, hair dryer and plenty of towells and soaps. the bathroom was the low point of the room, it was old and while it was clean it is time to replace fictures.
I had a huge patio off of my room, 1st floor about 15 x 15 feet with 2 lounge chairs a table with 4 chairs and an umbrella. it was great to sit out and watch all the traffic and people going to harras, flamingo etc,
the rest of the resort, not connected with the towers are stand alone building with maybe 20 rooms each and between every set of buildings there was a pool, I guess there are 30 such buildings, thats how the say we have 12 pools on property. if you stay at some of the building,they all look nice and I hear some have been rennovated insidebut it would be a long walk 1/4 mile to the main, best pool at the lobby,
I would stay here again, but I would not pay what I was hearing the receptionist telling some customers, $100 per night is too much for this place. the location is directly 1/2 block behind Harras, which is accoss the street from Ceasers Palace and all the good stuff. the monorail practically sits on top of summer bay, I had read that it is noisy but I could not hear it go by, or over head. the monorail stops right in back of Harras so it is very, no, the most convieniant place to stay if you ride the monrail

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member