“Desert Club Resort, Las Vegas”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Desert Club Resort, Las Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our fist stay here through the Club Vacations, was a 12 day stay in November. The accommodation was great, we were in building 9, in the middle of the resort. Spacious well equipped one bed condo, with a huge bath. Washer & dryer are on the patio, in a cupboard, otherwise everything is logical.
The staff at Desert Club were all happy people, very helpful, and the complimentary shuttle to the strip is necessary, we used it every day.
On site Gold Mine cafe was okay, but there are so many good food choices on the strip, the Gold Mine was only used once...
The DCR is right next to the brand new High Roller, Las Vegas's answer to the London Eye, but bigger! What else could it be in Vegas?..
The only criticism I have is that we could hear every movement in the flat above us. No worse than the floorboards in most houses, just didn't expect it in a condo! Def didn't spoil the holiday, just be aware, no lifts on resort.
Great features in Deluxe villa, incl iPod docking station, 2 large LCD TV's. massive fridge.
Huge bed!
Will deaf return again?
Hope this is of use to you?

Room Tip: Stay away from Koval Lane at front, very busy!,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious accommodations, excellent location and the fact that you would definitely stay with us again.

We look forward to your return stay!

A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Everything was perfect except for one observation. We stayed for seven days and took our trash out every couple of days. The dumpster was in an enclosure and the smell would knock you out. Most of the time it was overflowing and obviously there was no recycling, only garbage, and that's what it smelled like.....Those bins need to be disinfected every so often so that you don't have to start holding your breath twenty five feet away when you want to discard something.

Room Tip: We have stayed here on both the first and second floors of different buildings. The ones in back ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keaka-Kini
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your observation and will follow up. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our resort to be "a great place to stay"!

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The complex is currently undergoing renovation. When we were there it was apparently 38% complete. When complete, the suites will be available only to club members. But now it's a good deal at just over $100/night for a 5 night stay in a suite with a full kitchen, gas fireplace in living room, large bedroom and adequate bathroom. My only complaint is that I wasn't expecting the sales pitch to get me to buy a time share at Holiday Inn resorts. Even though on check-in I indicated I wasn't interested in buying a time share, the agent at the desk advised me to go to the sales presentation in order to receive something for my time. I spent 3 hours talking to 3 different sales people the next day, bought nothing, but got $100.00 cash for my time. I don't gamble, but the cash came in handy in helping to pay for meals and shows in Vegas. My advice to sales at Holiday Inn is to provide a heads up several days in advance. I was totally not ready for this sales pitch. If I had more time to consider the purchase, before being asked to commit on the spot to a $41,000.00 purchase, I may have felt differently. But, after talking to 3 different sales people, each having their own pitch, I was totally turned off of buying anything. But I did enjoy talking to Manny in sales for a couple hours. He had lots of valuable and interesting information about Vegas!

Room Tip: Beware of sales pitch on a time share, when you check in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ronc52
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your spacious villa and that you felt you received a great value for your money. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've a very beautiful experience at resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The location was nice close to strip clean and appealing to eyes. Beautiful townhouse units friendly worker and helpful. I will be coming back I enjoy my stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Dorothy S
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We look forward to your return stay in the near future!

Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here 3 times through timeshare and it was amazing!! The rooms were big and modern and clean. When I stayed there was no grocery store which they have now, which would only make it better. The shuttle service is very convenient to go to the strip even though its walking distance but is great for the heat of the summer. The only thing is I am looking to stay next August and have sold the timeshare so I would be booking direct (not timeshare) does anyone know if the rooms are the same, so still modern and nice because the ones I have seen on expedia look old so not sure if I would stay if I get one of those type of rooms?????? Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank becky c
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We started the process of renovating all of our Villas last year and have completed the renovation of four buildings. Villas are assigned based on the type of booking, such as one or two bedroom.

We look forward to your return stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The timeshare resort was in a secure and quiet location, and provided free shuttle services to and from the attractions in town.
The resort had a small grocery store which was more than adequate for a short stay in the self-catering apartments.
The apartments were very well equipped although a little bit small, we stayed in a one bedroomed apartment.
A few quirks such as having to empty the rubbish before you leave, clean the dishes etc.
The check-in procedures are quite slow and need to be streamlined.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce W
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay ad that you found our resort and staff adequate. We look forward to your return stay.

Sincerely,A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for SHOT last year and I was originally pretty fired up (I am a Hilton Diamond) about my company putting me in a cut rate rathole...but it turned out to be pretty nice. Clean, newer and well run these are like townhomes and well preserved. I'm a tough sell for hotels, I hate most of them but you will not be disappointed with these folks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fredscout
Thank you for your very nice feedback.

We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised and we certainly hope you will be back soon.

We do value your patronage.