“Nice Suite at a low cost!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort
Ranked #45 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The complex is currently undergoing renovation. When we were there it was apparently 38% complete. When complete, the suites will be available only to club members. But now it's a good deal at just over $100/night for a 5 night stay in a suite with a full kitchen, gas fireplace in living room, large bedroom and adequate bathroom. My only complaint is that I wasn't expecting the sales pitch to get me to buy a time share at Holiday Inn resorts. Even though on check-in I indicated I wasn't interested in buying a time share, the agent at the desk advised me to go to the sales presentation in order to receive something for my time. I spent 3 hours talking to 3 different sales people the next day, bought nothing, but got $100.00 cash for my time. I don't gamble, but the cash came in handy in helping to pay for meals and shows in Vegas. My advice to sales at Holiday Inn is to provide a heads up several days in advance. I was totally not ready for this sales pitch. If I had more time to consider the purchase, before being asked to commit on the spot to a $41,000.00 purchase, I may have felt differently. But, after talking to 3 different sales people, each having their own pitch, I was totally turned off of buying anything. But I did enjoy talking to Manny in sales for a couple hours. He had lots of valuable and interesting information about Vegas!

Room Tip: Beware of sales pitch on a time share, when you check in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ronc52
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your spacious villa and that you felt you received a great value for your money. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

A

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've a very beautiful experience at resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. The location was nice close to strip clean and appealing to eyes. Beautiful townhouse units friendly worker and helpful. I will be coming back I enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dorothy S

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We look forward to your return stay in the near future!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here 3 times through timeshare and it was amazing!! The rooms were big and modern and clean. When I stayed there was no grocery store which they have now, which would only make it better. The shuttle service is very convenient to go to the strip even though its walking distance but is great for the heat of the summer. The only thing is I am looking to stay next August and have sold the timeshare so I would be booking direct (not timeshare) does anyone know if the rooms are the same, so still modern and nice because the ones I have seen on expedia look old so not sure if I would stay if I get one of those type of rooms?????? Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank becky c
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We started the process of renovating all of our Villas last year and have completed the renovation of four buildings. Villas are assigned based on the type of booking, such as one or two bedroom.

We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The timeshare resort was in a secure and quiet location, and provided free shuttle services to and from the attractions in town.
The resort had a small grocery store which was more than adequate for a short stay in the self-catering apartments.
The apartments were very well equipped although a little bit small, we stayed in a one bedroomed apartment.
A few quirks such as having to empty the rubbish before you leave, clean the dishes etc.
The check-in procedures are quite slow and need to be streamlined.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce W

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay ad that you found our resort and staff adequate. We look forward to your return stay.

Sincerely,A

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for SHOT last year and I was originally pretty fired up (I am a Hilton Diamond) about my company putting me in a cut rate rathole...but it turned out to be pretty nice. Clean, newer and well run these are like townhomes and well preserved. I'm a tough sell for hotels, I hate most of them but you will not be disappointed with these folks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fredscout

Thank you for your very nice feedback.

We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised and we certainly hope you will be back soon.

We do value your patronage.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We used the timeshare at this resort. Rooms are very nice. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Washer & dryer right in room and not coin operated. More than one pool and hottub. Pool very nice. Games room. Restaurant on site, good food, reasonable price. Was really close to the APEX center where my husband had to go for the SEMA show. He only had a 4 min. walk. Free Shuttle service. Would definitely go back and recommend this resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such nice comments on our resort facilities and our staff.

We are glad that you and your husband had a great stay and we look forward to be your hosts again int he near future!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day trip in Las Vegas with another couple and had the time of our life. The Holiday Inn's location is perfect to all the locations that we were interested in. We were able to walk to most locations, if not cabs were quick or the shuttle was handy. Loved that we had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit with full kitchen. Our unit was spacious enough that we didn't feel crowded and very clean. Husbands loved the TV in each room, wives enjoyed the in unit laundry. We were in building 19 and even though it is farthest from the front desk we were appreciative of the usual quietness with the occasional loud LV fun (us included). Can't think of any complaints with our unit except we found the bed and pillows a little firmer then we are used. Grounds of the resort with beautifully landscaped, well labeled with directions, clean and fun, 5 pools and several indoor/outdoor hot tubs. Only compliant with had with our Tiki Tide pool area was the pool was a tad cool for us and we found that the hot tubs were over loaded with chlorine. But that might not be a bad thing ;-). Other best thing was the sense of security, appreciated check in gates at entrance of resort. We will be back, hell ya, sooner then later.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lowest level most convenient as there are no elevators but there is an increase in A/C...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your fabulous feedback! We are glad that you and your friends had a very enjoyable stay at our resort and that your are already making plans to return.

We look forward to it and being your hosts again in a near future. We value your patronage.