“A very pleasant surprise!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort
Ranked #39 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed two nights here but wished it could have been longer....firstly it's very easy to find,parallel as it is to the strip in the vicinity of Harrahs,it's actually walking distance however there is a free shuttle to various locations. The rooms are very comfortable and are remarkably kitted out with two huge flat screen TVs (in our one bedroom suite),a stereo/iPod dock,kitchen,a bath big enough to party in (..it is Vegas!) and separate living area. Each little block has its own pool which we were too busy to use but it all looked very nice. The fitness room was very well-equipped also. I can't really fault the hotel and I would definitely return there,its fantastic value for money with very helpful staff. One point to note....this is a timeshare resort first and foremost there is no 'breakfast' or the like,hence the very well-equipped kitchens,there is a restaurant/bar on site which serves food and drink etc. There is also a sales pitch for the timeshare element,we travel a lot and the idea doesn't appeal to us....but may to some. We declined the offer of a presentation and this was politely accepted. There is no 'hard sell' a la some euro resorts. A well-appointed gem of a hotel in immaculate grounds,well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mayfairjock
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for making time of your busy schedule to share your vacation experience. We are glad hat you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to your return stay.

We do value your patronage.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked through Orange Lake in Florida. When you pull up to the resort it looks normal but when you open the door to your room, it is breath taking. The front desk guy was nice and so was the hotel/resort staff. Then came the tour, we had a guy who told us that he was on his last week there because he was becoming a full time gaming agent. The pitch started off with him saying to us "Listen are you guys only here for the gifts or are you really interested in buying?, I ask only because I am not gonns give you the whole schpill if you only wanna get through this and go on with your vacation". We couldn't believe what we heard so I said "Are you serious?" and he said "Yeah". So after the tour and short movie we sat down in a cafeteria area where the "Finalizer" and he was this tall bald headed guy with a New Jersey accent who came over dressed like "A Detroit Pimp" with alligator shoes on. He was like so I hear you sick (I told the sales guy about a recent illness and how my insurance company dropped me) and have medical bills so what you guys can afford $200 a month can't you?. So bottom line is we signed because of the pressure and promises made then cancelled the very next day now they claim the can't find my cancellation letter and may stick this timeshare on me. So we lawyered up and is now waiting on their decision. Oh I almost forgot and the "Finalizer" gave us his busn card and the office # on it was disconnected and when I asked about it he said "Oh is it disconnected?, I will get on it right away", well months later the number is still disconnected.

FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IS GOING ON THERE!!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE)...

Side Note: The hotel staff and rooms are gorgeous we just suggest not doing the timeshare tour.

Goodluck!

Room Tip: Choose a room near the pool and activities room if you children with you. If not it doesn't matt...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A C
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to our resort. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay and liked our resort's staff and facilities. Your comments on the sales tour were forwarded to our Director of Sales and I am sure he will be contacting you soon.

Again, than,k you for sharing your vacation experience with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have just returned from a holiday a this resort. We were very pleased with the accommodation one bedroom with on suite and the other bedroom with bathroom just across the hall. We had a full sized kitchen with lots of appliances and a washing machine and tumble dryer in a room on balcony. The pool was open 24hours and there were barbecues if you wanted to use them. It was not a very long walk to get on to the strip but reception would always get you a taxi. There was building work going on but it was cordoned off and kept tidy. The gold miner restaurant onsite did a very good breakfast but not so good evening meal.Amanda and cemali were really good servers.very good shuttle bus service around the complex and to hotels on the strip.

Room Tip: Poolside if possible.some ground floor rooms are next to air conditioning system.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our resort and friendly staff. Your comments on Araceli and Amanda are appreciated and we will be happy to share it with them.
We hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to Las Vegas!

We value your patronage.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was shocked when I went in to my room It was a one bed room condo! I loved it I could not beat the price of this place. It was my first time here I was able to walk the property every night with no worries. I wall 6 miles a day so I had to do 5 laps around the property not bad. I will be back in 6 months for work again I will be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: I had a first floor 1 bed room condo
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig M

Thank you for your feedback. This is a great place to stay, regardless if your visit is for business or pleasure. I am glad you enjoyed the resort's facilities and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Depending on what you are looking for can make or break this place for you. If you are looking for a place which has a full size kitchen and separate living room, this place is awesome, but if you are looking for just a hotel room, where you can come back to sleep after a day & night of vegas style party than this is not the place for you. This place does not have a elevator, but it does have free parking right outside of your villa/suite/condo/timeshare/vacation club.

There are shuttles that take you to different places they run through out the day.

This place is a half a mile away from Flamingo's so it is pretty central if you want to take a cab anywhere.

There are multiple pools, pool houses, grills available to cook out and such.

Free wifi but it is a little touch n go.

Multiple televisions in the suite.

I was very happy with my stay, even though I was looking for just a place to crash, but then again I am getting a little older, this is probably not the place for college students.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a ton of stuff, ask for the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing with us your vacation experience. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return stay.

Sincerely,A

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The resort personnel were outstanding! The shuttle system ran to a good number of hotels/casinos and at offered excellent time of shuttle departures and returns. Didn't win at the casinos...but what else is new???? Great resort!

Room Tip: We traveled with relatives and friends and all three rooms had king size beds.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very nice comments on our resort and staff. Best of luck at the casinos on your next visit to our resort!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a horrible place to stay. We looked at the pictures and reviews online and decided to give this resort a try. What a HUGE mistake!! The pictures they have on their site do not include the dump we we given. I can see why. The place is so small, they put the dining room table in front of the fridge so you couldn't even open the fridge door. The sofa sleeper has springs poking out of it that stab you in every part of your body no matter how you try to sleep. There is construction going on, which is not a problem, because they are courteous enough to wait until 8am to start. This is not true for the staff who use the reverse buzzer on the golf carts to wake you at 5:30am daily. We asked to be moved and told they were booked, which I find hard to believe with the small amount of people we saw there. We had the privacy please sign on our door and someone came in to the unit while I was in the shower.
When you check in they want you to listen to their speech on becoming an owner. Stay far, far away from this. Say no to the presentation. We agreed to hear the presentation and after saying no to buying, we were blackballed for the rest of our vacation. Things that were available for our neighbors suddenly were unavailable for us.
We have never been treated so poorly anywhere we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tony2144

Thank you for making the time to share with us your vacation experience. The resort units are assigned based on the types of accommodations booked and we provide the same services and amenities to all of our owners and guests.
We're sorry that you felt differently and hope you will not let this isolated experience keep you from returning again.

We do value your patronage.

Sincerely,A