“If you prefer not to gamble in Las Vegas stay in this resort.”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Montreal, Canada
“If you prefer not to gamble in Las Vegas stay in this resort.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This has nothing to do with other casino-hotels in Las Vegas. No slot machines or card rooms, so you won't loose a cent! You feel that you are in a vacation resort somewhere close to seaside. Rooms are huge connecting to an equipped kitchen and living/dining area. You can cook you own food, off course if you find a supermarket in Vegas. Buildings have three floors with no elevators, so if you have heavy suitcase, either ask for help or insist to have a first floor room. There are several rather small swimming pool close to every buildings. The resort is huge, with each building having its own designated parking close to it, so going back and forth within the resort requires either long walks or using small passenger electric cars moving inside the resort. Dinning is also a headache since no restaurant is located in walking distance.

Room Tip: Lower floors if you cannot walk stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank boroushan
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We're glad that you enjoyed the resort and found the units spacious and accommodating.Our resort offers complimentary transportation both to the casinos and resorts in the area, as well as throughout our 20 acres and 648 villas.

We also just opened a new restaurant on property for the convenience of our owners and guests.

We look forward to your return stay.

Sincerely,A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Knob Noster, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband, 20 yr old daughter and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor for 4 nights. There are no elevators, but we didn't mind. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; there were just a few things we think could have been better. I think the best way to summarize is by describing the good, the not-so-good and the ugly. The Good: 1) The location is great: Very quiet, but you can walk to the strip in about 15 minutes. 2) Transportation to the strip: A shuttle bus runs every hour until just after midnight to take you to Ballys. Other shuttles take you to the Venetian and New York, New York, but do not run as often. When returning to the property, the drivers will actually drop you off at your unit, instead of just the lobby, if you want. There are shuttles to Fremont street and shopping that need to be reserved 24 hours in advance. We did not use these, so cannot give any feedback. 3) Cleanliness and size of the unit: Our unit was very clean and very spacious. We had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with a full size kitchen. We really enjoyed the balcony! It was so nice to sit outside, drinking coffee or wine. 4) Activities: A variety of activities such as bingo and crafts are offered throughout the day. My daughter and I participated in only the bingo, which was a lot of fun--won a $5.00 gift certificate. 5) The Staff! EVERYONE on the staff was very nice and accommodating. Here is an example: Various staff members use golf carts to get around the property for maintenance, housekeeping, etc. When they saw us out walking, they would always ask if we wanted a ride somewhere--and they did it with a smile! The resort has a pool for each cluster of buildings. We were so busy that we didn't even get to use the pool, but they looked nice. The Not-So-Good: The property advertises an indoor and outdoor bar and grill. We couldn't figure out where the outdoor area was--we never saw anyone sitting outside eating or drinking. There really is no poolside bar--if that is important to you. The indoor area has no personality--definitely needs some decorating. My daughter and I tried to eat breakfast at the grill one day. We left after waiting for over 10 minutes just trying to get someone to acknowledge us. From what I understand, the bar and grill has just been recently remodeled, so hopefully they will work out the bugs. 1) The Ugly: Our unit needed updating: The furniture was in good repair, but worn. The water pressure in our bathroom was horrible. One of the shower fixtures was broken--but it still worked. There are artificial plants and flowers in the units which looked very old and dusty. The good news is that there was construction going on when we were there, so hopefully the units are getting updated. Despite the not-so-good and the ugly, the good came out on top, and we hope to stay here again the next time we visit Vegas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Judy S
Thank you for your candid feedback on our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious villas, as well the the staff and services provided by the resort. We provide complimentary transportation almost on an hourly basis to various resorts and casinos in the area, as well as downtown and the outlet mall.

We just opened our new restaurant, which has sliding doors that open to the pool area. We hope that you will return to enjoy the food, as well as the service. I am happy to inform you that we started a full renovation of the resort this year and have completely remodeled four of the resort's buildings. We expect to contitnue to renovate 170 more villas per year and complete the project soon.

Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am physically disabled. I booked this trip to Las Vegas in March through American Airlines. Our stay was from May 13th thru May 17th. The very same day I booked the room I called the front desk to inform the staff that I would need a first floor unit because I am mostly wheelchair bound. The person agreed. I called a few days later to also request a unit very close to or in the main building so I could be as close to the front as able. Again I explained the reason for this request & the person agreed. Flash forward to May 13th. After a very long trip, we arrived at the front desk about 12:30pm. Our room was not in the main building, not close to the main building, and there was no way my daughter could push me there. When asked what had happened to our requested room, we were told it was mistakenly given away. There were golf carts that staff used to transport people to the more distant units. In fairness to the support staff, they were very nice and tried to help They were hard workers..The unit we were given was very pretty.Unfortunately, putting a shower chair in the bathroom that doesn't fit the tub makes it hard to sit in the tub unless you hang your legs out the side. There were bars for brief transport to commode but there were very slick areas of tile and my daughter who is not physically handicapped almost fell.In front of the sofa there were more slick tiles. I did not feel safe trying to stand or walk a few steps. On a more positive note I enjoyed the two shuttles to the Venetian and Bally's. By the last day, I was more than ready to go home. I did the express checkout over the phone. I was told there was a balance on my account of 258.00. After explaining that there was not ANY balance, since I paid American Airlines in full, I was put on hold. Another mistake I guess, because the person came back and said, sorry, you're right. Imagine that. I know this review might sound bitter, but surely it could have been a nicer stay for us if the front desk had simply honored my request. IT is not easy for me to type,due to my handicap but I don't want anyone else to go thru this.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JLLFlorida
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear JLLFlorida,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Andover, New Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Not a 'strip hotel / casino', but a great place to stay. I walked to most everything I had to attend while out there, which is great for burning off those midnight buffets binges! Staff was friendly and informed. Room was perfectly appointed and clean. No problems at all. Each block of bldgs had it's own pool and gym. Very nice!

Restaurant on site (Gold mine) had good food and a friendly, fun staff who knew your name and what you had to drink. Basic food, but fresh and delicious (fish tacos were good).

It is not as hectic or chic as the strip, but if you are looking for a great location with some relaxation included, you'll be happy you stayed here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank MayorMike12
Thank you for your kind words on our resort and staff services.

We have the most complete complimentary shuttle service to other resorts and casinos, as well as downtown and the outlet mall and a great location next to the strip.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return stay.

Moncton
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here last November with member of our hockey team. We had a 2 bedroom on the third floor and our friends had 3 one bedrooms all on the first floor, We really like it , you have everything you need and could want . Even some quiet time away from those casinos. The pools were great and even a real hot tub with hot water.
I like it , if you have a car you can park it inside the resort . You can t go wrong staying here .
As we were leaving we noticed they where working on other units . It looks like the owners want to make this work and we would stay here again.
Your not just in Vegas , you have a resort with pools and bbq and hot tubs . A real great resort

Room Tip: we had our room on the 3 floor facing the pools
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 8fortheroad
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed our resort facilities and our spacious villas. We look forward to your retun visit.

We do value your patronage.
Agoura Hills, California, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm staying at this hotel right now, actually, and I feel I've gotten enough of the experience to share my thoughts while they're still fresh. I'm going to focus on a few things.

Bedoom: 2-bedroom suites get two big LG LCD flat-panel TV's - I think they're 42". Which is really awesome (one in the living area, one in the master bedroom). The beds are hard but I think comfortable, though the pillows are definitely a little too springy / cheap feeling. There's plenty of storage, and the king beds are king beds - plenty of room to sprawl.

Kitchen: It is indeed full-sized, and if you're looking to eat on a budget, you can definitely get by cooking in your room, which is cool. Coffee maker, cutlery, plates and glasses, a fridge/freezer, microwave, and stove / oven are all included.

Bathroom: The master bath comes with a giant (and I do mean giant) soaking tub, though it's not a jacuzzi or anything, and it's far from fancy. It's a pretty standard fiberglass tub, though there is real tile on the walls. The bath spigot is perfectly ordinary, and the handle for controlling the water, while it looks nice, rattled around in the wall and was pretty difficult to use. Basically, it looks a lot nicer than it actually is, but that's Vegas for you. The master bath has plenty of counter space, but the toilet, which is in its own little closet, is hilariously cramped. I'm a big guy, but I think most people would have an issue with their knee hitting the toilet paper roll holder on the wall. I removed the paper / cylinder and put them on the floor, because there was just no way to do things otherwise.

Noise: This place isn't very well insulated compared to the mega-tower hotels on the strip. Air traffic is very much audible, and the noises of other guests can be made out sometimes, as well. That said, it didn't bother me enough to be considered problematic. If you're sensitive, though, I'd bring earplugs just in case.

Pool: There are two pools, and while neither are very large, they both look relatively new and clean.

Things to do: There's an arcade room. They have air hockey and ping pong and other stuff. Kind of neat, especially if you have kids.

Location: You're about a 3/4 mile walk from the Venetian / Palazzo, and about a half mile from Harrah's. The former two obviously have lots to do and explore, so that's nice if you're here on vacation. There are free shuttles to and from the hotel as well, and you're given a schedule on check-in.

Wall outlets: I travel with a lot of electronics, so this is a concern to me. There are tons of wall outlets in the kitchen / living area. Leave your power strip at home unless you just want all your plugs centralized.

Restaurant: The food at the on-site restaurant is very much Sysco cafeteria grade. It's what I'd expect to get in a hospital or a cruise ship lunch buffet. It's perfectly edible, but this isn't somewhere you'll want to go to actually have a meal, so much as a drink and a snack. I had the nachos, they were a tick above Taco Bell quality, but not by much. For the price, I wasn't terribly disappointed. My friend had the "Mediterranean Salad," which was $12 I think, and I'd say it was worth maybe half that. Drinks, like everywhere in Vegas, aren't cheap - a Jack and diet coke cost me 8 bucks, and came in an old plastic cup. I'm guessing this part of the hotel is due for renovation / relaunch at some point. This is your room service food, too, so keep that in mind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank David R
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at our resort,. We appreciate your honest feedback and appreciate you ranking us as a good value proposition when staying in Las Vegas.

Most guests appreciate the additional space, as well as the amenities and services provided. Yor comments on the pool restaurant were noted and shared with our F&B manager. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant and enjoyable, please let us know.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just spend a week at this resort. Very nice two bedroom, two bathroom suite. We were on the 3rd floor but didn't mind because you needed the exercise after eating on the strip all day. Love they laundry room. Very nice kitchen will all appliances with everything that you needed. Pools were very nice. We didn't use the shuttle, we rented a car to go to Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon. Plenty of parking places. Staff was very nice when we didn't check in until 3am. Gym was nice. Would go back to this resort. Felt safe leaving the kids walk to the pool by themself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jordace
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your week stay at the resort and that you especially enjoyed the resort's accommodations,services and staff. The resort provides for a safe and secure environment, especially for families and I am glad the you felt comfortable with your children walking around the resort.
We look forward to your return stay!