We stayed there through an offer / invitation from HI Club Vacations to look at their timeshare resort on arrival date of October 14, 2012. To sum things up quickly, WE WERE NOT IMPRESSED ! In fact, we were impressed in a negative way. Let me explain below.
It all started a few months before we arrived; we were INUNDATED with 10 + phone calls and emails to remind us of the penalty of a no show; and constant phone rhetoric from HI about "you must keep this appointment" or we will charge you $150 per night times 7 nights. Enough already ! I had to request that they put me on a "no call list". This finally stopped the calls.
Upon arrival, we were again badgered with negative hostility about damaging the room and that we would be charged for damages.We were told that a $250 hold would be put on our credit card, just in case. Please treat your Holiday Inn guests as adults, not as children !! I am sure that Mr. Wilson, the founder of HI would not be very happy here.
Some other negative issues we had with the room and the policies are :
1. No shower cap available for my wife
2. I asked at check in for help with luggage ( we were on the second floor) -- still waiting.
3. There should be paper and pencil by the phone in the rooms.
4. Charge for ALL out going calls, including 800 numbers. -- very tacky.
5. Only one tea and one coffee set up for the full stay - we were told to buy your own. This is not good for HI to promote this as a RESORT. It is more like a
upgraded apartment complex.
6. Only one usable mirror in the entire unit.
7. The room is so small that you can not open the refrigerator without moving the dinning room table / chairs. The bathroom was so small that it could only
accommodate one adult at a time.
8. No towel bars in bathroom.
9. The tub / shower was not good for older adults as it was very difficult to step over and into the tub. There was no grab bar IN THE TUB. The shower head was
poor as it had no pressure.
Now for the worst:
The final insult was that when we departed, they required us to strip the bed, put all linens and towels in the tub, take out the garbage,and sweep all the floors.
By the time my wife and I accomplished all of this, we needed a shower and a fresh change of clothes. I, again, can not believe that Mr. Wilson, or for that
matter, any hotel management, would expect the guests to exit the unit with this approach. THIS NOT A POSITIVE IMAGE FOR ANY HOLIDAY INN GUEST to experience !!
Your experience may differ than ours, but this is just what happened to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy spacious hotel-suite/condo-style 1 and 2 bedroom villas from 515 to 1,490 square feet complete with living room, fully equipped kitchen, and in-unit washer/dryer. Wi-Fi, parking, and a resort shuttle that stops along the Vegas Strip are also free for all guests! Guests can lounge by five heated pools and hot tubs and grab a bite at the Gold Mine Bar & Grill, serving breakfast through late night. Families traveling with kids will love the activity center, game room, and barbequing at poolside grilling stations with seating. You can also practice your short game on our putting green or workout at our two fitness centers. A short walk away is The LINQ, just south of the Venetian Hotel. Its outdoor plaza features dining, shopping, and entertainment. For a fun Las Vegas trip, look no further than Holiday Inn Club Vacations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, HotelPower and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas