Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
2,415 results
All reviewssummer baytime sharefull kitchenoff the stripwasher and dryergas fireplaceshuttle serviceliving roomfive poolskoval lanewalk in closetno elevatorboth bedroomsrci exchangeonsite restaurantlaundry roomthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Recently stayed here in a 2bdrm/2bath unit on 2nd floor in bldg. #18. Excellent service from the moment we got out of the limo. Quick check-in and very accomodating for our request for 2 units close as we were traveling with my dad. Bellman brought luggage to room---so no lugging around the luggage in 110 degree heat. And it was HOT all week. 116 degrees the highest it got for the 7 days we were there. This heat was tough to take, so not much walking at all. Just too hot. Used the shuttle only for Fremont Street Experience---as most of the schedule did not work for us. Sign up early for the shuttle for downtown.

The unit was beautiful and large and we had no issues what-so-ever. Did a towel exchange 1 day and they were quick to respond. Used the golf cart service lots of times and they were always there quick. This resort is very relaxing and quiet and a great retreat from the strip.
The bellhops are quick to accomodate for a cab---and with a smile.

My father had a 1 bdrm unit and it was beautiful too. Resort has 24/7 security at the gate. We were unable to enjoy the pool as it was just too hot to even be in the shade outside for any amount of time the week we were there.

No pressure on time share meeting at all. A simple "no thanks " from the beginning was all it took.

This resort is an excellent place to stay and a great location just 1 block from the strip.

Room Tip: If possible, avoid a bldg. in the front of the resort. Too close to traffic and construction noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank suzeeqNy
Reviewed July 24, 2012

terrible rooms , air con that didnt work right and a staff problem made this vaction a waste of my time, most to the staff here seems to have a attitude problem, some are really good and some like the moron that yelled at me one night while walking back to my room need to look for a better job, I found that a lot of the staff here seemed more interested in getting tips than doing a good job, the room we had was poor at best , not clean we we checked in never got fresh towels , etc, you could not walk bare foot in the room as your feet got black

Room Tip: if you do use this place make sure you get a updated room not a old one I think the one we got was being used in the fiftes
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank louieandbetty
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for one week in early July. The property is one block off the strip on Koval, right behind Harrahs and Imperial Palce.

Checking was fast and easy. They allowed me a 5 hour early check in. Thy also met all of my requests for a 3rd floor unit overlooking a pool close to the front. I was in unit 8303. The checking staff were very nice and accomodating. Very little timeshare sales pressure.

The propert is gated and has 24/7 security. The exterior is maintained nice by the property staff. The pools were clean and well maintained. The rest of the property was also well kept.

My unit was large and clean. It had all newer appliances and furnishings. It was easy to tell the housekeeping staff took pride in their work. The unit had two flat screen tv's, a king sized bed and a walkin closet. The bathrooms were also very nice with. Giant tub.

I had a rental car and did not use the shuttles. The location made getting around in a car very easy.

The only problem I experienced during my trip was the wifi was very slow.

All in all this facility was great. The quiet retreat from the strip to this property was a great hidden value of this property. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The property location was also a big plus.

I will definitely return to this property on my nex trip.

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd floor unit over looking a pool. Also rent a car so you can do other things.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jersey_Jive
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here with some friends in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit. Very comfortable, with a full kitchen, equipped with essentials and a full living room and balcony. Enjoyed the pool with adjacent coffe shop/restaurant, bar and restrooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think something up front near Koval or around the main pool would be best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I met up in Vegas with another couple of friends to celebrate hubby's 40th birthday. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom condo here and the room itself was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We loved this room. The kitchen was unbelievably gorgeous, and the living areas were so comfortable. It was a great home away from home with the type of style and comfort that I would expect out of something I'd painstakingly decorated myself.

The master bedroom had an arched entryway to the bathroom and an oversized jacuzzi tub. It also had a huge walk-in closet and plenty of space. Our unit overlooked one of the smaller pool areas which had its own hot tub there away from the main pool. It was a nice, quiet relaxing place and we were quite relieved to see that there were no kids either in this pool.

We worked out in the exercise room each day which was well-equipped with a few treadmils, a few ellipticals, some nautilus equipment, some mats and some free weights. Overall the resort was great and was a short 5-10 minute walk to the Venetian if you did not want to take the shuttle. The shuttle was free and they were very courteous... they would drop you off at your front door and when we checked in the driver even carried all of our bags up to the third floor for us. The service in this place was outstanding.

MY ONE NEGATIVE POINT... The surrounding neighborhood for this place was quite unsavory looking and I was concerned about walking around there at night. Particularly the guys in our group wanted to check out some of the local bars and clubs in the immediate area. I understand that there was a lot of construction going on but I'm not sure if this is a place I'd feel too good about even after all of the construction is gone. There were a lot of homeless people and I felt that I needed to be carefully aware of my surroundings even when I was out with my husband during the daytime.

Stay here, enjoy the resort, use the shuttle and your experience here will be outstanding. Walk around the immediate area at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple