“Summer Bay Resort LasVegas”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort
Ranked #38 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Had a great time at this time share condo resort. Staff very friendly and efficient.

1  Thank phylee3
cyndiriegerpeffer, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Desert Club Resort. We truly appreciate your feedback; we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Las Vegas

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend. The Resort is a VERY short drive from the Strip - close enough to be convenient, far enough away to be peaceful.
Our rooms were clean, well stocked (extras of everything, towels, blankets, etc).
The only problem we experienced was with the shuttle driver who picked up guests for a scheduled late night pick-up at Bally's. After allowing WAY too many people onto the shuttle, once we were all seated and ready to go, the driver announced that only 20 could fit and that about 5 people would have to get off the shuttle, this separated our group (we volunteered) and when one of our party stepped off the shuttle, telling the driver clearly, "I'll be right back, I've got to get the room key from my friend.", the driver promptly closed the door behind him and drove away. We were shocked! Once we arrived at the hotel, the last group on the shuttle told the driver they thought it was the shuttle to Rio. (something he should have ascertained BEFORE driving away.) Last I saw, the ladies from Rio were walking through the parking lot to get back to Bally's because the driver kicked them off!
Otherwise, this was an amazing place, friendly staff (except for Joel the bus driver), beautiful pools and facility! LOVED IT! We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jesantinez

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I have addressed your concerns with our management team.
I hope the next time when you come to Las Vegas; you will make the Desert Club Resort your home away from home.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We are in the middle of a 3 week road trip across California and headed over to Vegas for a 3 night stay.
We booked the summer bay resort based on reviews and a tight budget. Having paid $136 for the 3 nights I wasn't expecting much, but I have to say I was amazed at the apartment we had. Fully fitted kitchen area, king bed, bath you could drown a horse in, and full ac.
The pool area was great in the 110 deg c heat. With clean towels for guests.
Probably about a 20 min walk to strip through the Imperial palace, which is fine in the day, but you have to walk through a bit of wasteland , which was a bit unwise with our kids after dark ( even though we didn't encounter any problems). However the hotel runs a free shuttle to various points on the strip which was fab.
To summarise Caesars palace it ain't, but for the money you'll have to go a long way to neat it.
Recommend it to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for writing such a great review on the Desert Club Resort. I hope on your next visit to Las Vegas, NV the Desert Club Resort will be your home away from home.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

This place is a real home away from home. We came to Vegas for our family vaction and truly enjoyed our accomodations. I have a 6 yr old son and 10 year old daughter. My mother in law joined us on this trip. The one midweek cleaning went pretty well and the staff was great in every aspect. This place will only get better as the main pool finally partially opened during our stay. It is really beautiful and when the clubhouse opens it will be even better. Yes, this is an older resort but the upkeep is tremendous. I was in an owner suite because of RCI exchange, but I hear that the rentals are nice as well. My suite looked just like the nice one on the website photos. I got a handicap suite to get in sooner and didn't really have use for the enormous tub that comes in the regular ones. Besides, it put me on the first floor and the master shower was really nice with the removable shower head. The hall bath had a rain shower. The living room had 55 inch flat panel tv while the bedrooms had 42 inch flat sacreens on the walls.

We rented a car and visited the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, and Hoover Dam as well as other hotels and Freemont street. We also took advantage of the complimentary shuttle a few times. The shuttle works perfect. The activities for the kids were great and the activty staff was great. One morning they were outside cleaning our windows; I was impressed. The property was kept very clean and the workers were doing a great job. We used three of the pools and they were all pretty decent. They were open 24hrs but we used them during the day and late evenings, and they were kept clean and organized. I did use the barbecue grill one time and it went okay. Hawaiian Night was a great show of Hula dancers and fire eaters Tuesday evening and the mid-day pool party on Thursday was alot of fun.

The bed in the master bedroom sunk in pretty bad on one side and we let the staff know at check out. Sleeping was not unbearable and hopefully they will fix that issue. The only other issue was the phone was not working. I used our cell phones so it wasn't a problem. If they charge to make local calls I would not use it anyway. The internet was not working because of the phones, but when I called the front desk I was given the access to the internet via staff access so I commend the staff member for that.

This place is located a long block behind Harrahs and the Flamingo. You could walk it within 15 minutes, but if you moniter the shuttle times you can get further down the strip and faster to one of the stops (Venetian, Bally's, or New York New York). Go to Downtown Las Vegas to Fremont Experience to truly enjoy your visit. The shuttle goes there. Also , it goes to the grocery store. We drove to Walmart for groceries and it helped with food expenses. I could go on and on about this place away from home, but what you should know is that they are on the way to greatness and I would not hesitate to come back. Thank You Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas!!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

When I originally booked this resort through RCI, I thought the photos on trip advisor and their website did it no justice. I figured it's Vegas, if you're not staying at one of the big boys nothing can really compare.

First off, when you drive to the resort, the grounds just outside of the resort actually look pretty shabby. When I visited I think there were a few abandoned parking lots near by, and some construction going on next door. As I pulled up I though, this is going to be one of those RCI resorts that is suitable, but nothing special. Boy was I wrong.

When you first check in, you're met by a security guard at the front gate. The guards they employ are seniors, or kids and they don't even stop you. They're almost there just to tell you where to park. If you drive through without stopping (as we did after the first day) they just wave to you. I had a friend call some escorts over, they too had no problem driving by the security guards. Long story short, these guys are there to show presence. Still a good thing.

Check in is in a nice lobby, where you can look outside and see a small pool with a waterfall. There are several pools on the property, from what I've seen this pool is the nicest on the property (though small). Pools are open 24 hrs by the way. There's a gate code to get in them.

Check-in smooth, quick, pleasant. Upon pulling up to our building and room I couldn't help but notice the amount of maintenance men in golf carts swarming the property. This is one of those properties that make it clear that the owners take great pride in keeping their property in tip top shape. Every day you'd see swarms of maintenance men in golf carts.

The room, beautiful! How many times have you checked into a hotel or resort even and found they still have old school TVs, not flat screens. Old outdated furniture etc? This place looked like someone had upgraded it within the year. Flat screen TV in the living room and bedroom. Granite countertops in the kitchen, updated cabinets. Everything looked new. Check out my photos. Very updated and obviously recently renovated room.

The room had everything you could think of, but what I really love is when properties make sure you have all the little things too. Example, salt, pepper, sugar, coffee, creamer, dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, clothes detergent. I know most of that is standard stuff. But everything I thought, hey I wish I had....viola! I found it. Even slippers and a sewing kit. Though 2 thirty year old guys don't plan on sewing, it was a nice touch.

All I can say is this place truly exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If they say you are in building 15 suite 210 there could be two building 15s. One building Ste 100...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank derrickonline

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I've visited Las Vegas numerous times and usually stayed in the Bellagio for $300+ a night. This visit was with my whole family of 5 and I was able to stay in a 2 bedroom suite with 2 baths, kitchen and laundy room for about a third of that. Yes, you're not on the strip, but you're only a block or so back from it. Plus, they have a very accommodating shuttle fleet that takes you to several places on the strip as well as picks you up until around midnight.

I only had 2 complaints; their wireless internet is not working and their cleaning staff threw away my daughter's retainers when cleaning the room. That will run the cost up to the Bellagio range.

4  Thank davidkath

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Summer Bay for an exchanged timeshare. We had stayed there two years ago. The two bedroom units were well equipped and the laundry this time was next to the kitchen instead of being outside on the balcony area. There were flat screen televisions, a nice walk in closet, and a large tub. The main pool was not open the entire week, which was over 107 degrees most of the week but a few others were. We didn't visit the others for they were spread out around the complex. There was construction two years and ago, and I guess it will finally be done in two years with an activity center at the pool and other services. The security staff was available round the clock, especially at the entrance. There is a shuttle but it wasn't close to our building so we were glad we had rented a car. All in all, the staff was helpful, the unit was clean and comfortable, and there are activities for children.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PSS_10

Thank you for writing such a great review for the Desert Club Resort. I hope on your next visit to Las Vegas, NV the Desert Club Resort will be your home away from home. We also thrive on being the best in customer service that Las Vegas has to offer.