“Wynn Is A Winner”

$89.99*
and up
Las Vegas Bar Crawl
Ranked #8 of 458 things to do in Las Vegas
Useful Information: Drycleaning Service, Swimming Pool, Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room, Hot tub, Business Center with Internet Access, Meeting rooms, Non-Smoking Rooms, Restaurant
Manchester,England
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Wynn Is A Winner”
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Just completed a four night stay at the Wynn Hotel and it was fantastic. The rooms were large with great views and flat screen tv in both the bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom was huge and a pleasure to use. The pool area was just amazing, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

5 Thank David M

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nottingham, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Simply the finest hotel in Vegas and probably America”
Reviewed January 1, 2009

I have stayed in Wynn three times now. I must however make it clear that I have always stayed in the Tower Suites ( with its private entrance on Sands Ave) So what I write about the suites and the room service is not relevent for the resort rooms.

The first time I stayed was in 2006 when the resort had been operating for just one year. We had booked a Resort room for a reasonable rate, not knowing the Tower Suites even existed. Due to the change of plan in the Grand Canyon we decided to arrive in Vegas a night early. I called Wynn reservations who didn't have an free resort rooms. The kind lady upgraded us to a Parlour Suite in the Tower Suites. Usually these rooms cost hundreds of dollars per night, and we paid just $160.00!

Upon arrival the valet was excellent and every time we went back to our car they had put complimentary bottles of chilled mineral water in the cup holders. Nice touch.

The rooms are the largest and most oppulent of any hotel I have stayed in. The Parlour Suite is large enough for anybody, with a separate lounge, powder rooms, walk in closet, seperate WC, rain down shower and a huge spa tub. The drapes are automatic and the lounge and bedroom have huge HD plasmas and even the bathroom as a small LCD TV. The in room internet is expensive but usefull.

For the most luxiuous and amazing Vegas experience stay in a Salon Suite. These are the size of most three bed homes. The lounge includes a huge wet bar, two sofa's, dining table and desk area. The beds are large and have excelent quality sheets. The bathrooms are the same size as the Parlour Suite, but a different lay out.

The decor is tastefull and has lovely prints , many of which Steve Wynn owns the originals.

The tower suites has its own elevators. I would not worry which floor I was on, as the elevators never take too long to arrive, due to the decreased volume of people in this part of the hotel.

Room service is great. Try a club sandwich, avoid the pizza. One problem was Wynn contacted me to asked if I wanted drinks on arrival. I asked for fresh fruit juice. They then tried to charge me $30 for a litre! I had this removed from the bill.

Restaurants that I know to be good are Tableau, great for breakfast or light lunch overlooking the pool. SW Steakhouse serves the best steak I have ever tasted. Contact the restaurant early as reservations are needed. The Country Club does equally nice steak, and overlooks the 18th hole on the Wynn Golf Course. Zoozocrakers is nice for lunch and a beer.

The casino is as good as any in Vegas, I'm not a big gamer so I won't write what I don't know about.

The pool area is lovely and has a separate pool for Tower Suite guests, although the pool is smaller than the main one. You can reserve cabannas with Plasma TV's in if you wish. The bar on the main pool is a nice place to enjoy an afternoon Corona.

I don't play golf but a friend has played the course - very expensive but said it was the finest course he ever played, and has played some of the best courses in the UK atleast. First rate service, I imagine however in the summer it would be too hot to play mid day.

Tryst is worth a visit if you enjoy a nightclub. Again it is hard to get in, try name dropping senior execs at the hotel if you can't get on the guest list. Works for me. Drinks are expensive so have a few before you arrive. The women staff are very attractive and have a habbit of reliving you of your money in return for sambuca! The music is great, and unlike most UK clubs there is plenty of seating and secluded booths. The dance floor is not huge and extends outside into a lagoon, next to a waterfull. It takes your breath away.

Overall Steve Wynn is the King of Vegas. He built Mirage, TI, Bellagio and now Wynn, and Encore. Each time he builds a hotel is makes it better. So why stay at Bellagio when clearly Wynn is a much better hotel. In my opinion its only rival is Palazzo.

I know many people who didn't take my advice and stayed at Bellagio because in the UK it is well known from Oceans Eleven. When they return they have told me - next time i'm staying at Wynn. The beauty of the building is first rate, just about the only credible architecture in Las Vegas.

Once you go you will return for years. I have been three times since 2006, and am planning a trip this fall to try Encore. Good rates are on Expedia, but if you want the chance of an upgrade book direct and give the check in staff a $50 bill and ask for a tower suites with a spa tub. It should work, if not they will give you back and probably upgrade you to a strip view on a high floor.

7 Thank vacationloveruk
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Please keep in mind that this is for the "attraction of Wynn Las Vegas" not the hotel.

The outside of Wynn is beautiful. While it is no Fountains of Bellagio, the water falls are probably one of the most photographed places on the Strip. The landscaping in gorgeous and the natural light inside makes you feel really good. I can't have a trip to Las Vegas without visiting the Wynn Waterfalls for a picture. The Wynn sign is also one of the most original on the Strip. I could sit for a very long time just watching it move up and down.

2 Thank vegas_101Canada
Nottingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We will be back”
Reviewed December 23, 2008

We stayed at the Wynn in November 2008. The rooms were large, clean tidy and we had a wonderful view of the Strip. The gambling was on a par with the other big casinos and the pools and spa were super. Staff were very friendly and eager to help. A great stay and we are going back.

2 Thank TheRicesNottingham
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“gamblers stay away”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Nice Hotel, The rooms are fine, no complaints here , but have been gambling in Vegas, for years, and was amazed when I was asked to pay for my drinks when playing Video poker at Bar, Stopped playing, and will take my gambling dollars elsewhere. for this reason, this will be my last stay at the Wynn.
If they cant comp a few drinks, they wont have my custom. There are`plenty of other Casinos on the strip , which will

3 Thank j0llyjenks

Been to Wynn Las Vegas Casino? Share your experiences!