“Overly Exceeded My Expectations!!!”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #106 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I was looking for rooms "on the strip" and found prices for the weekend to be a bit much. I looked on TripAdvisor and stumbled upon this off the strip hotel. BEST hotel I have ever stayed at in Vegas. Away from the smoke of the strip but close enough to drive to the strip. Recommended for people with a car to get to the strip. For those looking for a retreat hotel -- THE BEST!!! It's remotely located enough to have a secluded feel but close enough to shops and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Traveling through and needed somewhere to stay for one night that was "dog friendly". Had never heard of Element, a new chain in the Westin Brand but they allowed pets so we booked.

WOW! For less than $100 we got a mini-suite, queen bed room with FULL kitchen. Extremely clean and nicely furnished! Breakfast was free and lncluded the usual fare along with hot items (eggs and pancakes), yogurt "smoothies", and their "signature" english muffin sandwiches of egg whites, tomato and cheese.

My husband usually runs in the mornings, rarely using fitness rooms as their equipment is usually so bad. Surprise...the equipment was new and of good quality!
I also liked that they had hanging, locked shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower, instead of the plastic, one use bottles.

The only issue we had was that their street wasn't in our GPS, so I called the hotel. The hotel is on Discovery Drive, a cross street of Town Center Drive, but the woman working couldn't tell us what "hundred block" of Town Center they were at, or which way we should turn from the road we were on, so we ended up turning the wrong way. I had to call the hotel again, and another woman tried to use MapQuest to help us find the hotel as she didn't know where we were on Town Center even after I gave her cross streets! FYI - they are near 3800 South Town Center.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I was travelling with my 16 year old son and didn't know our schedule on the road trip home so my son suggested that we try Hotwire.com... We found this hotel under a three and a half stars for a great price so thought we would give it a try...
Now location was nowhere near the strip that we could see, however after walking into our room this evening...Who cares?!!
We checked in only 10 minutes after we booked at 11pm looking like something a cat dragged in.. The staff was welcoming and NOT snooty, a great start...
And the room...wow... big, immaculate, brand new, bedding is nothing less than what I expect from a Starwood Hotel which means down filled duvets, feathery mattress pads and so many pillows!! Heavan! Shower is huge with rain shower head! And a large flat screen TV topped it off for my son! Nice touch guys!
Thank you so much for making our stay wonderful!
Will be posting photos soon :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed in a studio king for Friday and Saturday nights. The staff was wonderful, very welcoming and helpful, but not intrusive. The lobby is spacious and comfortable.

I was impressed with the materials and finishes the room. They were quality metals, wool, wood, etc. not like the office furniture-like stuff at places like Residence Inn. The room was super-clean and I had no qualms about using the dishes and other kitchen equipment. The free Wifi was one of fastest I've used.

Keep in mind the hotel is located in the "big box store land" suburbia part of Las Vegas. I picked this hotel because I was traveling with a pet. I could have stayed at the Westin right off the Strip, but the rates here (~$75/night) were too good to pass up.

I also second the reviewer below about the highway noise, you can hear it but it isn't loud enough to be disruptive. My only two complaints are the volume of the A/C and the water pressure. I gave the A/C a pass because it was one of the hottest days of the year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo