“lovely hotel, right off the freeway”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #110 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Element is a lovely property, it is a "green" hotel. Breakfast is beyond the continental fare. Pancakes, egg sandwiches, smoothies, much more. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is a park right up the street to take a walk or play tennis, a coffee house across the street. Very clean property.

The only down side, we pulled out the sleeper sofa and the mattress was disgusting, the hotel moved us immediately. The staff was lovely and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much including the breakfast and our heavenly beds. We are sorry to hear that the pull out mattress was not in the best shape and glad to we could relocate you to another room. Thanks again for staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Element Las Vegas Summerlin

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Element this week. First off, the gent at the front desk, Grant I believe, was a classy and very knowledgeable guy. I saw him work an escalation with a customer, and he had it down - knew what to say, and how to say it. He offered me a couple of good recommendations on a show to see, and we talked restaurants my last night in town. He is an asset to the hotel, no doubt about it.

I was provided a very nice room on the 4th floor, a one bedroom suite with a couple of qualifications. First, I was right next to the maintenance room, so it was a bit noisy. I'm a heavy sleeper, so for me, not a big deal. Had my wife been with me, yeah, that would've been a big deal. Second, my windows faced East - so that meant that i was up with the sun because the shades are decent, but hardly blackout. Because I was working, this wasn't a huge problem, but had I been out until 3 or 4 in the morning, I would've been very unhappy with all of the light in the room.

Rooms are very modern, very functional and reasonably comfortable. Full size fridge/freezer, two burner cook-top and good sized microwave. Great bathroom, with an oversize shower and the counter space was good too. The sitting room was functional, nothing special, but nice enough to sit on, and use the TV...except that the TV reception was sporadic in this room, which I advised the front desk of this morning on my way out. I didn't need it, so no big deal. The Wi-Fi was great, which is not always the case at some hotels.

I thought that it was very reasonably priced too. I'd stay again, but I would ask for a room facing West, and away from the elevators and/or maintenance rooms.

Room Tip: Facing West and/or away from the maintenance room on the floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and that enjoyed our rooms and WiFi. We are also happy to hear that you had a good experience with our front desk. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Beautiful eco friendly hotel off of the strip. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable, and nice breakfast free of charge. It's located in a nice quiet area also. I would highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including the free breakfast and our quiet location. Thank again!

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

For shame. A hotel that bills itself as healthy has almost nothing someone on a low salt, low fat, no refined sugar diet can have for breakfast. Unidentified dry cereal, pastries, bacon cheese eggs on muffins, only whole and 2 percent milk. No oatmeal, not even packages of instant. I had a banana. Could have had an apple. That's it.

Otherwise the hotel would be outstanding. Very nice gym. Extremely clean. Spacious well laid out room.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DDPTexas
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear that you were mostly satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We have a number of healthy options for breakfast including egg white sandwiches with tomato, corn flakes, granola w/ toppings (raisins and dry apricots), low fat yogurt, and a variety of fruit. We are sorry that you might have missed these options. We hope you’ll give us the opportunity to provide a better breakfast experience if you choose to stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently stayed in a standard king room, top floor, overlooking the pool area. This included a nice view of the strip! The room was very clean and quiet (except for the ventilation humming in the bathroom, so we kept the door closed, which helped). The Element is not as luxurious as other Westin properties but does have the Heavenly beds which are great. Room layout was O.K. The large showerhead in the bath was fine, but I had to use the handheld to get enough pressure to rinse my hair. The kitchen area is well designed. I appreciated that the minifridge was not noisy. Breakfast was quite adequate with hot sandwiches, yogurt, pastries, smoothie shots and juice. I would suggest adding an oatmeal bar, but that's just my preference. The pool was very clean and somewhat warm, but not enough to entice me to swim. Pleasant relaxing music everywhere :-) In the evenings we took walks in the surrounding area. There is a community park about 2 minutes away. Overall, above average and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank omegam87
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for two days. This hotel is located about 10 miles from the strip. There is very little around it, a car is needed. It has an open modern lobby. No bell person. Check in went smoothly. They have carts like you would find in an airport to get your luggage to the room. Room was clean and well appointed. The only complaint I had was the sofa was a little hard for sitting. Romm had comfortable bedding. nice size bathroom and a well equip kitchen with a full size refrigerator. The business center is open to the lobby and not enclosed in a room to itself. The fitness center was smaller and off the lobby Breakfast was free and plentiful. The first morning they served breakfast burrito, bagels, pastries, fruit, and juice. The second morning, scramble egg mcmuffin, bagels, pastries, fruit and juice. The burrito was the best. The staff was welcoming and helpful. If we returned to LV and want a hotel away from the action, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnlh

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback - we really appreciate it. We're happy to hear you liked your room and our breakfast options. Thanks for bringing the comfort of the couch to our attention. Take care!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room we stayed in was a 1 bedroom suite on the second floor with complete kitchenette - including a full size fridge, flat stove, sink and dishwasher. The king size bed took up most of the bedroom, and the living area was carved out with a comfortable sectional - and TVs were fit into the bedroom and the living area. On the surface storage space looks limited because you can't walk in with the idea that each space has one use. This is minimalist design, right down to multi-tasking pieces like cubes for seating and tables and a large cabinet on the inside that ultimately we had to stash our clothing and shoes in. Kept very clean, and once we figured out how to go with the design flow it was very comfortable. The shower is contained in glass and has a separate showerhead attachment you can take off the wall - it's not just the fixed thing. Breakfast is OK - not great, but not awful, and pretty generous for continental breakfast fare. The pool is essentially for wading and floating, good to lay out by but not enough for a workout. Another guest did tell me about his handicapped access room - for some reason his shower was only marked off by a curtain and when he used it, water drained out on the floor. This didn't happen with ours, but might be an important heads up for visitors using wheelchairs. The location is best if you rent a car; close enough to go in for all the fun of the Vegas Strip, but far enough away to get some peace and quiet. All the better if you prefer to hike. There are lots of chain stores and familiar comforts less than a mile away - and with the full kitchens, this presents a great opportunity to eat in and save some cash for the other attractions.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the 1 bedroom suite. It's the largest room type on the property.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple