“You get what you Pay for...”

Motel 6 Las Vegas - Tropicana
Ranked #174 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lancaster, California
“You get what you Pay for...”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

First off, I had two babies with me. I felt like I was staying in Tijuana, Mexico due to the bugs crawling in and out the rooms all night, I couldn’t even allow my children to play on the floor, let alone walk around. The room was really small. The bathroom towels had hair on them. The internet service I paid for, I had to re-enter the code every 5 minutes being disconnected from the internet. I have stayed at a motel 6 brand for years and this is the first and hopefully the last time I ever have to deal with something like that. We drove 4 hours from Lancaster, Ca only to be stuck in a very small room with little to any comfort at all. To top it off the beds were uncomfortable, the best thing about the room were the pillows.

Room Tip: Always remember everything comes with a price
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dominique M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Ringwood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for one night before a Grand Canyon trip. Group was staying at the Desert Rose nearby, but that was more than twice the price. Those who stayed at the Desert Rose said their rooms were not clean, they had trouble checking in and some other issues. My room at the Motel 6 was quiet and clean, and I got my wake up call just as I asked. It also seemed like they had redone the rooms recently, as they were quite clean and modern. A great value if you are looking for a place to rest your head. Pool wasn't bad either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jrzyrock
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We needed a hotel room after a late East to West Coast flight for a quick overnight before leaving Las Vegas the next morning. While updated, as promised, the room was small, crowded and plastic with stains in the bathroom. We went for clean, cheap and close and it wasn't worth saving the money. The front desk clerk said he was going to put our family of 4 on a "quiet side street." That quiet street ended up being a multiple lane road that faced a bus stop. The door and front window let in many noises. Police sirens rang all night and we heard them loud and clear what felt like every hour on the hour. It was a quick trip back to the airport for our rental car in the morning, so for that, we were relieved to leave this Motel 6 behind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Milano
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were travelling around for Arizona and Nevada and we stopped in Vegas. The Motel is basic. It has been recently renewed, and the room are clean but very small (we had a two beds room). The bathroom is in plastic, so is the shower, but clean and functioning.

You have to pay for each extra. Wifi is not included, the fridge is not included (and it costs really a lot) and arrives from an exteral supplier, it is not in the room!

No breakfast included (only a coffee till 10 a.m. in the nearby shop where they are friendly and they try to give it also out of that time).

The AC is too near the bed and it is really noising. At least we had many problems with it and in the first night we asked to change as it was not working well.

I think I would not come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fabry222
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent 5 nights here. We had a room overlooking the pool. The room had been refurbished and looked really nice. It was clean so I am not sure about other reviews. The bed was very comfortable. It is a large motel and close to the strip. The pool is one of the cleanest I have seen and we used it quite a bit. The motel is pet friendly and that makes a huge difference in where we choose to stay. It is within walking distance many casinos.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MovingOn4
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was one of the better Motel 6's that I've stayed in. Las Vegas Blvd is an easy walk and you can't beat the price here for the location! There are security guards roaming around on segway-like contraptions and they were very friendly and I never felt unsafe.

The room was a modern room which I'm not a fan of since the floors get dirty VERY easily and my dog slips too much on it but the room was clean and tidy.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Wifi was VERY weak when I was there but I was given a refund for it which was appreciated since I couldn't use it at all. This was apparently an anomaly.

Pool was VERY nice but too busy for my liking.

My one big negative-- there were a disproportionate number of handicapped parking spots (6-8) near our room-- and 1-2 if not none of the rooms were handicapped so we could not park in front of our room. Luckily we could park directly across from it. The parking is a bit weird.

Coffee at their adjacent store was terrible. But free.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Holly T
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a weekend and was accessible to the strip, the staff was welcoming and the pool is private! :) the only thing that bugged me was the fact they charge to use the microwave lol
Oh and there was a huge bug in the pool lol the location is quiet as well! The shower is roomy and the rooms are renovated nicely

• Stayed August 2012