Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #113 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Before checking into the Stratosphere I had called to check my reservation was connected. (I had booked through a travel website then added another night before my stay through the hotel) I also wanted to confirm I did have a king bed. The man on the phone promised me everything was good to go once I arrived.

Upon arriving I experienced the longest check in line EVER! Also the smell in the hotel, it reminded me of my grandma's house. (Old and musty.) After waiting forever, I finally reached the front of the line. The women at the desk proceeded to tell me I did not have a connecting reservation nor a king bed. I was furious. It then took her another half hour to fix everything. I finally got to my room in the select tower and it was just okay. I stayed in room 15-011 and had a view of the mountains.

Overall, the money I saved staying here I wasted on cabs going to the strip. If you plan on going to the strip a lot, DON'T STAY HERE! You can't walk anywhere and the area surrounding the hotel definitely wasn't the best. It is also hard to get cabs after 3AM.

This hotel is the perfect example of you get what you pay for. I should have known better.

Room Tip: Book in the select tower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our recent 3 night stay at the stratosphere was very affordable. We paid $39.95 for two of the nights and $89.95 for a weekend night. With a 25% discount on the buffet our cost was $15 pp and it's well worth it. The prime rib was rare, just how I like it. Service was excellent. The drawback was that it is so far from the original strip hotels. Solved that issue by taking the monorail.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked a good rate online but when we checked in, we were told the room had a dismal view of the side of another building so wouldn't it be nice to upgrade for only $25 a day extra. Since I'm having a family holiday, I decided to pay the extra but I wish I had checked the original room first.
As other reviewers have noted....it's a nice clean room but not even a coffee maker. There's a Starbucks on the main floor so it's an option....also McDonalds on the second floor.
We also had to pay a $14/day charge for "resort fee" which is just a rip-off. The gym is nasty....I did enjoy the pool though.

Room Tip: Check room before you book or pay for the upgrade. Swimming pool is on the 8th floor of the hotel to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, nice and clean but to far from the Strip. Well, we are used to walk but not in 105 degrees Fahrenheit at night! Booked the new and renovated part of the hotel on 24th floor. Fantastic view! The cleaninglady forgot to fill up with towels and soap. That was not good but everybody can make a mistake.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

For the cheap price of my booking it was OK, but I expected a whole lot more from this hotel, given all the good reviews I read here and there.
Very old accommodation facilities. Small room with such a small window overlooking a rooftop, smelled like cigarettes (for non-smokers it was hell). Ultra small bathroom. All in all I was absolutely dissatisfied with this hotel. Thank god it was for one night only.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

At first when we got here we were treated like kings very nice people....we got to our upgrade room it was nice then I and the couples of friends we went with on this trip started to have problems with me it started with first I went upstairs for a spa and the women there decided to take my watch off will when I finish I totally forgot about it went back and they said they didn't have it and that maybe a other person took it I was piss I report it to the front desk and they send me to sercurity and no lucky there is like they didn't care....next my friends got sick with food upstairs also our rooms had bed bugs me and some girls got bits all over our backs and arms when we let them know they said they didn't have extra room my friend didn't upgrade her room nothing but the smell of mold and crazy people on that floor not only that they keep getting their water turn off they charge for Internet and room service was very stupid high so be careful and don't be fool just cause the price is good

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall, my husband and I were satisfied with our room at the stratosphere. We booked a select room, and it was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated, but lacked what we considered basic room amenities. There was no mini-fridge, no microwave, and not even a coffee maker. Others have mentioned the distance to the strip, which we actually liked since its quieter that way. As someone who stayed in the Luxor many years ago, I can attest to how loud it can get at the center of the strip. We don't gamble or go clubbing, so not being close to the center of things doesn't bother us, but it might to some. Overall, the stratosphere is a good value and I would recommend it for the budget conscious traveler.

Travelers also viewed these Las Vegas hotels
#45 of 264 in Las Vegas
Golden Nugget Hotel
#92 of 264 in Las Vegas
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino

Been to Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection

Address: 2000 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89104-2507
Location: United States > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#46 Spa Hotel in Las Vegas
#58 Casino Hotel in Las Vegas
Price Range: $54 - $210 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Stratosphere Hotel, Casino And Tower Hotel Las Vegas