“Good value - don´t expect to much”

Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower
Ranked #109 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Munich, Germany
“Good value - don´t expect to much”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Stratosphere is located way up north the strip, basically the last big resort. Therefore the surroundings are unplesant to say the least. But it´s only a 5 minute walk to the monorail station which brings you all the way to strip where all the action is. A guest of the hotel you can enter the famous tower as often as you want (photographers be informed that you are not allowed to bring a tripod) which normally cost 18$. And the view from up there is great. The rooms are basic, no fridge and W-Lan costs 11,99$/day. If you don´t want to, you don´t have to leave the hotel since you find shops and various restaurants within. I paid about 50$/night including the resort fee and therefore it was an okay experience

Room Tip: The higher the better and if possible facing the strip
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,895)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at the Stratosphere for 5 nights in September 2012 with a group of friends travelling for 30th birthday celebrations. We payed a ridiculously low price for the 5 nights and it turned out excellent value. We arrived late on a Saturday night after a long haul flight and were put in some pretty basic smoking rooms. The next morning we requested to move to non-smoking (as per our original booking) but were told the hotel was fully booked. Later that day however we were moved into far superior rooms. The hotel itself is great, as per some of the other hotels we've stayed in in Vegas before. The pool area is good, some of the attractions are great such as the sky dive and bar at the top of the tower. The price reflects the distance from the rest of the strip which is walkable but sometimes a pain. Would definitely recommend and would go back. Roxy's diner alone has to be visited whether you're staying at the Stratosphere or not!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The Pas, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

First our reservation was lost so they put us in a dirty room about the size of a closet. No coffee maker, fridge was extra, 2 towels, 1 facecloth and no soap or shampoo. The bathtub was so dirty and black I had to where my shoes to shower. I did however call and ask to be switched rooms because this was totally unacceptable and even offered to pay for an upgrade. I was rudely told that we will have to stay in there for the night and to switch rooms tomorrow. There was no one in charge to all to ( as I was told). We upgraded the next day for $200 and the suite was good, except the burnt out bathroom light that never got replaced after phoning twice. The Internet 11.99 that's fine. What they don't tell is it is per device! The lobby and casino stink like a cigarette and the staff we delt with we're rude and not one had a smile on there face. For what we paid could have stayed at a high end hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and next time we will go back to the Monte Carlo (great hotel with great customer service and a better buffet)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Stratosphere Casino and Hotel in Las Vegas offers inexpensive lodging and is conveniently located to most parts of the city by car. Parking is free, convenient and easily accessible. The rooms are clean and the personnel are friendly. For those without a car the monorail is within easy walking distance, but I wouldn't wear high heels. There is also a bus stop at the hotel to all parts of the strip and downtown. The lounge and the revolving restaurant in the tower offer spectacular views of Las Vegas and the drinks and food are excellent.

Room Tip: My rating is based on a "select room" which is how the hotel refers to its modernized room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 1, 2013

i was staying over the weekend with a friend.
Hotel is located about 4Km (my estimation) from the main activity -this means paying around 15$ per direction each time you wish to go for club, eating , or visiting attractions (30$ if you wish to travel away and getting back to the hotel), it will also cost you this extra fee for getting to the hotel from the airport.
Alternatively you can walk the way for about 25-30Min burning some calories and getting some tan...
Room size is decent , room was clean , no fridge , no free wi-fi , no safe , only TV.
Line for checking-in is long, theoretically you can checkout and buying a Wi-Fi code through your TV but it didn't work...
For people that like to have an extreme experience, hotel is offering jumping (securely ) from the tower.

All in all, staying there was nice and comfort - an average experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MA
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sorry to be writing my review of our stay in Vegas from March 18th till the 25th.My husband and I picked a bad week to go there seeing it was spring break.The hotel itself wasen't bad as the room was o.k. and the view was great.Had to pay extra to have a fridge in the room which I found odd seeing all the other hotels that we ever stayed in always had one in the room free of charge.Also had to pay for internet if I wanted to use it,passed on that also.The buffet was great,best we ever had of all of the casino's we have been to.Casino wasen't bad,had plenty of slot machines to choose from.We decided to walk to some of the other casino's and that was a nightmare as it was spring break and it was just one big party for the college kids drinking and swearing on the sidewalks as we walked by them,never so so many drunk kids in my life.Not putting them down as in Vegas I guess that is the way it is.What I found sad was the men on the sidewalks passing out pictures of nude girls on cards.They were thrown all over the sidewalks and there were families with very young children picking up the pictures with the mom yelling at them to put them down.This is no place to bring your kids,actually I don't think that I will ever go back as it's a little to rowdy for me.But at least we can say that we have been to Vegas as for years we had talked about going....

Room Tip: They actually have a Mc Donalds here which we thought was great,don't find that at to many casin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I remember 32 years ago having a wonderful breakfast with friends in the Tower at the "Strat". The staff in 2012 and the service is still good... the housekeeping crew "EXCELLENT". Virginia and I were there for evening pleasure, but day-time biz... and we enjoyed ourselves outside of the hotel. Although I know better, I was not paying attention as we became sandwiched-in 'twixted a group of tour folk, and the room we received was poorly located in the older section. I should have complained, but I was tired and she was ready to call it a day. So, readers, remember to ask questions, tired or no, and be willing to negotiate for both good room, a reasonable rate, and handy location for yourself. Knowing better is poor excuse...YOU are the guest not the desk clerk.

Room Tip: See comments....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business