“Cheap but not very clean”

Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #113 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here because the price was exceptional and I was travelling solo. I stayed in a refurbished room with strip view on the 22nd floor. When I arrived I was impressed by the size of the room and service from check-in staff and the bell services as soon as I got out of my taxi. The refurbished rooms are far better than those that have not been (I viewed both) but felt the bathroom fittings should have been replaced also. I was impressed that my room had a jacuzzi in it but was horrified when using it to see black scum washing off the side of the bath. Shortly after, I developed a rash and I am certain this was due to the filthy state of the tub. Housekeeping was good after my first night, rubbish after the second with ash not cleaned off surfaces (smoking room). I did not have my room serviced again after that as I felt it was pointless having strangers in my room with my gear if they were not going to do a proper job. The casino and the restaurants I went to within the complex were good. The location of this hotel is at the extreme northern end of the strip and due to this I would probably not stay here again unless I had a car.

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms only!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dodgysnak
Write a ReviewReviews (12,571)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here from march 8-13 with my husband, daughter and her boy friend. The first room we got to wasn't even cleaned, look like someone had a quickie, then just left. Second room we had was good enough. Yes, off in the distance there is a view of the strip, if you really look, but the best view was the rooftop. Floor 15, hallway smelled of smoke, and this was the renovated side already. After being up since 3 in the morning, last thing I wanted to do was keep changing rooms. It was an ok hotel, didn't pay much for room, so wasn't expecting anything fabulous. We just needed a place to sleep and shower, after that we were gone all day anyway. Ate at the diner once, nothing special, reminds me of Johnny rockets.
Defienetly take the duece bus down the strip, lots to see, food everywhere, and nev a dull moment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank l72thomas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our first time in vegas, stayed her for two nights as part of a tour it was just average right at the end of a strip so you had toget a bus or taxi to get tothe strip, we did walk back fromthe strip but it is quite a walk. The area behind the hotel is definately a no go area so stick to the strip. Rooms were ok strange smell cant place it. There is one highlight to this hotel the tower
its free to hotel guests and the view was amazing. If did go to vegas again would stay somewhere more central

Room Tip: higher floor may get better view
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited the stratosphere in september 2012. Having stayed previously at the tropicana and what was then the freemont, the statosphere was perfect for us. Its position at the end of the strip allows it to be quite tranquil by comparrison. The position of the pool on the eighth floor was perfect being very large and very private.

Room Tip: we stayed on floor 12. I reccommend any floor above the 5th, solely for peace and quite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leggy1274
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

First time at the stratosphere. I was quite impressed with the select rooms. Very clean and comfortable. I like that the casino had low table limits compared to the south strip hotels. Pool was nice place to hang out on the warm spring days.
The shows were not appealing to me but some may like them
Good location for access to old vegas and the outlet mall
Finally, you get free tower access for great views plus discount on the rides.
Great place to stay but pay more for the select rooms

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I don't think I will go back to this Hotel, nor anyone should. My 1st time visit to Vegas, chose this Hotel what a rip off. We paid for everything, e.g. No Coffee in the room, no Fridge, no nothing, paid Hotel fee of $12.99 per night, Wifi was $11.99 per day. We had to ask for soap, toiletries, the 2nd day.
Went to the Pool, had to pay to sit in the shade, pay for this, pay for that.

1st minute we entered the Hotel we were bombarded with Time share just to get $100.00 off the Tower food, food was good at the Tower, but the price was ridiculous, it was a good thing we went to the time share to get that $100.00 off. Our bill was $175.00, they also took off the tip of $25.00 without asking.
The Mirror in the bathroom was cracked at the bottom. This Hotel walls are very thin, U can hear when the toilet flushed. Very noisy.
We had no view, we were looking at the pipes and air conditioner the whole time, did not know if it was night or day.
They gave us nothing to sign up for a card to play, meanwhile other Hotels gave $5.00-$10.00 to sign up.
I will never recommend this Hotel. We waited 1 hour to rent a car even after reserving it. We just left and went somewhere else. That was the slowest car rental service.

Room Tip: Do not accept the 5th floor please, ask for the renovated bldg, but U might have to pay $50.00 extra...
3  Thank Elsa C
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our 5th year in a row visiting Las Vegas and our 5th stay in the Stratosphere Hotel. Had another really enjoyable week here, staying in one of the Select rooms. Spotlessly clean, really comfortable beds, nice and quiet room, safe for our valuables, great shower, all you need for a comfortable stay. Just love staying here as our base when in Las Vegas, its great to get back here in the evening after all the craziness down the Strip. The Strip Express or Deuce are available outside the hotel, $20 for a 3 day pass, great value for getting around. A huge Thank You to Candace for a fantastic price and for helping me out with my requests prior to arrival, great customer service which is much appreciated. That's why I will be back next year!

1  Thank scotsman2011
#44 of 264 in Las Vegas
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Golden Nugget Hotel
#93 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!