Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #113 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 sisters. It is about a 15 minute walk into the main part of the strip. The rides were really fun. I was very sick and the staff went out of their way to make our room up earlier so that I could lie down.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chellbell85
There are newer reviews for Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Not having been to Vegas before I was under the impression this was on the Strip and close to everything. I was wrong about this. The hotel has great restaurants, the rides are amazing, the skyjump - brilliant. The staff were always great and helpful and there was not a lot of waiting in queues. The laundry service took a bit of following up for both pick up and delivery but was a good result. The room itself was disappointing as the view from the 'Strip view room' was limited because of the tower in front of the building and because it is basically a building sight around there with no operating hotels closeby. The room was tired and in need of refurbishment especially the bathroom. It was however clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at the Stratosphere. Our room was very quiet and clean. However, the sheet on one of the beds was torn and the bath mat was so worn there was fringe on the end. Everything was try clean but no matter how clean a mat or sheet was if it was that worn I would not put it on a guests bed at my house - yet this hotel did it.

Our room was quiet even though it looked out over the air conditioners (15th floor). The buffet was adequate. There are a variety of places to eat fast food (McDonalds) on the second floor where you get the elevators to the tower. A perk is, if you stay at the hotel, you get free trips to the tower and $5 off buffet per room each day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Northfield
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay thanks to a discount on the upgrade from Regular to Suite; the room was great, very clean and with a big Jacuzzi! The staff is kind and very helpful.
The room came with an unlimited tower pass, and we enjoyed going up at sunset and at night, when the view is great. Even if it's located on the "Strip" it is quite distant from the main attractions such as Bellagio, Ceasar's Palace etc.------wise choice to hop on a taxi to go there!!---

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

While in Vegas, you want to be in thick and thin of all things Vegas has to offer, so this property unfortunately doesnt helps to achieve what you go to Vegas for. First of all, the location is simply not right, it is at the fag end of the strip with all the major Vegas attractions a good taxi ride away or if you prefer to walk, a very very long walk away. Just like any other Vegas hotel, lobby is always busy with hordes of people checking in/out all the time, but when it is coupled with a front desk which is not swift enough to check so many people-in, it can get a tad bit irritating. Once you get the room, your experience gets worsen as you get a room which has a very small window overlooking another building or parking lot.

the only saving grace is the stratosphere tower which within seconds, takes you right to the top of the building with sweeping views of Vegas and the strip. the height is simply breathtaking, and to take your breath away further, there are 3 rides - easily the most dangerous rides in the world. Just by looking at them can freak you out, i salute those who actually ride them. the fun doesnt ends here and the adventure junkie in you can satisfy the adventure buds even more as there is a free fall jump which within few seconds, takes you to the lobby level by tieing you with a mere rope, again something that made me freak out just by observing others. So the ride to the top and seeing everyone take all those rides along with all the views, is something the only saving grace about the hotel.

there are several properties in Vegas, which are right in the heart of the strip and at a similar price if not cheaper so opt for them unless of course you came to Vegas for those rides.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Of course its not at the strip. If you can walk for a mile its good. The staff was okay. The front desk people are so occupied that they may not be pleasant. Rooms were nice but no free wifi. You pay for everything.
The real attraction is the tower and rides and guess that makes this place popular. We did not have any negative experience but still don't think I will repeat it. Glad, we had planned to stay at 2 different hotels for our 4 night stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank greetani
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in two rooms here. Why? Because the first was so bad. We got to the room and discovered the fan in the bathroom didn't work... it just buzzed. So it was probably warming up and going to catch fire. The toilet also stopped working. They only give you one bar of soap, so you have to switch between the shower and sink to use it. Heaven forbid someone wants to wash their hands while someone else is in the shower. So I went downstairs to talk to someone about the problems. The concierge informed me I would have to wait in the check in line to speak to someone , as no one else could help. Another hour in the check in line seemed unreasonable so I went back to the room and called the front desk. The lady on the phone was rude and said they couldn't fix the problems. I asked if we could get another room. She said I would have to call back between 1 & 3pm and talk to a manager about that. I told her I was in town for a convention and would be busy all day. She said, that didn't matter, I would still have to call back betwen 1 & 3pm or no one could help me. I said maybe I should just stay at another hotel and would like my money back. She said that's fine, but you booked through an online website, so I would have to contact them for a refund. I hung up.

While at the convention, I called, as directed. I waited and waited on hold with the front desk and no one answered. Apparently 1 & 3 are their busy times. So I got the hotel operator to connect me to facilities. A nice woman named Janet told me should would get the toilet and fan fixed and that housekeeping was supposed to leave two bars of soap. I thought all was well with the world.

When I returned to the hotel that night, the bathroom was a mess. Whoever 'fixed' the bathroom fan simply disconnected it so it didn't buzz. But it still didn't work. And all the fluff and grime that had been in the wall was now spread all over the toilet and floor. So I didn't bother using the toilet. Headed to the front desk.

I waited 20 minutes in the check in line so I could report the problems and ask for another room. The front desk gal said she would move us. As an afterthought, she said she would upgrade our room to one of the remodeled rooms on the 24th floor (we had been on the 23rd floor). I told her I didn't want an upgrade, I simply wanted the room I paid for and wanted it to work. Regardless, she upgraded us and we had to switch floors.

My wife and I get to the upgraded, remodeled room. What a dump. The paint was peeling off the shower walls, the shower curtain left an 18 inch gap between where it ended and the wall began. So you get a nice breeze going into the shower as the hot air rises and the cold air is pulled into the shower. Still only one bar of soap. And of course, the bathroom fan didn't work. So don't try shaving or brushing your teeth while someone is in the shower. The mirror fogs complete and everything is covered with water as the shower steam condenses all over the shower. No worries, though, as the entire bathroom surface is smooth, so you'll probably slip. The shower and lamp shades had black hair from a previous guest on them. By remodeled, it appears someone went to Ikea, as the furnishings are the same quality. The beds have 4 foot longs bolsters on them, which is disgusting. You know they don't wash these, as they don't fit in a washing machine. So enjoy the smell of every other guest which permeates the fabric. The pillows on the bed are tiny little balls.

As for the hotel itself, it's not maintained. The hallways are the nicest part. And the cleaning staff is nice enough to wake you at 7am each morning by vacuuming the hallway outside your room. Not sure why they couldn't wait until afternoon. This is Vegas, after all, and people are known to sleep in.

The retail level has about half the shops closed up with no tenants. Even the concrete floor is chipped and in bad repair. The elevators go fast, which allows you to escape the hotel for better places, as quickly as possible.

All in all, I wish I had stayed in Motel 6. At least I would be ready for shoddy experience. I will never stay in this hotel ever again. And when they raze it, I will dance on the remains. Save your money and stay elsewhere. From the staff to the rooms to the hotel itself, it's just a horrible experience. I have never been so happy to check out of a place in my entire life.

Room Tip: Find a room in another hotel. Literally, any other hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business