“At the far end of the city and not conveniently located”

Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #112 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you want to enjoy the attractions of Vegas this is not the place to stay. The view from the tower is fabulous and that is the only best thing here. The tower offers few adventurous sports. The rooms are average. They have many choice of restaurants and bars inside this place.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated new rooms with strip view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sathyadev

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect this place to be extremely nice because the rates were much less than Other hotels on the strip. My biggest issue is that the staff won't leave you alone. We got phone calls late at night after we ordered room service and then knocks on our door early in the morning from maids wanting to come in and clean. You can also here lots of people in the hallway. Paying $20 more for the night and stay somewhere else. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Matt_the_hunter
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Found hair in the tub. Played over hour of video poker and not Evan offered one drink and in a area where you are asked to conserve water it is kind of sad to have to run the shower for ten minutes before can get any hot water and only on the eighth floor

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Duckdoug
Reviewed March 15, 2013

my friends & i wanted to go to the top it cost $18 or you have to use the restaurant or the club, at the restaurant everyone had to purchase an entree which were not real cheap. the club did not open till 4 pm and here i thought i was in vegas. so if you do not stay here it is difficult to check it out, the staff had some difficulty in explaining the rules @ least they confused us

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank matt h
Reviewed March 15, 2013

we were greatly relieved and pleasantly surprised at how attractive, clean and comfortable the room was at our last visit. had never stayed there before because we thought the low rental rate indicated inferior accomodations. on the contrary it was lovely and i would definitely stay there again. resulted in us having more money to spend other places!

Room Tip: stay in select area...few dollars more but newly redecorated
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salGoldCanyonAz
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my family and it was....just ok.
It is at the end of the vegas strip, so you are far away from everything and action is.
Sure you can always ger taxis right at the door and the city bus goes by every 15 to 30 minutes.
The thing here is that you can always ger better deals at the hotels or resorts at the center of the strip if you really seatch at the web.
The price was not bad and I reccomend you ask for the recently remodeled rooms.
I did not like the view...it was to the cielings of the casino.
It was not easy to find a good healthy restaurant inside.
One option for breakfast is an Ihop right next door.
One really cool sruff is the tower with their four crazy games on the top..they were amazing...you got to go for it! That city view from over 106 floors is just great and good for giod pictures of Vegas.

Room Tip: The renewed ones and ask for a good city view..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mellizos2011
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed my first stay at the Strat and wanted to relive that first experience. Didn't happen. My second stay just did not match the first.

My room was not ready so was "upgraded" to a suite. Was told at check-in that the surcharge ($15/night) would be waived because of this but if it wasn't, I could pay using my points. When I checked out, I discovered that my credit card had been charged, IMMEDIATELY, as I was checking in. Charge was not waived nor was I given an option as to how I would pay. I was not happy about that as I was deceived; he lied to my face! It was completely contrary to what registration agent told me at check-in. Once I returned home, I called the hotel's "manager" numerous times but she never answered. Finally left voice mail and she has yet to respond (a week later).

Time to hire a Manager (like ME) who actually cares about the guests, not the profit. (Wooohoooo, you got $36 out of me...hope that spares you from bankruptcy, Strat!) I now feel that I just don't matter to them as a future guest. In my opinion, this was an unauthorized charge to my card. So you see, it's a week later and I am still VERY unpleased about the transaction and the lack of response from the "Manager."

Revisited the Roxy. What happened??? Horrible service!! Waited forever for a waiter, then for the food. Waiter disappeared behind the fryline and had to hunt down the "hostess" just to pay the bill. The place was near empty so the service should had been much more accomodating. The food was good with huge portions. Compared to first visit, the Roxy has plummeted in my rating.

Upgraded suite was lovely but the shower was more like a trickle. Maintenance was to replace shower head but never did. Room was very clean and view was spectacular! I appreciated the upgrade, despite the unauthorized charges to my card. Overall, it was clean, modern and very comfortable. Great room attendant service!

Casino was clean but machines certainly didn't pay out as well as the last time I visited. Honestly, they didn't pay at all. Little more congestion in casino and sparse machine availabiity, but it was a race weekend.

Shopping? Be sure the check ALL stores and compare prices. I purchased items in one of the shops, only to find the same items significantly lower priced in another shop. A few of the high-end stores, (Ugg to name one) were snobby and almost bossy about buying their overpriced items. Same identical items can be found online for 50-75% less because they are discontined items. Tip to shop personnel: Most buyers of Ugg or other high-end items are very knowledgable about pricing and know when they're being smooshed. And, don't try and haggle either. Waste of time.

Buffet was very good.Staff was very nice and food was well presented.

Check-out was easy and stress-free. Check out agent, Carol, was again, very professional, nice and a pleasure to speak with, especially regarding the unauthorized charge. Wish all employees at were as accomodating as she is. She is definitely an asset to the Strat!

ACE counter personnel were so-so. One acted as though she hated being there; grumpy, unhelpful, just an unpleasant person. Talked down to me as if I were a child. Another one treated me as if we have been friends forever. Sorry, but I didn't get their names.

The pool area was delightful! Clean with ample chaises, tables, etc. I do wish they would reconsider having bubbly little girls with their butts hanging out as servers. I'm sure the 4 guys (out of about 33 women and CHILDREN) there enjoyed them. Regardless, the pool area is the best thing about the Strat.

I have mixed emotions about returning to this property. Bottom line. I love it there, good food, great pool, nice rooms. Having to deal with being deceived about the room charge, the horrific service received at the Roxy and the lower than expected payouts at the machines, I may rethink my next trip and stay somewhere else.

If I ever hear from this "Manager" and have the charge issue resolved, I will update my rating.

Room Tip: If you can, reserve a suite. Coffee maker and refrigerator are in those rooms so you don't have...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
#44 of 263 in Las Vegas
Golden Nugget Hotel
#91 of 263 in Las Vegas
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino

Been to Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!