The Westin was a welcome relief in the desert! The property is about 1/2 mile east of the strip, so it was quiet, but still close to it all if you wanted to be. The hotel is rather small, but does the job with a casino, fitness center and pool area.
The rooms are ok... efficient and clean, but seem a bit dated. The TV was one of the old tube style TVs. But, it was nice to have coffee and bottled water in the room along with the wonderful scented toiletries. Beds were comfy as usual. Noticeable wear and tear on carpet and filthy behind the dresser (dropped something and left it there because I was appalled at the dirt build up).
The "resort fee" is $9.50 per day, and they do not tell you about it at check in. I knew about it ahead of time, but didn't appreciate the fact that it went unmentioned at check in. Check in was easy and managed to get in a couple hours early. I complained about the lack of newspaper delivery one morning as the "resort fee" includes "daily" newspaper delivery. Well, I guess daily does not mean Saturday or Sunday at the Westin.. That said, I made them remove the resort fee as that is one of the touted inclusions.
The pool area was nice with cushioned wood chaise lounges, an elevated sun deck, umbrellas, partially shaded lounge area and shaded spa. Again, small but efficient and clean, though with the wind, one corner of the pool managed to be the collecting area for all debris (leaves, sunscreen film, etc..)
Did not eat at the property, however, the casino staff was very friendly in the bar area - great drinks and very engaging in conversation, which is nice when gambling. The fitness center was nice (as with most Westin properties) and was not very crowded.
I'd stay here again and would consider it a solid 3 1/2 star, no 4 as some websites claim..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino & Spa is located 1.5 Blocks east of the famous Las Vegas Strip, Forum Shops, Miracle Mile, the LINQ & High Roller observation wheel, World Market and Premium outlet mall. Just minutes to Las Vegas Convention and Sands Expo Centers, UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin