“Pet Friendly!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ventura, California
“Pet Friendly!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is one of the properties we "tested" out during our week long trial of hotels for a family reunion later the year. I have to say this may be the winner. The main reason- pet friendly. There is a place right outside the strip where you can board pets, but it would be so much better to have them with you- well it would for our family. This facility was also family friendly. So, even though it is off strip, it will probably work well for us. The service was terrific and the rooms were very clean. I don't know if I would stay here if it was just the two of us becaue we like to be closer to the strip, but for a larger group to meet up,this was perfect! Unlike many "brand name" hotels in Vegas, this Westin lived up to the company name and image!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stace120

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My family and I stayed here on christmas, it was enjoyable. The rooms where decent, and the location was actually pleasant. It is about 2 block away from the strip, therefore it was peaceful. They are pet friendly! that was great!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 15, 2009

A friend and I spent July 4th weekend here and I don't have that many complaints about it.

First, as everyone knows, the beds are fantastic. Once I laid down to relax, I didn't want to get back up and head into the Las Vegas summer heat. Everything was clean and dust free and the bathroom sparkled.

My friend, being a typical alcoholic, was frustrated that the mini-bar was locked up. He called the front desk and a key was brought up quickly. Imagine my friend's dismay when he opens the mini-bar and the only items inside were two bottled waters and two miniature Diet Pepsi's!! Needless to say, I laughed at his alcoholic misfortune.

My friend then saunters over to the window to open the curtains to get the grand view of Las Vegas. Another moment of laughter breaks from both of us as he throws the curtains open and discovers there's nothing but a wall behind it. He pushes the curtain aside a little more and we finally discover a half-wall window overlooking the pitiful pool 12 stories below us. I was planning on utilizing the hotel pool to get some sun and swim a little, but was quickly demotivated after seeing its small size and the amount of people already clogging it up.

The casino in the hotel was usually always dead, but honestly, that's where I made all of my money. In fact the money I made in the hotel casino paid for the room and the gas to drive there (my half at least). The video blackjack was the best, especially if you're not a master player and don't want to make a fool out of yourself at the tables with your noobish knowledge of casino etiquette. Plus the video blackjack dealers were exquisite! Hey, what can I say? I appreciate a pretty lady whether she's digital or real!

Inside the hotel is very nice. Outside it's not so much to look at. Especially with all the construction going on around it. But it's not like I spent a lot of time inside the room anyway. It's Vegas for Pete's sake!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Corpsie74
amidgett
Reviewed July 14, 2009

If you don't care staying at mega hotel, the Westin is a good choice to stay in Vegas. It is located on 1 block behind Flamingo Hilton, so it is in middle of the strip. The room is nice, the bed is comfortable, but ask for rooms that are not near the elevetor. We got one that near elevator, it was kinda noisy with drunk people talking so loud.
They have a restaurant, and we had a breakfast there, and it is not recommended. It was $18 for buffet breakfast and the choices are sux.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
calijennie
Reviewed July 13, 2009

we went to vegas with my huge family. we had 3 side-by-side rooms. our room looked so clean when we first checked in. really nice. bathroom looks so modern too. when it was time for bed, my young sons pulled their comforter back and there was makeup still on it from either the previous guest or the maid. and when one of us goes to the bathroom, i literally don't want to breathe. they do not have fans or ventilation in the rooms. you just simply have to wait for the nasty odor to go away. now, that sucks!

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank calijennie
Denver
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I recently stayed at the Westin Causarina from July 9-12. I booked through priceline and named my own price. To be fairly honest- you get what you get- right? There is no way I will complain about my stay when I paid such a low rate. For 65 a night in Denver you'd be staying at the Super 8 at best.

Overall, it was a good experience. The staff was extremely friendly including front desk, bartenders and dealers. The room was clean, the mini fridge was handy. We stocked it with beer from the liquor store that is 1 block away. The location is fantastic. Some have complained about the short 7 minute walk. We have friends who stayed at Mandalay Bay and the Luxor. It took them longer to walk from thier room to the front of their hotel then it took us to walk to the strip.

What more can I say about the beds than they are HEAVENLY! I have never slept so well at a hotel...the dual showerhead was also great. We also appreciated the Starbucks Coffee in the room every morning.

Basically I had no complaints except of course, I didn't expect the $15/day resort charge. However, we drank that much alcohol for sure at happy hour. My husband had two complaints: no fan in the bathroom and housekeeping never restocked the sugar or stir sticks for coffee. One call and that would have been taken care of.

No bed bugs, no dusty towels, no cockroaches and I didn't even have stained carpet. Don't be scared by all the other negative reviews.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megank22
California
Reviewed July 8, 2009

HOTEL. Relatively small compared to some of the major hotels on the Strip, but very Westin- like.

STAFF. Did not get to interact with the staff much; too consumed by the beds.

ROOM. Typical Las Vegas- size rooms with "heavenly beds". The only downfall-- not wanting to get up!

SHOWER. Like any other Las Vegas bathroom/ shower.

LOCATION. Just slightly off the "Strip" right behind the Paris hotel, but definitely walkable to the Strip.

ATTRACTION. When in Vegas, taxi it.

TIP(S). They've got small minimum value tables for the Blackjack players.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple