I have to say that my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised by the Westin in Vegas. We were there 4/26-5/1. We were admittedly disappointed when we won our bid with Priceline at the Westin. In fact, we really complained to the powers that be at Priceline (not because of the Westin, but because it is not what you think of when you bid for a Vegas strip hotel), but finally resolved to go into it with an open mind. We had read some reviews here on TripAdvisor and they were overall very positive so off we went!
Check in was smooth as can be, no long lines, no problems at all and a bellman met us curbside and took our luggage. This was a big plus for us because as we walked through other strip hotels - Luxor, MGM, etc...check in lines were 50-60 deep all hauling around their own luggage - no thanks! Our room was clean, a little on the small side but nice all the same-quiet too. The view was not so great - a parking lot. We never used room service, breakfast at the SilverPeak Grill was Ok, loved having Starbucks though. Housekeeping was efficient, and the Heavenly Bed and Shower were just that. The Spa was terrific. My husband and I had the couples massage and it was the best massage I had had in a long time - even better than the one at Canyon Ranch in the Venetian (although the Canyon Ranch is much larger and has more "glamorous" facilities). Everything was in walking distance - 4 minutes to the strip- and the cabs were there quickly when we needed them
The pool was closed for rennovations all week but the Westin did have a shuttle over to the Aladdin to use their pool facilities. The pool at the Aladdin was very nice - lots of seating- but it wasn't the same as having a pool at our own hotel. The shuttle took awhile to pick up and drop off and overall was too involved of a process and we didn't end up using the pool much which was a bummer. Casino was small and we enjoyed coming back to a small, quiet casino at the end of a long night. $5 Blackjack all the time which was nice as well. Dealers were friendly and helpful and the Starbucks comps were a nice change.
It was a very busy, very crazy weekend in Vegas with the opening of Wynn and the Hard Rock 10 year anniversary and the Westin was a welcoming refuge from the craziness of the other hotels and casinos.
Overall I would reccommend the Westin, especially if you like a smaller more personalized hotel and casino. If you are looking for Vegas style partying 24/7, this may not be the place for you. The value was there and the price was right so if you end up getting the Westin from Priceline, be confident it will be a good experience and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa is a non-gaming, non-smoking hotel located just steps from the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Offering easy access to dining, gaming, shopping and entertainment options: Forum Shops, Miracle Mile, the LINQ & High Roller,World Market and Premium Outlet Mall. Just minutes to Las Vegas Convention, Sands Expo and Mandalay Bay Convention Centers, UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin