“Enjoyed Westin hospitality close to the strip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyed Westin hospitality close to the strip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Was in Vegas for a friend's birthday and picked the Westin for the close proximity to the strip! From checkin to checkout, the Westin personnel went above and beyond! Yvette(checkin)was especially amazing and even arranged a special birthday treat on behalf of the Westin to be sent up to the room! There is also happy hour from 7-8 with free wine/beer and appies, so great place to start before heading out for the evening! Thank you, Everyone for the great hospitality!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We couldn't be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. We are delighted to hear that our friendly staff and nightly Happy Hour made your visit more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your friend’s birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Beautiful hotel, comfortable beds and of course that lovely Westin White Tea smell! Conveniently located near the Las Vegas strip. Very friendly and efficient staff. Even with a small casino in the lobby, it wasn't overwhelming.

Room Tip: I think any room is a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our quality service and convenient location. We are only one block from the Las Vegas Strip making it easy to get to area attractions while still providing a quiet place to return to for relaxation. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel– Casino and Spa.
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

People there know what a warm welcome and personalization means! We were there to celebrate our anniversary and got a handwritten card and a bottle of champaign. We were overwhelmed! Thank you! I unfortunately forgot the name of the nice girl who checked us in but she deserves special recognition!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa for your special day. We are delighted that you and your wife not only had a great time staying with us but that you also enjoyed the champagne as well. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vegas.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was honestly surprised at how fantastic my stay was here. The room was large & functional, the breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious (on par with any of the fancier hotels, minus an omelette station), the gym was constantly being cleaned (a positive) & the complimentary Happy Hour was great! I've stayed at almost all of the major strip hotels, and if you don't care about the "energy" those properties have, this Westin is a fantastic choice. I will be returning on all future visits to Vegas!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It sounds like you had a great time on your visit to Las Vegas and it truly makes us happy to read a review like yours as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are happy you were able to enjoy so much while here including our daily Happy Hour and on-site restaurant Suede. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to having you stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa again soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Thank you, Westin Las Vegas Hotel for your excellent hospitality! We were greeted by Blake at the front desk who helped with our reservations and make it a wonderful experience for me and my colleague. Also, your Suede Restaurant had delicious meals for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: I was able to arrange for two beds in the room just by emailing the information. Westin Hotel got ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was wonderful to have you stay with us during your recent business trip to the area and your kind comments about our staff and hotel are very much appreciated as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel-Casino and Spa on your next visit.
portland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Reservations- I called to book my room and the gentleman seemed like he was in a hurry to get me booked and get off the phone. It was very off putting. After quoting me 179.00 he was going to send me an email confirmation. Me email is my name so by this point I had already spelled out my name slowly to him 2 times. Once for the reservation and once for my email. I also asked before getting off the phone if I could keep him on the phone until I received my confirmation email. He said it would take 5-10min. And because I didn't want him to wait I just finished the conversation. Needless to say...never got the confirmation! Called the front desk the next day. They did have my reservation but my name was spelled wrong! Upon check out I noticed my bill had additional charges. Room+tax and hotel amenity+amenity charge. I didn't know what that extra charge was. When calling the front desk they explained it includes all amenities such as parking, pool, etc. When I made the reservation I specifically asked how much parking would be. He told me it was complimentary!
I had no idea my rate would go from 179.00 to 222.82!

Front desk- the lady at check in was very nice and I had arrived at 1230am after a long road trip and she offered me a late check out at no additional cost. That was so nice of her! I didn't know if I would need it or not but I was pleasantly surprised that at least
I had the option!

Bellman- both gentlemen who helped at check in and check out with my bags were very nice and helpful!

Housekeeping- Since I had a late check out I would assume that info would be communicated to housekeeping at some point. Nope! Someone knocked on my door 4 times that morning!! I understand wanting to check to see if I had checked out as many do without notifying front desk but 4 times?!

Overall- I will not stay here again unless someone in management reaches out to me and helps change my view of this hotel and my experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1WorldTravelor
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent trip to Vegas. Although it seems that certain members of our staff worked hard to turn your experience around, we do regret that every interaction you had with our staff was not as exemplary. We believe that customer service comes first and will address your comments with our staff so that we may continue to make improvements and create a better experience for our future guests. We apologize for any inconveniences and misinformation you received and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the area.
Edwardsville, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating. After a long day of traveling I just wanted a hot shower, CLEAN comfortable room and that did not happen. I was traveling with a pet was told there would be a charge for her. I did not have a problem with that. I have a non shedding dog who is very well groomed. The first room smelled badly with stains on the carpet. I was immediately directed to another room which had human and dog hairs all over the bathroom YUCK toothpaste on the faucets,etc. they should have paid me for cleaning. You were also charged an amenities fee I don't gamble and felt that was out of line the location I chose was off the strip for that reason. I will add after showing the staff the pictures I took of the rooms conditions they felt very bad and apologized. It certainly wasn't up to Westin's standards.

Room Tip: Don't take a pet friendly room!
Green Features: They offer the green program which is commendable .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback. Arriving at a hotel and not being able to just relax in your room can be absolutely frustrating and we sincerely apologize that this is the type of challenging experience you were presented with at our hotel. Our goal is to provide our guests with great customer service and comfort during their stay. Your feedback will allow us to identify areas where we can make improvements. As for our Hotel Amenity Charge, complete details are available on our website. The charge covers unlimited use of our workout facilities, and Hibiscus Spa’s sauna, valet and self-parking, nightly access to our Happy Hour, high-speed Wi-Fi internet access and more. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and making your stay with us enjoyable.