My wife and I stayed at this property from March 16-20, 2014. We found it to be very nice. Staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The bed is excellent. I think the location is a real positive as it is just off the strip on Flamingo...a 5 min walk. It is pretty much in the middle of the strip north south wise close to such properties as Bally's, the Flamingo, Caesar's Palace and all sorts of restaurants and shops. It's also extremely close to the Monorail and a brand new huge Ferris wheel called the High Roller.It wasn't ready to use at The time of this review however, but should be by the end of March. With all that in mind, the nightly rate is very competitively priced.
As mentioned, there is construction on the corner of Flamingo and Vegas Blvd. but that wasn't problematic. Traffic is heavy in front of the hotel especially with construction causing back ups. If you are driving anywhere, it's best to exit Koval road on the hotel's east side where there is a light when it's really busy.
We didn't eat at the restaurant or gamble at the casino so can't comment on that. Starbucks being in the hotel was a treat. But there are more starbucks per square km in Vegas than I have ever seen.
Staff response to our need for a corkscrew was super quick...within 5 minute ps they were at our door. Then they followed up by calling to see if we got it. Wow on that.
We did use the pool and found it to be adequate. The patio was never crowded with more than enough chaise lounges for everyone. Always lots of towels. We didn't use the workout room either so no comment on that.
The fragrance in the hotel was very interesting. A previous reviewer had identified it as a particular fragrance. It was very unique. We speculated that it was used to primarily mask the smoke from the casino. I didn't mind it. There were also comfy bath robes for us to use. Nice touch.
We would strongly recommend this property to families and couples alike.
The only criticism we have of the Westin is that they charged us a resort fee of 20 USD per day. I don't know if all hotels do this, but i find it a nuisance. When I pay for a room, I would like all charges to be upfront in the price. This fee pays for free valet parking and bottles of water in the room that are normally marked 4 dollars. I don't know what else it is for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino & Spa is located 1.5 Blocks east of the famous Las Vegas Strip, Forum Shops, Miracle Mile, the LINQ & High Roller observation wheel, World Market and Premium outlet mall. Just minutes to Las Vegas Convention and Sands Expo Centers, UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin