“Class Act!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Class Act!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2004

This hotel is a class act from beginning to end. Great location; easy parking; super fast & pleasant & easy check-in; great rooms. This is a real New York type boutique hotel, designed with adults in mind. Great clientele, great staff, great management, and a great breakfast. This will be my first choice in the future.

4 Thank Prine041745

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 21, 2004

I stayed there March 15-18. Check in was about the best I have ever experienced in Las Vegas, absolutely no line, helpful staff. The rooms, while done tastefully, cannot overcome their heritage of the size of its predecessor Maxim. Bathrooms were fairly nicely done and beds are great.I found the staff of the hotel pretty friendly and helpful most of time. It is unfortunate that I cannot say the same for the casino staff. Although I found the location to not be a problem for going other places on the strip, I also don't mind walking pretty moderate to long distances.If a person has been to Vegas 5 or 6 times (as I have), the Westin is probably OK for a change of pace. I would not recommend it to first time visitors who want to be near the Strip action or experience Las Vegas downtown.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2004

We stayed there 3 nights (March 18-21, 2004) and will return. The hotel has 800 rooms, small be Vegas standards, but we loved it. The small casino was a great place to end the evening and even though the hotel was sold out, you could get a seat at the table and have a good time.

The rooms were not large, but very nice and the bed snd shower were fabulous. They have a niced restaurant, where again you can get a seat, and the food was good and service excellent.

The hotel is a few minute walk to the strip but nothing that should turn anyone off. We had a great stay, would highly recommend the hotel, and will make the Westin our hotel of choice when we go back to Vegas.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PA
Reviewed March 18, 2004

I recently spent 3 nights (March 8,9,10) at the Westin and was a little disappointed. Like the other comments, I agree that the rooms are small, but nicely done. The pool area does not compare to the other, bigger hotels on the strip. Just your plain rectangular pool that was very cold. When we went to swim, there were no clean towels available and the dirty towels were laying all over the chairs. We had to walk into the hotel and found a housekeeping cart and took a few towels. The hot tub was very foamy, a sign that it needed more maintenance. The small bar in the pool area (actually a window in the wall) was not open.

The Starbucks in the lobby was convenient. We didn't eat at their restaurant. The hotel is convenient to the strip - about a 2 block walk - and located about midway in the strip so you can walk north or south.
Be prepared to walk a lot.

If you want the true Las Vegas experience I would recommend staying at one of the larger hotels that have better amenities, incredible pools, and more things to do in the hotel.

4 Thank PabloPicasso3
Reviewed March 15, 2004

Hotel service was great, room was huge, shower was heavenly (double heads, double comfort!) Only downside was that 2 elevators were broken, making it very difficult for all to get downstairs at check out time.

Boston, Ma
Reviewed March 13, 2004

My wife and I checked into the Westin on March 7th for 3 nights, I called in the morning and asked if there was any upgrades available because it was a special ocassion, I was told I was given a nice upgrade and when I arrived I asked what I had been upgraded to and I was told we have upgraded to a deluxe non smoking king room, my response was how did you upgrade me to this room when that is what I booked, the front desk person was very unhelpful and seemed very uninformed to SPG Platinum members benefits. I was never recognized as a Platinum member and received no benefits Of the SPG progam except for my USA today, I will say nice clean rooms with heavenly beds and quiet, but if your looking for the STarwood experience, maybe in a couple of years when they get there act together.

1 Thank FrankVBoston