“Great location and pet friendly!!”

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #87 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Folsom, California
“Great location and pet friendly!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were on a 9 day road trip with our dog and my wife wanted to stay at the Westin because she loves the Heavenly bed. That bed was so comfortable! We liked the turn down service too. I really liked that you could take your dog in the casino as they are very pet friendly. Other than that, the room was quiet, clean, the soaps and other amenities were very nice and the room was very spacious.

The issues were as follows: Maybe because it was a pet room but the carpet had a few small stains on them. It wasn't pet stains, just small dark stains. Since you sign papers stating that you're liable if the pet makes a mess, I took pictures and reported them to the front desk so they were aware. They did offer to move us to another room if we wanted so that was nice but we chose to stay in that room.

They have a small designated pet area outside but it is very small. The bad part about that area is that's where the workers come out for their smoke breaks. We're not smokers but when we took the dog out there, it wasn't pleasant to smell smoke as there was always someone out there smoking. Sometimes 4-5 people.

Other than that, we really enjoyed the stay and when we're back in town with the dog, we will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are happy you and your wife were able to enjoy the convenience of our pet friendly accommodations. We thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the outdoor pet area as feedback like yours helps us to improve in our services offered to our guests. We look forward to welcoming all of you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Im SPG Platinum member and got upgraded just by asking. Great view from the top floor. Amazing staff, and very accommodating. They will help you with whatever you need or want. The hotel is a block away from the strip, close to the Flamingo, Caesar's Palace, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, etc. In case you need to stock up, there is a small convenience store/liquor store about 2-4 minutes from the hotel (walking). Self parking free, valet, and casino. Casino is not big but will satisfy the need or wants.

Breakfast option is amazing. Buffet includes: scramble eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, fruits, cakes, Krispy Kreme Donuts, muffins, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal. Great quality.

Room Tip: Higher floor upgrades are great. Great view to the strip. North side top floor view has a great nigh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We couldn't be more pleased to learn your experience with us was excellent. Your feedback is appreciated and I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team. It is great that you had some time to enjoy the Casuarina Casino as well as our breakfast in Suede, our onsite restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some time ago I wrote a review praising the hotel as a great business hotel in Las Vegas. The hotel pointed out that they are a great hotel period and I should keep this in mind next time. I recently stayed in the hotel with me family after a tour of the National Parks in Utah and some interesting hotel experiences and I can confirm that this is a super hotel.

If you're looking for a 5000 room jumbo resort, this isn't it. It's a small, intimate, well run hotel. I stay here maybe 8 days a year and pulling up in the intense heat, I was greeting by name by the super valet staff and bell staff, checking in quickly and escorted off to a completely fine, well appointed, spotlessly clean room.

It took a few weird experiences for me to truly appreciate a well run facility. This place is remarkably well run and provided my family with a great experience. I've sworn off the resorts,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg_D_In_Cali
It was wonderful to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. Your loyalty is truly appreciated and we thank you for sharing your experiences. We strive to provide our guests with the comfort and service they have come to expect from the Westin Brand and we are happy you choose to stay with us when you are in the area. Thank you so much for your feedback and we'll see you again soon.
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First the positives; good shower and good bed (as any Westin’s have). The happy hour is a good idea but get there early or you'll be picking up the little broken chips at the bottom of the bowl and left to drink water from the fountain since drinks are limited.

The pool is a joke, the website makes it look 10x better than it is so don’t be deceived, it’s probably the smallest pool in Vegas and should just be turned into a carrot garden.
At least the tiny casino wasn't crowded but it should not be considered "a 4 star on the strip" which is what hotwire called it – 3 star just off the strip is more accurate.
The sports book is functional but is really just a makeshift small desk with no viewing area and one dude who runs it.

The 10 minute walk to the strip is through a bad part of town and if you don’t get murdered then at least you’ll burn some calories in the 110 degree heat.
Not a bad option if you're on a budget but was not impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DodgerFan_11
We are delighted you were able to enjoy the comfort of our signature Heavenly Bed and Bath® during your visit. The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa gives guests the opportunity to relax and enjoy some time away from the surrounding area. Our team is always available to assist with any question you may have regarding transportation and for those choosing not to walk to the Las Vegas Strip. Thank you for sharing your perspective and it is our hope to welcome you back.
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Being Platinum with SPG, the only good with this property was the courtesy call prior and after my stay as well as the man who checked me in at the SPG members counter. The higher floors are better on the 15th-17th, except during the heatwave in June when outside temps were at 115F. I was on the 17th and my A/C never cooled below 78F. The 15th floor was much cooler. The rooms are dated, walls need painting and the bathrooms were small. The restaurant looked 10 years old but the wait staff was efficient. The distance to the strip is a 5-10 minute walk and at 115F not a good idea, but taxi's were NOT readily available and so the staff upsold the private car to avoid waits(they were nice). I was only greeted at the door once, and never saw a smiling staff member unless I went to the member counter.

Room Tip: Higher floors (15-17) during decent weather. When temps soar aim for the15th!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is disappointing to read that your stay was not as you had expected. We truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit and I thank you for making us aware of your concerns. While the temperatures in Las Vegas have been high, we do regret the temperature in your room did not reach a comfortable level. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa again soon.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am not a gambler, so a consistent experience at a hotel works for me all over the world, not just L.V.. In any other city in the world the Westin would be a large hotel. In L.V. it is a very small hotel with the friendly service and accountable that you would expect at a smaller hotel. I have stayed in some of the large hotels with low cost rooms of $30 to $40 a night. You do get what you pay for at these hotels. The hotels seem to be worn out and have new employees every week. The Westin with Matt out front and Sean on the desk every request turns out to be "can do". After a couple of stays every one knows your name and bends over backwards to make guests happy. The morning car valet lady, the bell people and even housekeeping people are all superior! I visited for the 4th of July and will be back each time my travels takes me to Las Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased your interactions with the staff were positive and I thank you for sharing your experiences. We strive to provide all of our guests with the highest level of customer service and we can't thank you enough for your feedback. It was great to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa.
Sacramento
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had an okay experience here. I was disappointed because I expected better. The mistake that I made was assuming that I was going to get the same exceptional service and amenities that are synonymous with the Westin name. What I should have realized is that this touristy, off-the-strip, Las Vegas location would be an exception.

At first glance, the hotel was very clean, smelled like the usual heavenly white tea & aloe fragrance, was decorated beautifully with contemporary furnishings, fresh flowers, and old Hollywood glam chandelier. But I still didn't get that "4/5 star" hotel vibe that I normally get when I stay at the Westin Hotel. Basically, I wasn't impressed.

Once you get past the pretty lobby, the rest of the hotel is pretty shabby. We had to change our room because the shower head in the bathroom was missing. Also, the walls are so thin, that you can hear other guests (next door) talking. The room key didn't work, so I had to go back down to the lobby (with my luggage) and get it exchanged, only to have the same problem after going back up 11 floors.

Also, when I booked the hotel in advance, I asked for a mini-fridge in the room because I have medication that needs to be refrigerated... and I was told that my request would be accommodated. When I arrived at the hotel, I reminded the front desk that I needed a mini fridge, and I was told it would be sent up right away. I stayed for 4 days, followed up daily, yet the fridge never arrived.

I had to constantly refill the ice bucket to keep my medication cold. Pretty annoying.

Bottom line, this hotel is a good choice if you don't want to stay directly on the strip, and don't want to deal with the usual LV craziness and long lines. The hotel lobby and casino have a calm atmosphere, as well as a no-smoking policy throughout, and a conveniently located 24 hour Starbucks in the lobby. Not a bad place to stay, pretty pleasant actually... Just keep in mind that you are NOT to going to get the exceptional service and luxury accommodations that you would expect from the Westin Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Syrah N
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service for all of our guests and I will share your review with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may improve upon your experience and restore your confidence in us.