The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$236
$199
SignatureMGMGrand
$135
Venetian.com
  • Pool
ARIA Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)
$159
Aria.com
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
$240
$129
  • Pool
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$169
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
MGMGrand.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$134
$121
VEGAS.com
  • Pool
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$69
Paris Las Vegas
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$76
$42
3,610 results
All reviewssmall casinoheavenly bedoff the stripspg pointsspg memberhour starbucksbusiness hoteltwo blocksstarbucks coffeeferris wheelbreakfast buffetellis islandquiet hotelhigh rollernon smokingslot machinescasino area
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My associate & I went to Las Vegas to install an exhibit at the Convention Center, and we stayed 3 nights at the Westin Hotel this past weekend. We chose it because I have Starwood Gold status, and it's a Starwood hotel. However having stayed there, I'm now thinking that I might choose this hotel again even if I weren't a member! Has a small casino which never seems to be busy (we didn't play in the casino.) They have a small table games pit, but I never saw anything more than one blackjack table open. I guess they get more players mid-day. They do have very low minimum bets, so if you're a small bankroll player, this is a great place to play! Had the breakfast buffet all 3 mornings. It's very tasty, and has lots of options, although it's exactly the same, day to day - no daily themes. (I suppose that's common for a breakfast buffet.) I believe the buffet was $18 per person - typical price for a resort hotel. Staff was extremely nice and efficient! Check-in was a breeze. Room was typical size, but it was very clean and seemed to be fairly comfortable. Internet access in the room is very fast, and both internet and parking are free, and parking is close to the door of the hotel. (That was nice for this weekend of record high temperatures of about 113 degrees!) Because of the heat, we also appreciated that our room had a mini-refrigerator, which we stocked with water & sodas. The hotel also has a small gift shop in the casino area.

The restaurant and the Starbucks in the casino never close! I like that!!! Probably, the bar doesn't close either, but we're not big on drinking when we're traveling on business, so we didn't go to the bar. (Cute bartender girl smiled at me once though as I passed by!) Thought about using the pool, but my associate didn't bring a swimsuit, so we opted instead to go to shows. Lots of airline people stay there, and a couple mentioned that they were treated very well at the hotel.

Some people mentioned the hotel being "off the strip," but jeesh, it's only one block away. Even if you were staying ON the strip, you'd probably have to walk at least that far to get to anything! In fact, when staying at the huge mega-hotels on the strip, it would probably take you longer to get from your hotel room to where you parked your car than it would take you to walk from the Westin to the strip. Besides, when you do reach the strip, you're right in the center of it, across from the Bellagio fountains show. (I'd say it's probably only about 600 feet or so from the front door of the Westin to the strip.)

Being off the strip, the views from the hotel room aren't all that spectacular. We had a view of a parking lot where they're building a huge Ferris Wheel ride. There's a showroom in the hotel, currently featuring a guy doing a Red Skelton tribute, but we didn't opt for that show. I hear it's a pretty good show though.

To sum up, Westin is just about in the perfect location if you're there to visit the strip, but you don't want to feel like sardines in a can when you head to your room at night. Close to the strip with the free Bellagio fountains show & the Treasure Island pirate show (now Sirens of the Sea) just a short walk away. We reserved the room under a "buy 2 nights, get one free" special, making it just about the cheapest room available at this quality level! I'd suggest checking with the hotel directly to see if they have current specials, as they seem to run them frequently. Had a great trip, and found the Westin to be a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Hallways to room can be a trek if your room is at the end. See if you can get a room closer to the elevators!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank John W
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We couldn't have said it any better ourselves. Thank you so much for your detailed review and tips for those visiting the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. When choosing to stay with us, our guests can pick from a variety of special offers and our website is the best resource to determine which offer meets your needs. It is great that you had the opportunity to enjoy so much while here and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just did a five night stay at this property. Location is great if you have a car. Otherwise 3 long Vegas blocks walk to the nearest large casino.
Liked because most of the guests were airline people. Not really any party crazy guests that you might find at other hotels. That is fine if you were looking for that kind of scene.
Would highly recommend if you are looking for a place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Josefina R

We are delighted you enjoyed the central location of the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. Our location makes it easy to explore the area and should our guests choose not to walk to area destinations, our team is available to assist with transportation. Thank you for your recommendation to others and we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was nervious booked this hotel being "off the strip", but was not a bad walk at all to it. I enjoyed the smaller casino and lobby atmosphere as well as the personalized feeling I got from it not being so large. The staff was fantastic and the pool area was small but perfect size for the hotel. Will be staying here again on a future trip to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mitchell B

It is great that you were able to experience so much during your guys trip to Las Vegas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights on business and it was a good fit for the trip. It's not right on the strip so you don't have the load crowds walking through. The casino is small but enough to gamble away a few dollars. The happy hour every night is great, free appetizers and wine! It's about a 5 minute walk to the strip, but I would recommend always walking in a group past the couple of bars you have to pass.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Whether you are here for a business or leisure stay, we strive to provide a relaxing retreat for all of our guests. We are delighted you were able to enjoy some time in our Casuarina Casino and had the opportunity to stop by our nightly happy hour. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Yes, the hotel is a touch off the strip. The positive to that? Quieter. I enjoy Vegas for hilarious people watching more so then for the gambling, so I actually enjoy that. The rooms and hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The pool was a bit small, but worked just fine. Yes, some parts of the hotel could use a little freshening, but overall it was a good stay. The little rubber duck was a fun touch. The rate was quite good for the hotel as well. If you're looking for lots and lots of gambling, you're probably better off at one of the main hotels. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank stefg1007

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is located just one block from the Las Vegas strip and close to shopping and attractions. We are happy you enjoyed the quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the area and we thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Las Vegas.