“Disappointment at Westin”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointment at Westin”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was a little early, waited around the lobby till 3pm (check-in time) and asked if my room was ready. I've just arrived from my flight and it was my first time in Las Vegas. The front desk person said no, I don't understand why there would be no rooms available....As well, the front desk people didn't look jolly or welcoming. I've stayed at many Westin Hotels and this by far has to be one of the worse in customer service! On a positive note, the hotel room was not bad, the room was clean and the beds were comfy. The location was okay... not that far of a walk from the strip, and easy access to their public transit. Another complaint I have is that the hotel charged me for two rooms when I only stayed in one. I made several adjustments to my reservations previously, but I confirmed and finalized that I only wanted one room during my stay. When I went back home I had saw on my credit card bill that I was charged twice, I was really upset and called Westin right away with my concern. The lady on the phone who was also rude, gave me a hard time insisting that I reserved two rooms, clearly I didn't. I have proof on my email. You could barely hear her voice, and in between she would pause for long periods of time and I would keep saying "Hello". I honestly wasn't pleased with my phone conversation with her. Overall, my stay here was okay but the customer service was very, very disappointing!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We strive to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction to each of our guests and we regret any difficulties you may have experienced. We are happy you were able to enjoy your accommodations and hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff at the Westin Las Vegas was really friendly and accommodating! We arrived at 9:30 in the morning, and they stored our bags while we enjoyed a really delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We were in a room by 11am -- very clean and comfortable. The pool area was always low-key and relaxing -- and VERY warm! So many hotels claim to have a heated pool; Westin's pool really was heated and very comfortable in the cooler weather! The hot tub was also wonderful! This was a great place to stay, a bit away from the chaos, but still convenient. Never had to wait in line for a cab!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for kind comments regarding the staff. It was great to have you here and I look forward to sharing your comments. Did you know that we are the only hotel to offer an outdoor heated pool that is open year round? We are thrilled you had a chance to relax and unwind during your visit. The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This place is actually closer to the strip then people think. The rooms are really nice. Beds are awesome. The casino is very small but I always seem to win there. Minimal TV's etc. Value is excellent. I'd actually suggest staying here with you significant other if you are on a budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JW1311
It is wonderful that you found your stay an excellent value. We are located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip giving our guests the opportunity to enjoy the surrounding area and return to a quiet retreat. We are happy you had the chance to spend some time in our Casuarina Casino. Thank you and we hope to see you again at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa.
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I got this hotel for 2 nights through Hotwire. I was initially disappointed when I discovered that it was off the strip but considering that I paid $65/night, I figured it wasn't too bad. Walk to the strip is about 10 mins, agreed with other reviewers that the side of Flamingo Road where you have to walk to the strip is kind of seedy so I wouldn't feel comfortable walking after midnight. No line ups to check in and always found a parking space unlike if you stayed in some of the hotels along the strip. Room was decent and clean. They only offer double beds which wasn't a huge deal since I was travelling with my husband and 2 kids so we managed, Queen beds would have been nice but it was only for 2 nights. We did not eat at the hotel so this is one downside, having to walk a bit further but since we had a car, it was OK. So, if you don't have a car, I would suggest you look elsewhere. Resort fees include wifi for 4 devices, fitness centre is open 24 hours if this is important.

There's also a gas station with a small convenience store right next door.

Overall, pleasant stay at a great price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
In addition to walking to the area attractions, guests can visit the concierge desk to arrange for transportation or utilize the monorail located across from the hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed our location just one block from the Las Vegas Strip and thank you for sharing your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas the next time you are in the area.
Oxnard, California
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Let me star with a few back grounds points. I was a travel agent of 5 yrs, travel a few ties per yr

I think the biggest mistake is that they categories this hotel as a 4 star this hotel is an amazing 3 star, very few min to the strip. The beds are amazing the rooms are decent needs some work, small casino, staff was friendly. Don't go to this resort thinking you staying at a solid 5 star strip resort that's the biggest mistake you could make go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank latinos28
Thank you for bringing these points to our attention. The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip and offers guests a quiet retreat at the end of the day. We are happy you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to relax in our signature Heavenly® Bed.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great to have a Westin in Las Vegas as an alternative to the mega casinos! Great choice for business and easy to get in and out of. Rooms are typical Westin and hotel is nicely situated close enough to the strip if thats where you need to go.
Minor annoyances- for being a business hotel the rooms really don't have easy access to plugs to charge devices. Bathroom is really the only easily accessible plug.
Doors are the type that can catch and not close all the way- make sure you pull your door closed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
It was great to have had you here and we are happy you found the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa a great alternative for relaxing and enjoying time in Las Vegas. Our central location provides guests with the ease of getting to area attractions and conventions. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention and we will look into your comments. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you.
Ontario Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed for one night as a stopover to catch a plane out of Vegas. Upon check in, the clerk waived the resort fee as it was later and we missed the complimentary appetizers and drinks. That was nice. I decided to check in for our flight at the complimentary check in terminal (nice!) and print the boarding passes while my husband went to bring the bags up to the room. Upon my arrival at the room, my husband was standing in the hallway on the phone. The front desk provided us with keys to a room that was already occupied! Oops! Yikes ! After about 10 minutes a front desk staff member came up and showed us to another room on the same floor.

The room was lovely on the 12th floor to watch the happenings and the lights. The bathroom was lovely and the bed was very comfy. Someone called to make sure we were okay in the room.

It was noisy though. Even with ear plugs, I could hear the sirens and traffic all night on East Flamingo Drive (about a block from the strip).

It was a nice hotel and they provided complimentary Starbucks coffee in the room, but it was hard to get over the fact that we were provided keys to someone else's room. Now you know why you don't leave valuables in the room!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whether you are here fur business or pleasure, we are offer many amenities for our guests. We truly regret any inconvenience with your room assignment and appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa to enjoy some time by our pool or utilize our Hibiscus Spa. Thank you.