“Value for Cost Conscious”

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #87 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunnyvale, CA
“Value for Cost Conscious”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have heard that this hotel is popular with business travelers and I can see why. It is a no-nonsense property with all the basic necessities that a business traveller needs. But if you want to splurge in Vegas and enjoy all the bells and whistles of the newer fancy hotels, you should go there. In most other cities this would be a five star property but considering the competition in Las Vegas, I guess it would be four or even 3.5, if you want amenities like large windows, jetted tubs and electronically controlled curtains, etc. if you're on a budget but still want a comfortable stay this would do.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank HarryJ202
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. Whether you are here for business or leisure, we have a variety of amenities available. With a location that is one block from the Las Vegas Strip our central location makes it easy to get to area attractions, dining and shopping. We hope you can visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my third time staying here in three years. I like the location of this hotel as well as the friendliness of the staff. The Green program is great if you prefer to not have your sheets one every days as you are rewarded with wither cash vouchers or SPG Points. There is a wine store almost attached to the hotel in the gas bar. Room Service was good and the meal was hot! One other big advantage od this hotel is that it is quiet and you do not have to do a lot of hiking to either your car if you self park and the elevators. The distance to the elevator form the front desk is less than 10 seconds! That I like as well as the carpark at 45 seconds.

Room Tip: Doesn't hurt to ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank michaelcanada
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Your continued loyalty to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is appreciated. It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests and we are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your stay. Your suggestions for guests is wonderful and we are glad you took the time to share them. Thank you and we will see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'd first like to say that my husband and I travel a ton and we are dedicated Westin customers. While it is true that decor, maintainance and overall quality of each Westin hotel are not quite consistent, my husband and I have found that the exceptional service and hospitality we receive at every Westin holds true and remains consistent. We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last two months. Our first visit was over New Years and the other was over Valentines Day. We were thrilled with the fun extras this hotel goes above and beyond to provide. A nighty social hour with food and drinks, horns and hats on New Years and even a hot chocolate and apple cider station with cookies when it is cold out. Every staff member we have ever encounter has been nothing but friendly, helpful and pleasant. Our room is always clean and housekeeping is wonderful. What we do appreciate most from this hotel is how tranquil and quiet it is while still being in the heart of the Vegas strip. We will absolutely return to this hotel and we absolutely recommend it to friends who visit Las Vegas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank educ8tor
Your continued loyalty to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa as well as the Starwood Brand is truly appreciated. It is great that you have been able to enjoy multiple visits to our hotel and we appreciate your kind words. We are located one block from the Las Vegas Strip, giving our guests a quiet retreat at the end of the day. Thank you and we look forward to having you here again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been a guest at this hotel for the past four years. I'm sorry to say that this year was a huge disappointment. I arrived to the hotel & approached the front desk. There were two hotel desk clerk helping other guests. Once I it was my turn, I was asked for my reservation which I provided. The room was under our company name & they said they needed a credit card. At least a week before my arrival we had insured they had a credit card authorization form as well as a credit card on file to insure I did not have any problems. Called my office on my cell & as I was talking to them both clerks left the front desk. A few min later one returned & I asked her to please talk to my office on my phone. She plain out refused & told me to have them call their hotel. My office complied & I got my room after 20 min of waiting. Went up to my room & keys did not work, had to run back down & re-program them. Next day the same thing with the keys. Westin offers a green alternative if you skip room service they credit you 500 points a day. After the first night I told the front desk I wanted the points they said I needed a voucher. I advised I had not received one. They said they would take care of it. I was there 3 days in total & never got this so called voucher. At check out I told them again, but this time I did get one so called voucher under my door. I told the clerk & he said he would credit me 2 days, not 3 & pretty much dismissed me. I was very disappointed with my stay. Every day was some kind of hurdle with front desk. One last thing. I would come in & out of this hotel many times through out the day. If you don't tip the door men after a while they no longer help you get taxi or even bother to open the door for you. Westin is our companies official hotel brand. So, I hope it goes better next week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Felix G
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Returning guests are the highest compliment we could receive and we are disappointed to learn your experiences with us were not as you had hoped. As standard hotel procedure for all guests, a credit card is required upon check in and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. I thank you for bringing these points to my attention and I will share them with the staff members as we continually refresh our commitment to our customers. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to address any concerns to ensure any future stays are as you expect. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon so we can restore your trust.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've just checked into Westin Las Vegas and it has been a really rough and unhappy start.
First, my luggage arrived into the room badly scratched. Positively sure that it wasn't in this state when I left it with the porter. It must have dropped off the trolley and landed on the road after I turned my back, judging the severity of the scratches. It doesn't cost much but I am one who likes my things kept in pristine conditions and this has really made the start to my stay horrible and annoying.

Next came the overflowing toilet bowl which flooded the entire bathroom and soaked the carpet of the room. I must give thumbs up for the quick response to this awful situation but seriously, after getting really upset about my luggage, a flooded bathroom situation was certainly not welcome!

I am really not happy at all! :(

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank postedbycharline
It disappoints us to read a review such as yours as this is not the experience we expect for our guests. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with the toilet and we appreciate your patience while we worked to fix the problem. We hope you have the opportunity to reach out to us regarding your luggage so we can address your concerns together. We look forward to hearing from you to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was just a bad experience from the start. Checked in to the hotel, kids were tired, ordered room service. The person taking the order was severely under trained. He put us on hold after each item to check with the kitchen. After 15 minutes our order was placed. Upon arrival the order was incorrect and we did not want to wait because of the time of day. Next morning our kids were ready to go swimming, that is when we found out the pool was under repair. 1 night into our 5 night stay we checked out and moved to another hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Hotel is in need of repair, 17th floor suite required hotel employee to come adjust the water b/c th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Txdelphia
When staying with us, it is our hope that our guests will make us aware of any concerns they may have so we can address them immediately and get you back to enjoying your time here. It appears we did not have the opportunity to do just that and we regret any inconvenience. Your comments are appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to renew your trust. Thank you.
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Westin Las Vegas is a great hotel. Vanessa at the front desk was wonderful. She was a wealth of information and able to help us with many things.
The rooms are great and the Heavenly beds are the best. Good Casino in the lobby.

Room Tip: Great views from both sides of the Hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Las Vegas.