“Geat Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Geat Hotel”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a great 2 nite stay. The hotel is very close to the strip. Parking was easy and the room was nice. The breakfast buffet was awesome, and no long wait like everywhere else! If you love the strip but want to escape it also this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam C
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. It appears our location worked well and we are delighted you were able to take advantage of relaxing retreat away from the Las Vegas Strip. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Only one block off the strip, its location is central to everything. The hotel provides smoke free environment, as soon as you walked in the lobby you can smell the aroma of Westin's signature fragrant. The room is spacious and the Heavenly Bed is super comfortable. However, the room is not super clean and their furniture could use some TLC. Their staff are friendly and helpful. Decor in their restaurant is not spectacular but food was excellent. All in all, it's a good convention hotel to stay at if you want to be in Vegas but be away from all the smoke, noise and crowds that most Vegas hotels offer.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank teri604
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and we will work with the team to ensure our commitment to customer service is our highest priority. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We visited the hotel recently and were very excited because we have stayed a several Westin resorts before. We didn't want a hotel on the strip so the location was fine.
What bothered us was that since the day we checked in our room was not serviced Basically had to ask for clean towels. They knock on the door around 8:30 in Lad Vegas to clean your room and they don't come back if at the time they come you are sleeping

Another thing was that our room was broken into. Front desk was very doubtful of our report and I basically had to beg them to compensate us in some manner for the inconvenience. Then I received a call from one of the security people after I returned home. He was very rude, gave me this story about how they checked who goes out of the rooms and how their system is flawless. I presented a scenario that could happen and that his theory is not always correct. He immediately dismissed it and told me they couldn't do anything. Just very rude. It wasn't so much about the value of the item but their attitude and that basically they have stealers working in their hotel and do not care how it affects the guest. It's a shame because the hotel is nice but there is too
For improvement with front desk staff and definitely security staff.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Llorenzo117
We take all matters that affect our guests' security and safety very seriously. We will look into this matter further and hope you were able to file a theft report through security describing the incident. In the mean time, we hope you will contact us directly so we can address your concerns appropriately. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced and look forward to speaking with you to ensure prompt resolution. Thank you.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Westin is not right on the Strip, that's true, but it's a very good hotel only a five-minute walk from there (in fact, many people try to avoid the Strip when staying in Las Vegas, so this should be their perfect hotel). Nice rooms, good service, I really spent a good time there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank danieldotcom
The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip providing our guests with the convenience of being close to the area attractions and a quiet retreat at the end of the day. We are thrilled you found your stay a great value and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Cambridge
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have just stayed at this hotel and I was really pleased. Yes it's not on the strip but it is a 7 minute walk (I timed it) down the Flamingo Road which is a proper street (no back alleys) and is completely safe. It takes you directly to the strip opposite the Bellagio Hotel and all the action. You can see the strip from the hotel but it is quieter!
We stayed in a deluxe double double which was fine - the beds are very comfy and the shower was good. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which was handy and the pool area was fab - people on here said it was small so I was expecting to have to fight for loungers and for it to be noisey but even though the hotel was fully booked the loungers weren't all used and the pool never had more than about 6 people in it at a time. The music at the pool is quite loud but it stops you hearing the cars which is good! They provide towels. You can buy drinks from the pool bar - $3 gets you a Sprite with free refills so super reasonable. The one thing we were shocked at was the lack of kids - definitely wasn't complaining (maybe we were just lucky). There is a jacuzzi next to the pool which provides a shaded area although I just went back in the hotel for some air con! You will need your key card to get in the pool area. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. The lobby wasn't massively impressive style wise but you can't have everything. A cab from the hotel to the airport was $15 so don't let cabs coming from the airport rip you off. The airport is really close to the strip. Be aware if you arrive on a Friday night you will queue forever for cabs - we took a shuttle and also had to wait an age (an independant shuttle - not connected to the hotel).
So I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cufccaroline
It appears you were able to enjoy many of the amenities offered at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa during your visit. We are thrilled you found our quiet location near the Las Vegas Strip worked well for your stay. As a hotel offering pools that is open year round, we are delighted you were able to enjoy some time relaxing. Your feedback and suggestions to future guests is appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for two nights this month, September 2012. I had booked the room two months in advance and I had all my paperwork. I checked in and found the room to be a bit warm and it was a handicap room. Called the front desk and mentioned the room was warm and the air conditioner was not cooling it. About 10PM, the maintenance crew shows up and works on the system for about a half hour. Fine. They left and I had to get some sleep because I had a conference to attend the next day. My husband, who traveled there with me, went down to the front desk to ask about the air conditioner and mentioned that we did not order a handicap room but we sure got one. They told him that I had asked for one. I did not and my paperwork proved it. They offered to adjust the bill and send the maintenance guy back for another go round with the Air conditioner. Well the maintenance guy never did show up. But they told my husband that they were booked full and couldn't move us to another room so they would instead compensate us with a credit on the price. They instead added about $200 to our bill. I had to go to the conference so my husband took our paperwork and went to talk to the front desk for a third time. I still don't know if I was charged the correct about as the charge and the credit, neither one is showing up on my card. Be assured, I will deny the charge if it's over what I owe. What a mess. I would never suggest anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Andree E
To read a review such as yours is disappointing as this is not the experience we expect for any of our guests. While we try to ensure proper credit is given to our guests when appropriate, we do hope you will contact us directly to resolve any outstanding discrepancies with your billing so this matter can be quickly resolved. We truly regret any difficulties you may have experienced while here. It is our hope that each guests feel at home while here and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again so we can renew your trust.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My trips to Las Vegas are for business. Therefore, I am looking for a place to stay in close proximity to the large conference facilities without the craziness of Vegas. My main caveat - I do not want to be on the strip. The Westin Las Vegas meets all of my criteria nicely.

Conveniently located close enough to the "action" of LV to allow accessibility to the main convention hotels - but far enough off the strip to allow a break from the Vegas experience. The hotel is clean. The staff are all very customer service oriented.

This is not a garish hotel - so if you are looking for the "Vegas" often seen in Hollywood movies, don't stay at the Westin Las Vegas. However, if you want a great business trip hotel, with a Starbuck's in the lobby and a really friendly staff - the Westin Las Vegas is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip, we are happy you have found the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa works well for your trips. It is our hope that each guest has the ability to relax and unwind while here and we appreciate your comments. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon. Thank you so much for your feedback.