“Nothing To Complain About” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #88 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aiken, South Carolina
“Nothing To Complain About”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2007

My cousin and I stayed at Harrah's from 4/1 - 4/5. Check-in was quick, no problems. We stayed on the 17th floor of the Mardis Gras Tower. We had a view of the Strip and the mountains. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The lady that took care of our room was extremely friendly and took very good care of us. Our sheets were clean, we had plenty of fresh towels, the carpet was clean and vacuumed, and the bathroom was a good size, clean, and we had enough soap, shampoo, etc.

The waitresses were very pleasant but they didn't seem to make rounds as often as some of the other casinos. I don't know how many waitresses they have, maybe not enough to cover the areas as often as they need to.

We tried the Flavors Buffet and found it to be good. There were several varities of food (Italian, Mexican, Asian...fried chicken, Prime Rib, salads, soup, sushi, great desserts). Compared to the buffet at the Flamingo, it was great. (BTW, we ate at both places for lunch).

I didn't do as much gambling at the casino as my cousin did. I found the poker machines to be fairly tight.

The check-out line was pretty long and I had to wait for about 15 minutes. I didn't get too perturbed over this considering it was a holiday/spring break weekend and the front desk was trying to handle check-ins and check-outs.

Overall we had a great experience at Harrah's.

• Liked — Clean, spacious rooms.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank Teresa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,994)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Market, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2007

The room appeared to be recently renovated. It was large, clean, decor was very pleasing, bed and pillows were very comfortable. The tower we were in was about 1/2 block from the strip, but the window view was of the Rio in the distance. Bathroom was very spacious and clean.

Breakfast was not included. A touch-and-you-buy mini-bar was included, so we didn't go near it.

Room heat/air conditioning was reasonably quiet and efficient. Despite the hotel being quite full, the 10th floor room was quiet. Check-in required waiting for a few people, but it went quick and the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpfull.

Short walk from the lobby to the strip, nearly across from Ceasar's Palace and the Mirage. Great location. Ample free car self-parking behind the hotel. Easy access to local roads which can bypass the strip traffic jams. Short drive to the airport.

Very favorable stay.

• Liked — Location, spacious room, decor.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marylanderkj
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2007

I was very pleased with my recent stay at Harrah's Las Vegas and will definately stay there again. My son and I were on a "guys" trip and we arrived on a Monday and left on a Thursday. Someone told me to request a room in the Mardi Gras Tower at check-in as they were the most recently remodeled. The room was great! Clean, flat screen TV. Our view overlooked the pool and was unremarkable but I wasn't staying there for the view. I was staying there because I got a great rate and I like Harrah's "center strip" location. I would definately stay there again! Last year I stayed at TI and had a strip view room but that was the only advantage the TI room had over the Harrah's room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — view from room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank boat73
NORTH DAKOTA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2007

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Harrahs (March 20-24). had a great time and even brought home a little extra money, Harrah's however was having a terrible time, upon arrival their computer system had been down approx 24 hrs and they were "trying" to check people in manually. One member of our party was given a room twice that was already occupied by other guests. My party was 2nd in line to check in around 11:30 pm and waited almost 45 minutes to get checked in but at least the room I was given wasn't already occupied.
The room was standard affair nothing fancy, clean but worn. But what bothered me was the noise from the hall. I'd have guessed I didn't have a door because anything that happened outside the room was clearly audible inside the room. Made it a little hard to sleep in the mornings. Overall it was a so-so stay, I enjoyed the buffet, great food and wonderful service. The casino was extremely noisy, as are most casino's but the cocktail waitresses were friendly and frequent and the machines actually paid out occasionally. Got a pretty good rate on the room with their hot deals from the website. Will definitely look at Harrah's for my next trip but unless they would have great rate will probably stay elsewhere.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — in room noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DOUGT
alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2007

Our fourth trip to Vegas, but our first stay at Harrahs, proved to be a good choice. Location is perfect for you are close to the big hotels, shopping (fashion show mall) and it does not take you two days to walk to your room through the casino.
We checked in early - got the room we asked for - clean and met all our needs, but the carpet could use changing.
Staff were incredible, always ensuring if there was anything "else" they could do for you. It is a older hotel and does not have all the fancy attractions the big ones have but certainly met our needs and at a good price

• Liked — size and customer service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank brentom
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

The first thing you need to know about this hotel is that there are modern/upgraded rooms that look comparible to the Westin, and there are rooms that look like a seedy Motel 6. I can't believe that this is possible under the same roof.

My fiance and I arrived on a Thursday night at around 9:30pm excited for our wedding weekend. We were "guests of the hotel," which was arranged by a business associate of my now- husband. We were told that we would be getting a suite. The first thing the hotel clerk did was tell us there were no more King's available, except for a "smaller" room that was located by the outside bar, which is loud (Carnival Tower - 6th floor). We were already disappointed as we were told that we were getting a suite but tried to keep a smile on. We went up to our room & even entering the 6th floor, I started to panic. The paint was chipping off of the walls, the hallway stunk. We walked to our corner room and walked in to the NASTIEST hotel room I've ever seen. Words cannot express how funky it was. I refused to even sit on the bedspread. The room smelled of stale smoke and it was the size of a shoebox. Immediately, we requested a new room and were told to come back the next day to switch rooms. We were lectured by the front desk staff on how room assignments all depend on how early you arrive to the hotel (pardon us). We asked what they could do and they pretty much told us "nothing." Our only option would to be to pay extra for a suite per night. We opted to do that as we refused to spend our wedding weekend in a disgusting, filthy tiny "motel" room. When we got to our suite, it was much nicer, but still had a smoke stench and our bed was harder than the floor. Apparently, all of the suites have not been modernized, I was told only those for "high rollers" by someone at the front desk. Our bathroom was great though - jacuzzi tub and a shower that could fit 10 people. We were very put out that the original comp-deal that was promised by Harrah's was not delivered and we had to pay extra each night.

I should also point out that we went on to visit some of my friends who had already checked in. They were in the most amazing rooms ever....new furnishings, gorgeous decor, FLAT SCREEN TV's (one in the main room - one in the bathroom). I just couldn't believe the extremes.

Upon check out, the "executive casino host" Bruce, who I had been dealing with via email was gone for days & our associate who was settling our bill had arranged for it to be taken care of. The front desk had no record, Bruce was out for a few days & they had to charge my credit card and eventually we had to do some foot-work to get the charges switched/reversed. Big headache.

To sum things up.... I will never step foot into Harrah's Las Vegas again. I'm not a big fan due to the low-ceilings and large amount of smoke circling the casino. I've stayed at Mirage, Mandalay Bay, MGM & even the Marriot Residence Inn and never had a single issue.

Stayed February 2007
10 Thank icechik74

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Florence,Ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2007

My bf and I along with another couple flew out to Vegas for three nights and they were staying at the Aladdin, but we chose Harrah's b/c of the cheaper price. We got in on a late flight and we were both exhausted. We however wanted to start gambling right away. Well over an hour later we did! Check in was BAD!! We stood in line for 45mins before an agent helped us. Then as he helped us(nice new guy) he told us that our type of room was not available. We requested non smoking and one Queen. Well they had smoking and a double. I was livid, not only b/c we had to stand in like, but then not a good room. Well after 15mins of him going back and forth to his manager he said "All we have left is a suite so we will put you in that." I was excited, but downplayed it haha..I just said"oh okay" So after an hour of checking in we finally get to the 33rd floor suite..they have 35 floors total. IT WAS THE BEST ROOM I HAVE EVER STAYED IN.... I loved it! So did my bf. The living room was big and then the bedroom was too. The bed was very comfortable and then came my favorite part-The bathroom! It was as big as the bedroom. It had a huge jacuzzi type tub,two big sinks on either side of the tub,a separate shower and the toilet was even in its own little room. It even had blinds and a french type door connecting it to the bedroom. I could have stayed in there all night! haha..

The buffet was great and large. I thought the dinner buffet was a little pricey so we did not eat there. Not sure if it would have been worth it or not.

The casino was not bad, but I did not use it that much. I think a couple slots and that was it. People told me the outdoor area with the bartenders was really cool, but we never got to check it out. Also I heard Toby Keith's bar and The Range Steakhouse were pretty good restaurants, but did not check them out either.

I definitely suggest this hotel...especially if you want a suite. I did not get to see the standard rooms, but I am sure they are nice as well. Our rooms' view was pretty nice too of the Mirage and mountains.

I would for sure stay here again. Also for a good Italian place to eat..just around the corner behind Bally's in the back of the strip is a great restaurant called Battista's Hole in the Wall Italian. You get huge portions of pasta,salad or soup,garlic bread and a cappucino at the end all for a great price!! Check it out!!

• Liked — Upgrade to suite and it was a nice suite
  • Disliked — Check-in was SLOW
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kristinr1108