“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #93 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed November 14, 2005

I stayed at Harrahs last week and it was terrible. The rooms were much too small and the bathroom was not as bright as it should be. My first night there, housekeeping just walked into my room without even knocking to see if anyone was in the room. Getting sleep was tough especially with the air conditioner on. It was like sleeping near a jet engine. The sheets on the bed were clean mostly but I did find a hair on one side of the bed.

The food in the restaurants were terrible and way too high for the price. Even a drink at the Piano Bar was way too high for the price. I got a rum and coke and it cost me $7.50 there and the drink might as well have been in a shot glass it was so small.

A stay at Harrahs is not worth the price. We could have stayed at Bally's and probbably gotten a better rate. The reason we stayed at Harrahs was to attend a wedding at Treasure Island which was closer. If you want to take a trip to Vegas, avoid Harrahs.

• Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Las Vegas

Reviewed November 8, 2005

we arrived from calgary at 1000 am and immediatly went to the harrah. we checked our luggage and went to check in. no lne up at that time, wonderful lady at checkin and up graded us to a suite. our room was large with a king bed, huge bathroom with jet tub and shower the furniture was old and chipped in places but bed was comfortable and very clean. the living room had a wet bar and a coffee maker which was great to have and a fridge. we also had a connecting double room as there were five women.we always found the cleaning staff very friendly and helpful leaving extra coffee,towels or linen when asked. the elevaters we very fast and convient to get to. we appreciated the security check at night and always felt very safe. the room and hallway was very quiet we never knew there we others there. we were in the mardi gras tower on the one of the higher floors.we never ate at the hotel as ther were always line ups. we did go to the mac king free show and loved him a must see good for any age. my daughters 23 and 25 went to the improv but a commdian show was on and had a great time. we loved staying on the strip and close to all the other large hotels. we did little gambling but tried out a few penny slots. we did use the shuttle bus to go to the rio very easy and had fun over there. my daughters loved the pool at the rio,there was no cost. we also used the shuttle train. very fast and convient. we spent five days in vegas and had a blast'we would stay at the harrah again price was great and had wonderful friendly sevice from all the staff

10  Thank 56jo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2005

The restraunt situation was terrible. We would stand in line for 30 minutes while there were many empty tables. A special line for special card holders allowed those people to go to the head of the line.
We were left standing like a herd of cattle. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2005

My wife and I, nonsmokers, checked-in to Harrahs on Oct 16 and the entire time we were assulted by the odors of various tobacco smoke. Anytime we wanted to go into or out of our room we had to go into the smoke-filled casino lobby. We stayed at the Venetian later in our trip and even though people smoke there, you don't bathe in it. We walked through 10 different casinos and of those 10, Harrah's was definately the worst.

And beware of getting a room in the Mardi Gras tower above the Carnaval Court. The music goes on until 2am and I had to be up at 6am for a conference. We were changed to the Carnaval Tower (ironically, not near the Carnaval Court) and had a partial strip view (if one considers Casino Royale a premiere strip location).

If smoking and a seedy crowd is your thing, by all means, head to Harrah's!

Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank cha747
Reviewed October 19, 2005

Four of us stayed at Harrahs in Las Vegas for the first time. Harrahs is centrally located on the strip; which makes walking to any of the other strip casinos great. Also the monorail stops right at Harrahs so you only need to go the stations and get on. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. The buffet was under renovation but there was a cafe that served a nice variety of stuff,although the service was alittle slow. The only complaint I have is that the area around the pool was always shady because the sun is blocked by the Imperial Palace next door. All in all though it was very nice and I would definately stay there again.

13  Thank ChelseaBelleNewYork
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 16, 2005

I loved Harrah's

When we got in they were overbooked on the double queen. Even as I started to work up my anger they said they had a suite for us ready and we were welcome to keep it for the remainder of the trip so we didn't have to move. Harrah's location is a godsend. It is center strip, which is neccesary to save your feet. THe service was wonderful, and they casino was never empty like the other hotels at any time, and believe we were there at every imaginable hour.

I would never book anywhere else but Harrah's, the combination of service and location is unbeatable.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Harrah's is not as bad as many of the reviews. The rooms are smaller and older than many in town, but most of us have stayed in worse hotel rooms. We never ate at the hotel so I have nothing to offer on the food. I tend to stay away from the all-you-can-slob and I'm not a Toby Keith fan.

The hotel has one great feature and that is the location right in the middle of the strip. The hotel is located accross from the Forum Shops of Caesar's Palace. You have a great selection of restaurants. You have casinos like the Casino Royale or Imperial Palace for cheap tables on either side of you.

The tables at Harrah's were always empty because they are over priced. The dealers were stuffy and just not fun. I think it may be the largely older crowd that causes this atmosphere.

I think this is decent place to stay and a decent value. Just be prepared that the rooms aren't as nice as most places but the location makes it worth the money.

10  Thank RprJL