“In the heart of Vegas”

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #89 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The people at reception was welcoming and informative. A good introduction to the hotel.
Also on my checkout I had another pleasant experience with the Receptionist.
The cleaners always said Good Morning and generally the personal of the hotel help make my stay an enjoyable one
A clean hotel.... A very important point.
The room was a queen size double room at the end of a long corridor.
The room itself was looking a bit tired, but for the price I had little to complain about.
It wax quiet and I was never disturbed by other house guests.
It is in the heart of the strip and the Airport Shuttle got mr there very quickly.
Recommend the Oyster Bar in the Casino as the food was outstanding and not over priced
I would return and stay in this friendly , clean Hotel,Casino.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank johnsteele507
Write a ReviewReviews (20,261)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

After reading so many negative reviews I was a little concerned. We didn't have any problems with this hotel. Check in process was smooth and quick (thanks Jennifer). The room was clean and quiet and we were there on a Friday night. Couldn't ask for a better location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Catch22SLG
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Harrah's has the perfect location situated in the heart of the strip. You get what you pay for. We were placed in a smoke free room, the room was tidy, service was reasonable, amazing quick stop shops for that last minute pair of flats, low playing tables, reasonable food and exception house keeping. It is no Caesars but the location for Harrah's is perfect for those who are visiting for the first time on a tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Harrahs in Las Vegas. Room was very clean and comfortable. Very friendly check-in staff and room was ready immediately. A very safe feeling atmosphere and a good mix of machines to play. I would most certainly stay at Harrhs again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm not usually one to complain but I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Harrah's. I knew going in that based on the price point it was going to be not that great; you get what you pay for, right?

However, here are my three main gripes with my stay:
a) When we got there at 1 am their computers were down and there was a check-in line that snaked literally into the casino It took two hours to get my room and no comp was offered (not even a free meal).

b) No Internet except in the suites. Are you kidding me? Pretty sure even Jimmy's Motel offers its customers internet.

c) No mini-fridge. There was one in the room but it wasn't working. When I inquired as to get a working one, I was told that the mini-fridge didn't apply to my room. Again, how cheap can you be?

My suggestion is to either pay an extra $10-15 dollars or so and stay at a 4 star, or bite the bullet and stay at the Luxor which is not in the middle of the strip.

Room Tip: Make sure you inquire if you have a working fridge.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe B
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We came to check in at 4 pm and there was a huge line. When we finally see the receptionist they tell us that they only have available two double beds, even though we specifically asked for one king bed, and to get one king bed we would have to pay for an upgrade. The room was generally clean except for toe nails clippings on the carpet that were not properly cleaned. The best thing about Harrah’s is the location in the middle of the strip.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We are sorry to read of your poor experience with your room assignment and for the manner in which you found your room prepared. We will be sure to pass along your comments to management for review. We hope you will give Harrah's another try on a future visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

After fifteen years of staying with Harrah's we should have noticed the decline in service, cleanliness and quality of staff. The inedible buffet, snarling waitresses and filthy hallways and elevators has forever moved us to find a decent replacement. Confirmed room rates were not honored until after four conversations and two hours of wasted time, bellboy disgusted with five dollar tip for one bag. Just generally a lousy facility.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at csac_lv@caesars.com. We do hope you will stay with us again.