“Best beds, sound proof room, older crowd”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #94 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My partner and are in our late 20's and felt as if we were in a retirement village but that didnt bother us due to the very overpriced drinks compared to other casinos we really only slept there. Check in was fast and friendly we stayed in the mardigrass tower with views of the pool and ceasers palace. We we on the 14th floor and if i opened the door i could hear the band below blasting and as soon as you shut the sliding door you wouldnt even know they were playing, great sound proofing and the most amazing hotel beds i have ever slept in. The buffet dinner was just delicious and a must do. No wifi was really annoying and we often had to go to macdonalds to use the wifi. rooms were spotless and spacious. overall I would stay again just for the good nights sleep after partying all night. dennys next door had great cheap, tasty breakfast, lunches go there to save money

1  Thank tequilasunrise4
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Las Vegas

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Let's start with even finding it. The garages are confusing and not well marked. Construction and crazy drivers make it madness. At check in we were NOT informed that this is not a wireless friendly hotel. They are old school and only use Ethernet connections to a lap top. Come on. What year is this. Not to mention its important to tell someone that in the day and age of the tablet. They need to get their act together there. I was told I could use wireless in the lobby. Really? I'm going to go down 24 floors? Anyway they at least agreed to waive the resort fee. Let's get to the room. Actually while the pictures and furniture are slightly dated if they updated it would make this place a gem. I have to say the room was spacious and very clean. I can also safely say that this is the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. Take that from a hotel snob. I wanted to take that bed home with me. I didn't find the smell of smoke at all to be an issue I fact the hallways and rooms were clean.
The view was terrible of parking garages. I was too tired to care.
I can say with a few minor tweek harrahs can compete with some of the best. I wouldn't stay again but it's only technology related. They need to address it... And until they do,they need to inform guests properly.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank annie517
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

annie517, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed at Harrah's Las Vegas during the week of Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful stay at Harrah's. The location is perfect, center of strip, what more could you ask for. My room was comped but I would like to mention if I had to pay for a room the price is reasonable and affordable for all (check out www.harrahs.com or www.caesars.com). Check-In was a breeze, no headache, no hassel--I even checked in earlier with no problems at all. Room was clean and tended to daily. Ate at KGB Burgers, Toby Keith's, and Flavors. The food quality was excellent, huge portions, and reasonably priced. Shuttle service to Sam's Town and Rio, very convenient---saved the cost of a taxi ride. Went over to Caesars who also has a shuttle that goes to the Palms Casino--again, saved the cost of a taxi ride. I cannot say enough about the staff at Harrah's Las Vegas. Harrah's Las Vegas employees are professional, kind, courteous, and go above and beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome in everyway imaginable. If you've ever wanted to be treated like royalty, this is the place to go. Had such a wonderful trip, we've already planned our vacation to Harrah's Las Vegas, 2014. Harrah's Las Vegas---I Love You and Thank You For A Wonderful Trip

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nette220
Reviewed December 10, 2013

There's one thing you can count on at Harrah's LV and that is consistency. It never changes there. It's a basic, clean hotel with friendly staff. They have instituted a new "resort fee" which gives you access to a workout facility (who goes to Vegas to work out?); wired in-room internet but no wifi (who uses wired over wifi these days); and local phone calls (but don't call any toll free numbers cause they cost you). I wouldn't mind the resort fees quite so much if I noticed some improvements or upgrades...like resort wide wifi. The location is the best reason to return as they are dead center of the strip and in a good location for the opening of the new Linq. They advertise a restaurant called the Carnaval Grill which is supposed to be open 24 hours, but twice I went and it was closed both times. The Cafe which always used to be a good place to eat has reduced it's hours. Thankfully there are many food options close by and, of course, McDonalds for wifi. The shuttle services to Rio and Sam's Town a bonus.

Room Tip: I prefer the Carnaval Tower to the Mardi Gras Tower. I found the rooms bigger and more updated.
2  Thank Katrina W
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A good hotel, just in the middle of the action in the strip, so it is a good headquarter for visiting the iconic hotels nearby.

Maybe it is a little bit aged, but in the other hand, it is clean and the relationship between quality/price is very good, including the no-sense resort fee.

Ok, there is no wifi, what is a little weird in 2013, but God our Lord has provided a MacDonald's just beside Harrah's, so go for it and take advantage of it.

Probably, I will come back when I return to LV.

Room Tip: Strip view's room, while not is a astonishing view, gives you an Strip taste, and it is not far...
2  Thank XaviTona
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My Vegas Weekend was flawless, checkin, customer service, and gaming, bars,and location of hotel, center of Vegas strip, made aaccess easy. I really recommend this hotel! I enjoyed the restaurants, bars, entertainment and slots !!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Frank G
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here all of Thanksgiving week. I can not say enough about what a fabulous stay we had. Arrived in early and check in was a breeze. No waiting and did not have to pay any extra to check in early. Also signed up for the rewards card after checking in and won a free buffet voucher for doing so! Stayed in a premium room in the Mardi Gras tower, Room 931. Room was very clean and the décor was up to date. Best bed I have ever slept in. I would love to know where I could purchase one of the beds! (It’s better than my own bed at home.) No problems with outside noise. Even had a small balcony that we could look out on. The housekeeping staff overly friendly and very pleasant. Noticed no smoky smell in the casinos like some other have mentioned. The location is the BEST! So close to all the action. Next door is a Mcdonald’s where ate off the dollar menu every day for breakfast. (Also plenty of cheap eats next door: Chipotle, Panda Express, Subway, Pizza, Dennys). Walgreens is about a 5min walk next door at the Venetian. Stocked up on snacks and alcohol for the room there. (they sell beer, wine and hard liquor). If you want to go over to the Rio Hotel there is a free shuttle to take you there and back. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. We purchased the 24hr bus ticket that we used to get to and from Freemont Street. When leaving to head back to the airport they already had a shuttle bus ($7 person) waiting to take people to the airport. We plan on coming out to Vegas again and will be back at Harrah’s!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple